More Hellcat info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
    If I disagree with common logic about the hellcat not running 10s as ADVERTISED, I'm a hater? The car IS NOT A 10 SECOND CAR IN SHOWROOM STOCK FORM...PERIOD. If you still say it is, you're either living in a fantasy world or an idiot. So, why don't you admit it's not as advertised and my point will be proven?
    Like mentioned above, low 11's right out of the box, from the factory , on a prepped track. High 10's with drag radials.

All of a sudden, I'm a fuckin idiot?
    ------------------------------------
    Let the hating begin!

Comment

Every hellcat? everytime? Call yourself whatever you want, but I never called you that. So when your friend comes to RF, his is guaranteed to run 11.20s, right? If you believe Dodge's claims, you need to claim it right here/right now. Go ahead, we're waiting.

Comment

I do believe Dodges claim that on a well prepped track you can do a low 11. And on a set of drag radials you can do a high 10 on a well prepped track. Now that being said, I like going to Rock Falls, but a well prepped track, we both know that doesn't happen. No one guarantees anything. Does Dodge guarantee that? NO! I never said they did.

Where do you think they came up with these numbers? They just pulled them out of there ass? Even if that Hellcat did one 10.80 out of 100 runs, it still did it, that's what they claim, and that's what NHRA claims also. That's what I admit.

Do you understand now, or do I have to write you a novel.

You started this thread with your bashing Mopar. Well as long as I'm here, stick with your bashing Fords.
        Let the hating begin!

Comment

Yeah, write us the novel. All I can say is go tell your friend with the Hellcat to bring it to RF. Let me know when he's going and I'll bring my SS. No supercharger, no turbo, no nitrous. We'll see how fast & quick you and Dodge claim it runs. If I win, you post here that the Hellcat is overrated. If I lose, I'll apologize to you right here. Deal?

Comment

You lost already dude.
            Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
              Thank you for that! I'm not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread. I'm just saying Chevy guys have to admit that this car is one of the ultimate modern muscle cars of all time.

For GM guys to give this car it's props, and not to find all the negative about it just because some GM guys are haters like the original poster.

I can argue with this all day long, find video's to beat yours, and vice versa. But the fact of the matter is that the Hellcat is a force to be reckoned with!
              Haters, how come people that cant accept someone elses opinion, has to use the word hater ????? Did anyone call you a hater for not accepting the others opinions ???? Time will tell on the et's of the hell cat, I'm betting in stock trim with drag radials,it wont go 10.60, just this haters opinion. Jason Line drove a friend of mines new vette in vegas, it went 11.60 bone stock spinning the tires, so the times should be close, and it doesnt matter, do you think ford and chevy are gonna let this lay, not a f-ing chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
                You lost already dude.
                Stop living in a fantasy world and tell your friend to bring it. Based on how you've built the Hellcat up in here, it should be an easy win for your friend. I seriously doubt he'll bring it. He--just like you will magazine race.

Comment

It's also worth noting that Alleyoop trusts Dodge's numbers for a bone-stock 'Cat without question, but states that GM is lying about the new Z06 w/Z07 package doing 0-60 in 2.95 sec & running 10.95 in the quarter on factory rubber - which is completely believable, given that C&D ran 11.1 with it in their test!

So Dodge tells the truth, but GM lies? That's a classic example of GM hater talk. WTF???

Joel
                  There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen View Post
                    Haters, how come people that cant accept someone elses opinion, has to use the word hater ????? Did anyone call you a hater for not accepting the others opinions ???? Time will tell on the et's of the hell cat, I'm betting in stock trim with drag radials,it wont go 10.60, just this haters opinion. Jason Line drove a friend of mines new vette in vegas, it went 11.60 bone stock spinning the tires, so the times should be close, and it doesnt matter, do you think ford and chevy are gonna let this lay, not a f-ing chance.
                    Maybe you should go back about nine or ten pages and read. No one said it did a 10.60

Quote "do you think ford and chevy are gonna let this lay, not a f-ing chance." End Quote
                    Exactly my point. Dodge has finally made it to the ring, and you guys don't want accept it.
                    Let the hating begin!

Comment

• I think Alleyoop2 is smarter than that. He can't be serious. Probably just stirring the pot. Getting a rouse out of us. Pretty funny. I also doubt he has a friend with a Hellcat. He wouldn't dig himself into a hole that he can't get out of. Think about it...I bitchslap his friend and that would be really embarrassing to his big bad Dodge logo. Imagine getting bitchslapped by a N/A LS1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                        Stop living in a fantasy world and tell your friend to bring it. Based on how you've built the Hellcat up in here, it should be an easy win for your friend. I seriously doubt he'll bring it. He--just like you will magazine race.
                        What part don't you understand??I do believe Dodges claim that on a well prepped track you can do a low 11. And on a set of drag radials you can do a high 10 on a well prepped track.

Do I believe GM claims? Do I believe that the vette is fast, sure I do. I'm not a fucking idiot. Do I believe that a vette with a ZO7 package will do a 10.97? Show me a video, I'll believe it, but you can't because it doesn't exist right now.

Why do I have to believe your bullshit when you don't have to believe mine, and thats where this thread started. You started it for fuck sake!

I have been on car forums for a lot of years. Been a moderator on 3 of them. with 10,000- 25,000 members. I know your type. You like to stir the pot.

Listen, it comes down to this, I'm gonna believe my bullshit, and you believe yours. Of the 105 members on this site, 100 of them are GM guys, 3 of them are Ford guys and 2 of them are Mopar guys, why can't you let me have my moment?

Talk to MR.hp, I'm a decent guy, and he tells me the same about you. Let me have my Mopar 15 minuets of fame. Thats all that it will last anyways, until Chevy or Ford comes out with something better. I like this site, it's good for the Twin Cities, you should be more open minded.
                        Let the hating begin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                          I think Alleyoop2 is smarter than that. He can't be serious. Probably just stirring the pot. Getting a rouse out of us. Pretty funny. I also doubt he has a friend with a Hellcat. He wouldn't dig himself into a hole that he can't get out of. Think about it...I bitchslap his friend and that would be really embarrassing to his big bad Dodge logo. Imagine getting bitchslapped by a N/A LS1.
                          Exactly what I'm talking about. Let me ask you a question, how old of a guy are you? Aint this your site? Why don't you get along with the guys on TCStangs site? That might explain a few things??
                          Let the hating begin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
                            Exactly what I'm talking about. Let me ask you a question, how old of a guy are you? Aint this your site? Why don't you get along with the guys on TCStangs site? That might explain a few things??
                            Wow, that goes back to 2003, we do not have enough time or bandwidth to saw how we feel about that site. I will admit that the new owner is pretty cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
                              What part don't you understand??I do believe Dodges claim that on a well prepped track you can do a low 11. And on a set of drag radials you can do a high 10 on a well prepped track.

Do I believe GM claims? Do I believe that the vette is fast, sure I do. I'm not a fucking idiot. Do I believe that a vette with a ZO7 package will do a 10.97? Show me a video, I'll believe it, but you can't because it doesn't exist right now.

Why do I have to believe your bullshit when you don't have to believe mine, and thats where this thread started. You started it for fuck sake!

I have been on car forums for a lot of years. Been a moderator on 3 of them. with 10,000- 25,000 members. I know your type. You like to stir the pot.

Listen, it comes down to this, I'm gonna believe my bullshit, and you believe yours. Of the 105 members on this site, 100 of them are GM guys, 3 of them are Ford guys and 2 of them are Mopar guys, why can't you let me have my moment?

Talk to MR.hp, I'm a decent guy, and he tells me the same about you. Let me have my Mopar 15 minuets of fame. Thats all that it will last anyways, until Chevy or Ford comes out with something better. I like this site, it's good for the Twin Cities, you should be more open minded.
                              I started the thread because I didn't believe the hype. As a drag racer, the claims simply don't match the weight of the car and the rwhp. If I see a claim that I disagree with, I'm gonna post it. That's the luxury of having a site. You are upset that I don't agree with the hype, too bad. You claim you have a friend with the car of which the thread was started and I challenged you to back up your and Dodge's claim. If you are upset that I posted my opinion or that I challenged you, simply tell your friend to bring his Hellcat. You have an opinion and so do I. I'm willing to back up my opinion by proving that the Hellcat isn't as advertised. Not real complicated. Being glad you're on the site has nothing to do with being in a disagreement with you bud. Just bring the Hellcat to RF and prove me wrong.

Comment

• I'm really not upset at all!

But let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The guys Hellcat that we are working on is not my friend, just a client. I never called him my friend, you did. He said he was thinking about throwing on a set of drag radials and bringing it to the Rock. I hope he does, I'm as interested as you are. He told me he has some buddy's that go there and race once in a while, and maybe he'll do the same.

As far as the rest of this goes, you can believe what you want, and thats fine with me. I going to believe what I want, and I hope thats ok with you?

But we both know that the track prep at the Rock is not up to standard some times, especially at a musclecar race. And thats when his budd's go. So I don't for see any lightning runs being made there.

To me, Dodge made the ultimate musclecar, in my eye's nothing even comes close. Just my opinion, not yours as I can plainly see.

This thread certainly has been blown out of proportion. For the record, I do believe Dodges claims..............................., because I want to.

I'm going to be the bigger man and cease and desist form this thread, or at least until there's more Mopar guys on the forum.LOL

I hope we see some Hellcats out at the strips this summer, maybe some of them will even blow the doors off some of your beloved GM products. I can only hope!

All the arguing is not really what I'm about. I guess I just got caught up in the moment. I guess were all on the same team anyways. We all love to go to the dragstrip and RACE!!
                                Let the hating begin!

Comment

Working...
                                X