New car hang out spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car hang out spot?

A good friend Paul Kjornes sent me this invite on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Satur...age_fan_invite

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/j...psbz66vepy.jpg

(Of course you have to join FB to get access).

For those who aren't on FB:

February 12 at 1:01pm

A few comments:

Saturday's on 7th
    This is the new spot to meet on Saturdays for car people. Being we cannot go to Harmar after 10, Sears at all, or University ave we can meet here. The city council is helping with organizing this so the police will not be kicking people out.TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

Saturday's on 7th
    Andrew it's going to "start" at 6. Kind of like har Mar,sears and uni use to be. This is Mark and I know you go up there. So it's like that no defiant time just around then.
    Saturday's on 7th
    Not yet. Nicholas is talking about blocking off a road (legally) and having that be a spot but it's not official yet. And other spots are being worked on as as well. (Talking to local business owners)

Sounds good, but how long before the idiots show up there. Maybe we can get some muscle to deal with the slobs that throw their shit on the ground and deal the street squirrels.

Comment

Yeah, pretty sad when a car pulls up and trash rolls out as they open the door. A bunch of pathetic slobs.

Comment

Good news! Hope it works out. We definitely need a new hangout spot that actually welcomes car-guys rather than begrudgingly tolerating us. Need to nip the litterbug slob & street squirrel crap in the bud right away, to set the tone.

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Saturdays on 7th
          I dropped off flyers to a lot of the businesses today in 7th and they were very receptive. And of course Mancini's immediately started looking into what part of the parking lot they could use for classics and cruizers. So the ball is still rolling and NO ONE has had any negative issues pertaining to the idea of Saturday's on 7th!
          So Far, So Good! Thanks for all of the comments and momentum. It is going to be a beautiful thing, and long over due!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
            Sounds good, but how long before the idiots show up there. Maybe we can get some muscle to deal with the slobs that throw their shit on the ground and deal the street squirrels.
            That's exactly it.

And how quickly people forget, certain politicians despised the car scene on Uni back then. They were the ones telling the police to go "enforce the law" on the car scene at the time. I don't see how that's changed in just a few years. Unless it has to do with yellow bikes or mass transit, it's frowned upon by certain "elected" people in that town. And besides this area of 7th has a lot more residential than say Uni did around Porkys. This equates to a greater likelihood of nearby residents calling police to "complain" about someone's perceived loud exhaust, squealing tires or whatever.

Comment

I have always believed that the cops should bust the street squirrels when they get out of hand. Idiots that burn their tires around a corner or doing donuts in a parking lot just shows how stupid they really are. Most cities don't hate the Hot Rod crowd, they just hate the fast and furious people. Most of us car people have money to spend and would a city like St. Paul rather have our money or should we spend it elsewhere. It's up to them, like the baseball movie, if you build it they will come or in our case "cruise".

Comment

Kinda tired of winter.:sad smile:

Comment

Forgive me for any cynicism. If some things are put in place to keep the riff raff out so its self regulated maybe it could become another spot in addition to Hastings, North St Paul, the drive-in, etc.

Comment

Cynicism or maybe frustration?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                      Kinda tired of winter.:sad smile:
                      Good news, suppose to be 60° on Thurs. this week.

Comment

Working...
                      X