Street Outlaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street Outlaws

Anyone ever watch these racers from Ok?. Cars are fast and I really like the old Farmtruck. One dude says these are the fastest cars in the country, ya right. I think there are some cars here that would give some of those country hicks a run for their money. Not a bad show though.

Yeah I try to catch it when I can. The farm truck isn't even one of their fastest. The top guys are putting some serious HP down. The black primered GTO or Lemans rides on the back tires when it launches. Haven't seen anybody around here doing that on the street. Hell, I hardly ever see it at the tracks around here. Who around here would give them a run for their money?

Comment

There's been quite a few fox body mustangs on there. Still haven't seen one with a Ford motor in it. Wonder why that is?

Comment

I watch the show sometimes. I usually avoid reality shows, but I think that one is pretty good. Regarding fast - well, lots of people claim to have the fastest whatever sort of vehicle in the country/world, etc. YouTube is full of such claims. However - no matter how fast you think you are, there's somebody out there who is faster.

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

No doubt about that, Joel.

Yeah, one segment a guy with one of the fastest national drag cars trailered cross country to shut them up. He was well known and respected with his high powered '57 Chev. Well, he got his arse handed to him. While his car dominated at the track, he found out it was a different deal on street. Nothing appeared to be fake about it. He looked like he didn't know what hit him.

I know it's camera filled, but that street racing makes what goes on around here like pro against elementary. Around here, they frum roll. Out there, they dig race so there's really no comparison. People here stand around for 3-4 hours and you may see one or two mediocre races.

Has anybody seen a a certain high hp Lambo run frum dig? I've heard some of them say "oh I can't run frum dig because I might break something" What a joke. And we compare street racing out here to the Oklahoma boys? yeah right.

Fast Eddy's car is about the only one that is legit around here. Or Finney's car when he was in the scene.

Comment

That LeMans hauls ass. He is running a 482ci V8 with twin 88mm turbos. Fun car to watch. I like how he bumps it up to the line.

I kinda have a hard time believing they aren't on a closed off road of some sort (on race nights). No way all those high hp cars are out making all that noise, doing big smokey burnouts, breaking parts, going in the ditch etc...on a public street that's not closed off. The "test hits" they make on the street are a different story. But the race nights seem pretty general public and police-free for as long as I've been watching (which would be the better part of 4 seasons now).

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
              There's been quite a few fox body mustangs on there. Still haven't seen one with a Ford motor in it. Wonder why that is?

I think the gold mustang has a ford engine in it, unless the guy put ford motorsports on his SBC valve covers. LOL

Comment

The gold mustang that used to be on the list?

Comment

Its a scripted show, the races are run on a street shut down with a permit, and they have cops firetrucks and ambulance on site. Jeff Lutz ( who is a friend of mine) with the 57 was paid to lose, these guys all sign a contract to be on the show. There are a few in trouble now because they have signed contracts to appear, but nhra sent out a couple dozen letter saying if they appear on the show, they will pull their competition licenses, its causing quite the controversy. Its a pretty good show though.

Comment

Wow. Thanks for the info, Kelly. I still think that Pontiac is one quick ride. It hooks & books like crazy.

Comment

http://www.dragzine.com/news/street-...se-suspension/

Comment

Interesting that the NHRA is now pulling members' licenses for being on the show - claiming that they're participating in "illegal street racing", which endangers others & promotes unsafe driving.

Given that the the show obtains a permit to race (so they're not actually racing illegally), and given that the cars & drivers use pretty much every NHRA-mandated safety device, how can the NHRA punish its members for being on the show? Would they also pull your license for participating in the legal street drags up in Duluth because it promotes unsafe driving? I bet not....

Joel
                        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

I have often said that John Force has ruined NHRA with crybaby attitude and now that people do not go to the races anymore NHRA hates losing market share to stuff like this. I will tell you that if there is a local track that goes IHRA I will be there. I have not gone to a national event at BIR in over a decade, prices are way too high and the little guy does not matter to them anymore. I wonder how long this will go on, I do like one thing OUTLAWS FTW!

Comment

Just read Cedar Falls is an IHRA track again. Looks like we may have to do a little run later this year.

Comment

I like Street Outlaws.

Comment

Working...
                              X