Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting - stock Hellcat + race gas/DRs = 10.4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting - stock Hellcat + race gas/DRs = 10.4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmMamdWKr0

No doubt the Hellcat is a badass performance car, but I think it's kind of fishy that the majority of the quicker stock Hellcats we are seeing are running low 11s/high 10s stock on a tire. This guy adds race gas and gains half a second in ET and 7 mph? Why would you need race gas on a stock engine if nothin else is done to it? I think I smell nitrous.

I will say I like the Hellcat. I actually prefer the Charger Hellcat because I've always been lukewarm to the new Challenger's looks.

Apparently it's on a stock tune as well.....

Comment

Sorry, but you cannot buy a Hellcat at this time.

Comment

Be careful! You don't wanna doubt any hellcat vids, because ol Alleyoop2 will say you're hating on his beloved MOPARS.

Comment

they don't offer a nitrous kit for these yet. And even if you bolted a kit on the car, the car wouldn't recognize it.
          ------------------------------------
          Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
            Be careful! You don't wanna doubt any hellcat vids, because ol Alleyoop2 will say you're hating on his beloved MOPARS.
            It's all good, I did get to drive one last week.
            Let the hating begin!

Comment

Thoughts?

Comment

Thoughts?
                It was cool as hell! But I'm biased. Good power, and they sound good. I couldn't get on it as much as what I would have liked, but it was still cool, and it was a stick too!

I was in third gear, and punched it and the rear tires broke loose going 45 mph
                Let the hating begin!

Comment

Haven't heard about many with a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
                    they don't offer a nitrous kit for these yet. And even if you bolted a kit on the car, the car wouldn't recognize it.
                    So if someone hooked up a small dry shot directly into the intake, the engine wouldn't make more power with the added nitrous?

Comment

Didn't you know Hellcat engines are built differently? They're different than other engines if you introduce air, fuel, nitrous, etc into the induction system.

Comment

Didn't you know Hellcat engines are built differently? They're different than other engines if you introduce air, fuel, nitrous, etc into the induction system.
                        :lol:
                        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

This is Hellcat motor is a major step forward in technology. If the Hellcat doesn't recognize nitrous, does it not recognize other mods like gears? Let's say you install 4.56 gears in the Hellcat, does the computer not acknowledge the gears because it knows a kit hasn't been made available yet, so after the install the computer pulls timing to accelerate slower to keep the car more in line with a stock Hellcat?

Comment

What a bunch a 's

I can't help it if you "GM" guy's can't take like men.

Have any of you found a video of you special ZO6 C7 package junkboxes going faster than a Hellcat yet?? I didn't think so..........................................

Let the hating begin!

Comment

LOL!

Hell, every objective report I've read or seen on TV about the 'Cat says that it can't hook worth a shit without slicks, and that it takes an extraordinary amount of talent to run a decent 1/4-mile with it - even on sticky street tires. In contrast, every objective report I've read or seen regarding the 'Vette w/Z07 package says that anyone can get it to hook, simply by mashing the pedal.

And then of course, you've got those pesky laws of physics regarding HP & torque/lb that even the 'Cat with its magical engine that somehow doesn't respond to power-adders can't break. :rotfl:

I'd LOVE to hear a scientific, fact-based explanation as to why the 'Cat's engine won't make more power than stock if nitrous is sprayed directly into the intake. After all, it allegedly makes more power on high-octane race-gas.

Joel
                              There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
                              X