It's Official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Official

On Oct. 3rd I am not going to work full time anymore. I put in my notice to the General Manager and said it's over, time to go.

Good for you! Gotta start enjoying life!
    ------------------------------------
    Let the hating begin!

Comment

Yeah Bob, you deserve to do other things

Comment

Sweet, so you have the day off for the Midway shoot out on the 4th.

Comment

Well

We should start a TCO things for you to do list to stay in shape. I have trees that need to be trimmed, lawn mowed, motor swap in car and snow blowers that need a tune up. :)

Congrads, be awhile before I can do that if I live that long. lol

Comment

Thanks all, I had to do it as the people who are in charge do not seem to care about an older worker. Last week I worked on 65 cars and that's not good enough for them while all the other slackers screw off all day and take almost an hour for lunch. When I go to work, I work period, I don't sit on the phone and I don't visit all day. With that said I decided to prove my point that retiring will leave them thinking. I have a list of things a mile long to do as there is a ton of stuff to get done as I have worked full time for the last 5 years. I now have a lot of energy still after 1 year from having stents and managed to keep off 40 lbs. or more at times. Still have a lot of walking and exercise that will have to be done for the rest of my life but it is worth it. This year I feel great. TCO will get a new look as winter comes on and it is time for some upgrades. I welcome some of your guys ideas too as it's your site and glad to have you all on board. Thanks again, life is good.

Comment

good for you.

Comment

Plenty of time now to look at tapes.:rotfl:

Comment

Congrats Robert. I think you could say that about most mgr. types. The mgr.'s at the bus company don't care much about the workers but some are nice. I think way upper management dictates the type of attitude that trickles down.

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                    Congrats Robert. I think you could say that about most mgr. types. The mgr.'s at the bus company don't care much about the workers but some are nice. I think way upper management dictates the type of attitude that trickles down.
                    Thanks Joe, ya the GM sure is a little girl about all this, but who cares I am tired of doing oil changes all day, 5 years is enough. The thought of being a Journeyman line tech does not interest me either, about the only thing I will ever do at a dealer again is be a runner. Easy work, you don't get dirty and great pay for what you do.

Comment

4 days left.

Comment

Congrats. Sounds like your supervisors will soon have to re-direct their ire to one of the cell phone talking, face book posting clock milkers there now.

Comment

It's over I'm FREE

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                            It's over I'm FREE
                            Well as long as you are now FREE and not charging anymore, I have a bunch of stuff you can do for me...
                            :smile tease::funny shit:

Enjoy

Comment

First day off, ahhhhhhh.

Comment

Working...
                              X