No Car Craft next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Car Craft next year?

Pretty sure I read that Car Craft is changing to Milwaukee next year instead of here. I know Bob was never a big fan of CC, but I liked it because I wasn't limited to seeing '64 and older cars. Plus as I talked to guys from other areas of the country, people always had positive things to say about us being a host city due to coverage in CC mag.

Hmm

They are still advertising it on the Internet here.

http://www.exploreminnesota.com/even...mer-nationals/

Where did you see it moved?

Comment

I read there is still going to be a show on that date but is will be called something else. Ya I was never a big CC fan for sure, most of the reason for moving it was because I guess all the bigger car TV shows will be at CC and from what I have heard the show at St. Paul was not getting as big and they would like it to be the same as BTT 50's. More money I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by tcat55371 View Post
        They are still advertising it on the Internet here.

http://www.exploreminnesota.com/even...mer-nationals/

Where did you see it moved?
        http://www.hotrod.com/events/summer-nationals/

Comment

Yes, the "Street Machine Nationals" is what it has been chanced to. I like going to these because it is an annual car thing, and there is not much of that going on around these parts anymore. I just like to get out to hang, there is a lot of tools out there but you kinda have to take the good with the bad.
          http://www.streetmachinenationals.net/

:smile tease:T5

Comment

Wonder what the rider numbers are for the light rail through university? Hope it was worth tearing up Uni and destroying Porky's. When you destroy a historic cruising area, it doesn't help bring car stuff here.

Comment

Wow. Didn't see that one coming. I thought CC had been doing well. In fact - more than 7000 show cars were there last year, and over 50,000 spectators attended. That set the all-time record for cars & spectators since the event started back in '95 - despite the demise of the Uni cruise & Porky's.

Yeah, it would be interesting to see the light rail numbers. I bet it takes a fair number of regular riders just to make up for the tax revenue they lost from the local businesses during the cruising season.

Joel
              There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Not only that revenue but how many riders needed to offset the construction costs.

Comment

I say good riddins to CC anyways, they suck! I think the first two or three years, the MSMA ran it and CC just sponsored it. Then CC took over the event and it turned to shit. Hopefully it will bring new life to it. I'm even tempted to go, if CC has nothing to do with it.
                  ------------------------------------
                  Let the hating begin!

Comment

Car Craft was over rated

Comment

I think I'll go either way. It's a good excuse to drive the old dirty girl down to the city for a dat
                      5.55@126
                      8.67@155
                      www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Just a name change is all it is, only thing that will be different,is the name on the T-shirt you buy. lol

Comment

Working...
                        X