No announcement yet.

More Hellcat info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter is boring. At least we're trying to keep things cranked up a little in here.

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
      Found plenty of them.............................................. ............... doing 12's!

Found a video of a Hellcat with drag radials doing 10.4, but I guess thats not proof either? So until I see a ZO7 beat a Hellcat at rock falls with my own two eye's, it didn't happen................

Sound familiar......................................

:sad smile:

So, you're saying that all of the hype about the 'Cat is real, but you don't believe that a car that weighs a half-ton less, develops the same torque at lower RPM, has only 57 less HP, and has considerably wider rear tires is faster? And you believe that Mopar's claims are real, but Chevy's claims are not?? Sounds like you have a serious emotional bias issue that prevents you from looking at things from a logical perspective.
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
          So, you're saying that all of the hype about the 'Cat is real, but you don't believe that a car that weighs a half-ton less, develops the same torque at lower RPM, has only 57 less HP, and has considerably wider rear tires is faster? And you believe that Mopar's claims are real, but Chevy's claims are not?? Sounds like you have a serious emotional bias issue that prevents you from looking at things from a logical perspective.
          Joel, sometimes there's no logic in the car world. Oh well, when that 10 second Hellcat (with only drag radials and race gas--whatever it needs race gas for) or 11.40s on street tires makes its way to RF, either he'll look stupid or I will.

Comment

It's like the old saying goes, "racing a chevy is like the Special Olympics, even if you win, your still retarded"

You chevy guys just can't admit when your beaten.

Hey, whatever helps you guys sleep at night................ :rotfl:
            ------------------------------------
            Let the hating begin!

Comment

By using that illogic, comparing the success of Chev engineers on their powertrains compared to MOPAR engineers' success, there's no question about which is retarded. Also, wonder how many have transplanted 904 or 727 transmissions into their race cars vs GM's powerglide or turbo 400?

Comment

Wow, I am missing out on all the fun here. Where is the popcorn.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                  By using that illogic, comparing the success of Chev engineers on their powertrains compared to MOPAR engineers' success, there's no question about which is retarded. Also, wonder how many have transplanted 904 or 727 transmissions into their race cars vs GM's powerglide or turbo 400?
                  You must be joking.................? right?! You can't be comparing a Chevy to a Mopar? There is no comparison, ROTFLMAO! Let me get this straight, your comparing any chevy motor to a 4 2 6 HEMI?! C'mon dude, you can't be for real?! :lol: I know your a chevy guy , but you can't be that delusional? I'll put my 727 against your turbo 400 any day.

We have been over this already, there are way more people out there using chevy drivetrains, I'll give you that. But it's not because of strength, power, durability, or success. It's because you can go into your local hardware store and buy chevy parts. It's easy, cheap, and everywhere. You want to run a chevy, by all means, go ahead. You want to be a follower, run a chevy. You want to be a leader, run a Mopar!
                  Attached Files
                  Let the hating begin!

Comment

We have already seen the big, bad 2015 Corvette Z06 lose from a stop and from a roll against a Dodge Viper TA, and today, we have a video pitting the supercharged’ Vette against the most powerful American muscle car of all time – the 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat.

The 2015 Challenger Hellcat has a pretty substantial advantage in power, packing 707 horsepower to the Corvette’s 650, and while torque levels are the same, the Corvette is a great deal lighter. To be exact, the C7 Corvette Z06 is roughly a thousand pounds lighter than the Hellcat Challenger while also being more aerodynamic than the big, brawny Mopar muscle car.

When you look at the improved aerodynamics, the comparable torque and the substantially lower curb weight of the 2015 Corvette Z06, many people believed that the most track capable Corvette ever would still hand a beating to the Hellcat Challenger, even with the big advantage in horsepower. Some went so far as to speculate that the Challenger would win in a quarter mile race with everything else equal, but it was expected that on a longer run, the weight and aero properties of the Corvette would be the winning difference.

All of those people appear to be wrong, as the first high speed race video featuring the 2015 Corvette Z06 and the 2015 Challenger Hellcat show the Mopar muscle car handing the Chevy supercar a severe beating in two separate runs. We get to see the Hellcat eating up the Corvette from two different angles and while the on-car view shows how quickly the two high performance American coupes blast away from the slow-moving traffic, they both display the same sad fate for the Corvette…beaten badly at the hands of a “lowly muscle car”.

It appears as though the most track capable Corvette of all time might be a beast on the road course, but it struggles to keep up with the mighty Hellcat Challenger on the open road.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://youtu.be/7qLYvNjoLR0
                    Let the hating begin!

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>http://youtu.be/sXmMamdWKr0

Late last week, Allpar broke the news about Burns CDJR and Edinburg Raceway (Texas) joining forces to attempt to knock down some records with Hellcat Challengers right out of the gate. While we had the technical information, we did not have permission to publish the included photos and videos at that time.

We do now.

I was also able to talk to Rey Chavez, the track manager at Edinburg Raceway, and get more detailed information about the who, why, and what. This is a completely combined effort of Burns and Edinburgh, and while Edinburg is an associate sponsor of the Raceway, they have no other affiliation. In fact, Chavez was adamant about that, and the details on the mods done to the black Hellcat, which in the world of the internet has blown up into having a 100 shot of nitrous, a tune, and many other things that either aren’t available for the Hellcats yet, or are even more unlikely.

To recap: The black Hellcat is “modded” only with Mickey Thompson ET Street tires, 109 unleaded race fuel, and a well prepped race surface. No tune, no nitrous, no tricks. In fact, some of the factory parts are undergoing serious durability testing in the process!

The white Hellcat is stock down to the premium fuel and the stock Pirellis on the rims. No changes have been done to this vehicle at all.
                      Attached Files
                      Let the hating begin!

Comment

Then your friend's Hellcat will have no problem beating my lowly non supercharged LS1. Should be an easy race. I can't wait to see him trap 133 against me @ RF. As far as the hellcat beating a Z06? The car can't drive itself down the track. If you lined the Hellcat up against a Z06 with a grandma driving, probably a believable outcome.

Comment

Here is one for you Mr. Mopar, some Hellcat street racing. Looks like the Hellcat kinda got some issues with a V6 Camaro on spray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t...yt-cl=85114404

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
                            ........It appears as though the most track capable Corvette of all time might be a beast on the road course, but it struggles to keep up with the mighty Hellcat Challenger on the open road.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://youtu.be/7qLYvNjoLR0
                            Only if you believe that YouTube videos prove everything - which, of course, rational people know is pure bullshit. As I said before - if both cars are being driven by drivers who know how to extract max performance from them, and both cars are on factory rubber, running on pump-gas, there is no way that the porked-out Mopar would beat a 1015 'Vette w/Z07 package with only a measly 57 HP advantage to offset its half-ton of pork & needing to rev 400 RPM higher to make the same torque. Horsepower sells cars. Torque wins drag races.

Joel
                            There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Guy's just let me know when the interweb comes up with a faster time slip from a 2015 Corvette with only drag radials and 109 octane for mods.
                              Attached Files
                              Let the hating begin!

Comment

With nitrous too, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X