No announcement yet.

More Hellcat info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't argue with anything you just posted.

By the way, I think Dodge did a good thing by bringing the Hellcat into the ring. Has definitely stirred up some discussions. I disagree with a company that advertises a car to run a certain time to lure a customer into buying it. And when a customer plops down their hard earned dollars, gets to the track and it doesn't deliver, Dodge has the guy's money. I also feel that it's a slap in the face to a racer that goes to the track and goes through all the disappointments only a racer can experience, but a guy buys a Hellcat and claims to have a 10 sec car without ever getting the time slip.

A good friend who had never raced his car kept telling me and many others that he had a 10 sec car. I told him until he got the 10 sec time slip, he didn't have a 10 sec car. I rode in his car and felt it was a high 11 sec car. After many disagreements, some as I mentioned above, I challenged him to take it to the track. He said he didn't have a trailer. I said I'd trailer him to the track. He felt he'd prove me wrong. 1st run was a 12.20 at 125. Impressive mph, but far from a 10 sec pass. 2nd run was a 11.89 @ 126. he never ran quicker than that. So as a racer that has done this for years, I was right. He definitely had mph to run 10s but mph doesn't get you to the finish line first.

So, my point is this...if I didn't let a true friend get away with a bogus claim, I'm certainly not going to let anyone else get away with it.

Comment

• It took me a long time to get into the 10's with my red Camaro N/A, it's not as easy as people think. At the Rock back in '93 I had a Sq. Port 396 in the car that day, best I ran with out spray was 12.09 far cry from the low 11's I though it would run. Late in the day I put a 150 shot on the car, it did not hook well but still ran 10.75@125, all the guys I was with that day shut up about what my car ran.

I have seen a ton of factory so called "performance cars" over the years run at the track with piss poor time slips and that's the reason I never bought a new car to race. I cannot justify spending over 30K for a 13 sec. time slip then spend more just to go 12's od high 11's. So to spend 60K or more on a Hellcat, 5.0 or a ZL1 Camaro I will take that 60K spend less than half of that on an older car and spank every new car out there and have some fun doing it. My old green Z may be that car if the one guy I know does not buy it by the end of March.

Comment

• Here's frustrated Hellcat owner's advice...(a tutorial)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...FcqPbok2-c#t=9

Comment

• Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          Here's frustrated Hellcat owner's advice...(a tutorial)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...FcqPbok2-c#t=9
          That guy doesn't deserve on of these cars, what a douche
          ------------------------------------
          Let the hating begin!

Comment

• 10.86 @ 127 HELLCAT

http://youtu.be/o_aB9JTiFVE
            Let the hating begin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
              10.86 @ 127 HELLCAT

http://youtu.be/o_aB9JTiFVE

Forgot the picture

Let the hating begin!

Comment

• Z06 Vs Hellcat Vs GT500

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF_H...embedded#t=160

Comment

Yeah, like you said before, that don't mean anything.
                  And what do you expect from "Bad Bowtie Prductions" c'mon................................... there not gonna make the Dodges and Fords look good...................
                  Let the hating begin!

Comment

Yeah, like you said before, that don't mean anything.
                    And what do you expect from "Bad Bowtie Prductions" c'mon................................... there not gonna make the Dodges and Fords look good...................
                    So you think any video that shows the much lighter, much higher traction 'Vette as being quicker than the wheelspin-happy 'Cat that weighs as much as a full-size 4x4 pickup is bogus - but all of the videos of the 'Cat running 10s in supposedly showroom-stock trim & tune on standard pump-gas premium are legit? Get real.... Your blatantly obvious extreme bias has blinded you to even the most basic laws of physics.

Joel
                    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                      So --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joel

Sooooo, did you not see the picture that I posted? Here, I'll post it again.......

I'm not going to let this turn into round 2. When you find one of those junkwagons to go faster than a 10.86, let me know. Then I'll post the video of the Hellcat doing a 10.48 @ 133 but after that, you'll have to find another one, and so on, and so on........................................
                      Let the hating begin!

Comment

Sooooo, did you not see the picture that I posted? Here, I'll post it again.......

I'm not going to let this turn into round 2. When you find one of those junkwagons to go faster than a 10.86, let me know. Then I'll post the video of the Hellcat doing a 10.48 @ 133 but after that, you'll have to find another one, and so on, and so on........................................
                        At Rock Falls? :laughing smile:

Comment

• .....I'm not going to let this turn into round 2. When you find one of those junkwagons to go faster than a 10.86, let me know. Then I'll post the video of the Hellcat doing a 10.48 @ 133 but after that, you'll have to find another one, and so on, and so on........................................
                          You're the one who keeps beating the dead horse with your delusional 'Hellcat is the best car in the world' crap.

You're simply digging yourself a deeper hole every time you denounce the 'Vette's numbers, yet claim that all of the Mopar hype on the 'Net is the gospel truth. Junkwagons?? That's funny coming from a diehard Mopar guy, when everyone knows that Mopar has had the most dismal quality, fit & finish, and reliability of the Big Three for a number of decades. The 'Vette's fit & finish is on-par with what one expects from a supercar. The 'Cat's interior & general fit & finish doesn't hold a candle to it.

And if you post a clip of the fat 'Cat running 10.5s, it certainly WON'T be stock. LOL!!

Joel
                          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

At Rock Falls? :laughing smile:
                            Certainly NOT at Rock Falls!
                            Let the hating begin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                              Blah, blah, blah-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              And if you post a clip of the fat 'Cat running 10.5s, it certainly WON'T be stock. LOL!!

Joel
                              It already happened a couple pages back, 10.48 @ 133.

And the vette that did the 10.90 was STOCK? Pull your head out, those back tires didn't have any tread on em
                              Last edited by Alleyoop2; 02-24-2015, 08:30 PM.
                              Let the hating begin!

Comment

blah, blah, blah

And the vette that did the 10.90 was STOCK? Pull your head out, those back tires didn't have any tread on em
                                The 'Cat that ran 10.48 wasn't stock & you know it. In contrast, the Z07 package includes those tires, so the 'Vette was indeed factory-stock. You need to read-up.

Again, your blatantly obvious bleading-heart Mopar fanboy attitude & disregard for the basic laws of physics & reality is simply digging you deeper into your fanboy 'Mopar makes the best cars in the world & GM cars are all crap' hole. In contrast, I have never talked childish shit about the 'Cat. And I freely admit the GM has made some seriously crappy vehicles over the years - however - the 2015 Corvette isn't one of them. Quite to the contrary, it competes on all levels with supercars that cost up to 10 times as much as it does, and every single reviewer has made extremely positive comments regarding the quality of the interior & the car's general fit & finish. It is simply a brilliant piece of engineering. Something that no TRUE car-guy can deny. And the Z06 version w/Z07 option will easily run circles around the extremely overweight fat-Cat in the twisties as well as on the dragstrip - when both cars are driven by competent drivers who know how to race. Even more so when the wheelspin-happy fat-Cat is being driven by the typical buyer - which is clearly evident in all of the videos of the car spinning halfway down the track when being driven by regular drivers. And so far, all of the professional testers agree that it's extremely difficult to get the 'Cat to hook up even on a well-prepped sticky track, whereas pretty much anyone can get the Z06 w/Z07 option to hook, simply by mashing the pedal right off the line - even without using traction control.

But then I suppose you think that all of the car mags & drive-testers are in a conspiracy to make the 'Cat look bad next to the 'Vette.

Joel
                                Last edited by Fast One; 02-24-2015, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X