No announcement yet.

More Hellcat info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Z28SSMAN;44746]No problem Alleyoop2. We're big boys here and can take a few jabs without whining.

It's all in good fun.

I would be happy to line up against a stock one with drag radials at Rock Falls . If it runs 10s, I'll be the first to post on here and admit it.

You might get to see it. The guy that owns the one that were working on is planning to do just that. So we will see, if I have to eat crow or if you do....................................

All the comments below the video in my opinion are useless drivel

In all seriousness, I like all different makes and model cars, from 67 Novas and Chevelles to 63 Ford Galaxies, Mercury Comets, 70 Ford Torino's. But my heart belongs to Mopar. They made the biggest impression on me when I was a kid.

I just don't like guys that are so "pro whatever brand" and can't see beauty and craftmanship in all cars.

It's all good Z28SSMAN, I was just hacking on ya! Hope to see you at the track this summer!

:dragster::treed:
    ------------------------------------
    Let the hating begin!

Comment

Oh...I see how this works..."one that you're working on" most likely wont be one that Dodge claims runs to run 10s with the only upgrade as drag radials. I'll line up against anybody. I'm sure Bob would too.

As far as brand loyal? Of course I'm a GM guy. That's what I grew up with. Back in those days, we were smart enough to run Chevs because they were the least expensive of any make to get the most bang for the buck. There were very few Mopars that would hold a candle to the Chevs. Hemi? They weren't as fast as a 440 on the street. You can say what you want about Chevs but let's face it, they have been the most dominating powertrain of any manufacturer. And that continues today. You don't see any body putting 4.6 or 5.4 s/c Fords or Mopar engines into a GM or into a street rod, but you see the GM engines transplanted into other makes. Chevs make more power for the dollar than any other. They're compact, lightweight and not complicated.

Go to the dragstrip and you'll find winning Chev powertrains in the majority out there.

I don't just like GM. I grew up in the 60s and appreciated all the muscle cars. I saw 413 Coronets, 440-6pack Super Bees, R/Ts, GTXs. You could buy a brand new Road Runner for $2800 in '69. But GM was still my favorite. One friend had a '69 orange with black vinyl top 383 Roadrunner with 727 torqueflight and another had a green with tan interior '69 Roadrunner 4-speed with air grabber hood option. Another had a '67 GTX. Another friend Vernon Neal has had some very nice Mopars. A number of my old friends raced and still have Mopars. John Scholla, John Schei, Berry Mack and I go back into the 70s. Paul Pittman was a Mopar foe back in the '70s.

I can see why you like Mopars--your dad was a very respected Mopar racer and his cars were meticulous and ran strong and competitive. He represented the brand very well. I certainly can't picture you having a GM for a race car. You like Mopars--I like GM. If everybody liked the same brand, it would be boring.

G

Comment

Nothing is being done to the engine to the Hellcat at all, it will be bone stock. I've been doing paint/body work for about 26 years. The shop I work in is a bodyshop.

No true "Mopar" guy would put a chevy engine into a Mopar, that would be a disgrace for sure.

GM's are the most powertrains out there, I agree. They are the cheapest to run, I agree.
        It's just not for me!

And by the way, my Dad started out as a GM guy, he had a 66 Chevelle 396 4spd car that he bought brand new. and he had a 52 Chev when he died. But raced Mopars for the majority of his life.

I guess, I just don't like narrow minded people. That only "GM" is good, that kinda stuff, people can cram that kinda shit straight up their ass! I don't have any time for people like that.

I race a Mopar(always will), have a Mopar(always will) for a street car, would love to own a Hellcat, but can't afford it.
        My wife drives a Dodge Nitro, I drive a Ford F-150, I'm not narrow minded.

I just don't understand how you can't(or don't want to) comprehend that the Hellcat is the fastest factory production car ever made?
        Let the hating begin!

Comment

Until I personally see a production Hellcat run the numbers Dodge claims, no--I won't admit they're the fastest production car ever.

I never said "only GM is good" I said the GM powertrains are the most used, transplanted and successful of any powertrain. There's nothing narrow minded about that. Those are the facts. I will agree with you that I can't recall any Mopar guy using a GM powertrain.

I would still buy one of these heavy pigs before I bought one of those newer ugly ass Camaro's!
          Hey bud, you drive a Demon and you call a Camaro ugly? Isn't this A body similar to yours?

https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...ndy%27s+duster

Like I said before, you like Mopars and I like GM. I guess that may be biased on both of our parts, but not narrow minded. Enjoy your car and I hope you have a safe and successful racing season.

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
            .......I just don't understand how you can't(or don't want to) comprehend that the Hellcat is the fastest factory production car ever made?
            It's certainly fast, but it's not the world's quickest or fastest factory production car ever made.

Joel
            There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Let me please clarify, the fastest domestic factory production car ever made.
              Let the hating begin!

Comment

Don't get me wrong - I think the Challenger is gorgeous, and the 'Cat version is certainly extremely impressive - despite being nearly a half-ton overweight, at a whopping 4488 pounds. But it is not the quickest domestic production car ever made - nor does the factory claim that it is. They say it's the quickest factory production muscle-car ever made, which is not the same thing. The 2015 'Vette w/Z07 package is both quicker and faster than the 'Cat.

According to GM, the Vette w/Z07 package does 0-60 in 2.95 sec & does 10.95 in the quarter on factory street tires (not drag radials) & pump gas. Top end is reportedly well over 200 MPH. On factory rubber & pump-gas, the new 'Vette Z07 will smoke the 'Cat on factory rubber & pump gas in the straights and in the corners. And thanks to the 'Vette's cylinder deactivation, it will deliver nearly 30 MPG on the highway if you hit the cruise-control & keep your foot out of the blower. Put some sticky drag radials on both cars, fill 'em up with 100 octane unleaded, and the 'Vette will still smoke the 'Cat - assuming, of course, that both cars are driven by competent drivers who are able to extract the full performance from each car. The 'Cat's 57 HP advantage over the 'Vette does not make up for its extra 900+ pounds & the fact that the 'Vette makes the same torque at 400 fewer RPM.

Joel
                Last edited by Fast One; 01-27-2015, 12:15 AM.
                There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Joel's post is filled with facts. No bias there. The more Alleyoop2 tries to defend the Hellcat, the more he appears guilty of the very thing he accuses me of--being narrow minded. Alleyoop2 is a true MOPAR guy and I think that's a good thing. Even Al Bundy could see that. I think we all know that Joel is a passionate Buick guy. Joel has a wealth of knowledge about all makes. Both liven up TCO and we're glad to have both in here. Variety is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                    Don't get me wrong - I think the Challenger is gorgeous, and the 'Cat version is certainly extremely impressive - despite being nearly a half-ton overweight, at a whopping 4488 pounds. But it is not the quickest domestic production car ever made - nor does the factory claim that it is. They say it's the quickest factory production muscle-car ever made, which is not the same thing. The 2015 'Vette w/Z07 package is both quicker and faster than the 'Cat.

According to GM, the Vette w/Z07 package does 0-60 in 2.95 sec & does 10.95 in the quarter on factory street tires (not drag radials) & pump gas. Top end is reportedly well over 200 MPH. On factory rubber & pump-gas, the new 'Vette Z07 will smoke the 'Cat on factory rubber & pump gas in the straights and in the corners. And thanks to the 'Vette's cylinder deactivation, it will deliver nearly 30 MPG on the highway if you hit the cruise-control & keep your foot out of the blower. Put some sticky drag radials on both cars, fill 'em up with 100 octane unleaded, and the 'Vette will still smoke the 'Cat - assuming, of course, that both cars are driven by competent drivers who are able to extract the full performance from each car. The 'Cat's 57 HP advantage over the 'Vette does not make up for its extra 900+ pounds & the fact that the 'Vette makes the same torque at 400 fewer RPM.

Joel

I would have to see it with my own two eye's to believe it.
                    Let the hating begin!

Comment

Plenty of videos on the net to back up the vettes performance, 707 horsepower does no good if you have an overweight package to put it in.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen View Post
                        Plenty of videos on the net to back up the vettes performance, 707 horsepower does no good if you have an overweight package to put it in.
                        Found plenty of them.............................................. ............... doing 12's!

Found a video of a Hellcat with drag radials doing 10.4, but I guess thats not proof either? So until I see a ZO7 beat a Hellcat at rock falls with my own two eye's, it didn't happen................

Sound familiar......................................

:sad smile:
                        Last edited by Alleyoop2; 01-27-2015, 08:54 PM.
                        Let the hating begin!

Comment

From what I have seen in my lifetime most cars from the factory never run what they claim unless it's a ringer.

Comment

That's pretty funny Alleyoop2. So, when your friend brings his Hellcat to RF, make sure you post it here so I can make sure to bring my LS1

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                              From what I have seen in my lifetime most cars from the factory never run what they claim unless it's a ringer.
                              Yeah, that is true MR.hp
                              Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                                That's pretty funny Alleyoop2. So, when your friend brings his Hellcat to RF, make sure you post it here so I can make sure to bring my LS1
                                Will do, buddy!:dragster:
                                Let the hating begin!

Comment

Working...
                                X