No announcement yet.

More Hellcat info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having the most powerful American production car doesn't do you any good if you can't hook it up.

Challenger Hellcat gets stomped by a Tesla because the driver liquefied the tires:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...&v=kG6veF_34QE

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      With nitrous too, right?
      Whatever helps you sleep better at night.................
      ------------------------------------
      Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
        Having the most powerful American production car doesn't do you any good if you can't hook it up.

Challenger Hellcat gets stomped by a Tesla because the driver liquefied the tires:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...&v=kG6veF_34QE

Joel
        Your point is?

Did u guys find that time lip yet?
        Let the hating begin!

Comment

Hmmm...I'm looking at this guy try to get a good 60ft--over and over and over.

I can't wait to line up against your friend's all mighty hellcat. The film might be titled "bitchslap productions"

10 Seconds. mmmkay...sure. It'll be lucky to run hi 11s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE-m...l=85114404#t=4

Comment

again

http://youtu.be/sXmMamdWKr0
            Attached Files
            Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
              Your point is?

Did u guys find that time lip yet?
              My point is simply that the clip you posted of the 'Cat beating the 2015 'Vette was no different. Obviously, the driver of the 'Vette screwed up. Just like the guy driving the 'Cat did in the clip I posted.

Joel
              There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Agreed
                Let the hating begin!

Comment

I'm just quoting

According to a anonymous Chrysler source who gave the dish to Jalopnik, the Hellcat has been dyno'd all the way up to an insane 825 HP. Eye bulging horsepower numbers indeed, but they are still having trouble meeting emissions requirements at the advertised 707 HP. The source said there were "extreme issues" meeting the emission requirements, so this will be very interesting to see how the Dodge boys solve this problem before the first Hellcats are delivered.

Hopefully this will not delay the launch (pun intended) and customers will receive the SRT Hellcat's at the expected delivery date, but this is definitely something we'll keep our eye on.

One last order of business now that we are on the subject of horsepower. That same anonymous source said that the "707 HP number is not only conservative, but he's not really sure where it came from in the first place." It's probably just the nice looking symmetrical '707' that the marketing team jumped on, but fans will be pleased to know that other dyno tests peg the ponies at 720. Yeah, nobody is disappointed now are they.

end quote
                  Let the hating begin!

Comment

Hmmm...I'm looking at this guy try to get a good 60ft--over and over and over.

I can't wait to line up against your friend's all mighty hellcat. The film might be titled "bitchslap productions"

10 Seconds. mmmkay...sure. It'll be lucky to run hi 11s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE-m...l=85114404#t=4
                    Yup. Every report I've read about the 'Cat says that it takes an extraordinary amount of skill to get good numbers at the track because it will instantly melt the factory tires if you nail it at 40 MPH, and they tend to go up in smoke again during the 1-2 shift at 80 MPH. In contrast, they say that any decent driver can get the new 'Vette w/ZO7 package to hook without even using launch-control.

Here's another clip of people running a bunch of 1/4-miles with various 'Cats. Getting it to hook at the track is definitely a major challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzRtVihC9ko

Gotta admit that it looks great & sounds absolutely friggin' awesome, though!!

Joel

Comment

Here are some dash pictures from a guy with a Hellcat with no mod's except drag radials on a country road in the middle of nowhere, with no prep to the road whatsoever.
                      Attached Files
                      Let the hating begin!

Comment

Gotta admit that it looks great & sounds absolutely friggin' awesome, though!!

Joel
                        Thank you for that! I'm not saying it's the best thing since sliced bread. I'm just saying Chevy guys have to admit that this car is one of the ultimate modern muscle cars of all time.

For GM guys to give this car it's props, and not to find all the negative about it just because some GM guys are haters like the original poster.

I can argue with this all day long, find video's to beat yours, and vice versa. But the fact of the matter is that the Hellcat is a force to be reckoned with!
                        Let the hating begin!

Comment

Impressive for sure, but it's still slower than the new 'Vette w/Z07 option on factory rubber & pump-gas. Don't get me wrong. I think the 'Cat is an amazing feat of engineering. A factory 5-passenger street car that generates damn near as much HP as a short-track NASCAR Cup car - but idles smoothy, doesn't have to turn 10 grand to make its numbers, doesn't overheat in rush-hour, runs on pump-gas, has all of the creature-comforts one could ask for, can be coaxed to run low 11s on factory rubber by an excellent driver, can be used as a grocery-getter - and costs less than 70k? That's damned impressive by any measure! The only thing I've argued is your claim that it's quicker on factory rubber & pump-gas than the new 'Vette w/Z07 package.

Joel

Comment

Impressive for sure, but it's still slower than the new 'Vette w/Z07 option on factory rubber & pump-gas. Don't get me wrong. I think the 'Cat is an amazing feat of engineering. A factory 5-passenger street car that generates damn near as much HP as a short-track NASCAR Cup car - but idles smoothy, doesn't have to turn 10 grand to make its numbers, doesn't overheat in rush-hour, runs on pump-gas, has all of the creature-comforts one could ask for, can be coaxed to run low 11s on factory rubber by an excellent driver, can be used as a grocery-getter - and costs less than 70k? That's damned impressive by any measure! The only thing I've argued is your claim that it's quicker on factory rubber & pump-gas than the new 'Vette w/Z07 package.

Joel
                            Cost is $61k for the Hellcat

The new vette with ZO7 packakage faster than the Hellcat is yet to be determined. But if it is, I will gracefully attest to that. I'm just glad that Mopar is in the mix!
                            Let the hating begin!

Comment

If I disagree with common logic about the hellcat not running 10s as ADVERTISED, I'm a hater? The car IS NOT A 10 SECOND CAR IN SHOWROOM STOCK FORM...PERIOD. If you still say it is, you're either living in a fantasy world or an idiot. So, why don't you admit it's not as advertised and my point will be proven?

Comment

If I disagree with common logic about the hellcat not running 10s as ADVERTISED, I'm a hater? The car IS NOT A 10 SECOND CAR IN SHOWROOM STOCK FORM...PERIOD. If you still say it is, you're either living in a fantasy world or an idiot. So, why don't you admit it's not as advertised and my point will be proven?
                                +1! The factory doesn't even claim that it runs 10s out-of-the-box on pump-gas. They claim it does 11.2s on factory rubber & 10.8s on drag radials. From the Challenger SRT Hellcat webpage:

*NHRA certified 10.8 @126 mph with street legal drag radial tires. *NHRA certified 11.2 @125 mph with production tires.

And so far, it appears that running low-11s in showroom-stock form on pump-gas requires an extremely good driver & a sticky racing surface.

Interestingly, I noticed that they have dropped the advertized torque from 650 to 645 pounds since the last time I looked at the website. Could this be due to the emissions difficulty that Alleyoop mentioned?

Joel
                                Last edited by Fast One; 02-01-2015, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X