More Hellcat info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
    5 cent snacks are not a very good way to beat a hellcat or a Z/28:harrel smile:
    LOL! Nor are they very filling for those who eat them! Scarf-down a few of those 5-cent Blue Ovals & your car will be hungry again in an hour or so. :rotfl:

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Here's another fine time for Alleyoop2's "10 sec" Hellcat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-t..._embedded#t=36

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post

His dad's old Challenger would put the hurt on a new Hellcat.

Comment

Yeah, but according to Dodge, the new hellcat runs 10s

Comment

Yeah, but according to Dodge, the new hellcat runs 10s
            And the stock 03 cobra's ran low 12's bone "stock" too.:rotfl:

Comment

You like stirring the pot don't ya?

It's guys like you that give GM a bad name

I suppose I could search youtube for the direct opposite. Mopars blowing the fucking doors off of GM products, but I really don't have the time. I posted one video from the Mopar Nats in Colorado of a new Challenger doing a 12.4 I think? that's 11.4 around here. So Chrysler claiming the Hellcat does 11's in the 1/4 is pretty accurate. 10's on drag radials is yet to be seen.

In the shop where I work we are currently working on a Hellcat as we speak. I think it's a way cool car. If I could afford one, I'd buy one.

Maybe you should change the name of this website to
              "Twin City Chevy Outlaws".

If I knew it was going to be like this,(guys like you) I never would have joined.
              ------------------------------------
              Let the hating begin!

Comment

Oh c'mon, don't get butthurt about a little jabbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
                  You like stirring the pot don't ya?

It's guys like you that give GM a bad name

I suppose I could search youtube for the direct opposite. Mopars blowing the fucking doors off of GM products, but I really don't have the time. I posted one video from the Mopar Nats in Colorado of a new Challenger doing a 12.4 I think? that's 11.4 around here. So Chrysler claiming the Hellcat does 11's in the 1/4 is pretty accurate. 10's on drag radials is yet to be seen.

In the shop where I work we are currently working on a Hellcat as we speak. I think it's a way cool car. If I could afford one, I'd buy one.

Maybe you should change the name of this website to
                  "Twin City Chevy Outlaws".

If I knew it was going to be like this,(guys like you) I never would have joined.

Take it easy, it's all in good fun. I did own a Mopar back in the 80's and it was a fun car and one of the few that could pull 7K with ease. I will agree with you that the new Camaro is ugly and needs to go on a diet but there are some Mopars and Fords that are just plain bad looking too. When the 70 Camaro came out that was one ugly car that was not to fast except for the Big Block cars. Fast forward to the mid 2000's and Mopar remakes the Challanger, why? Because it looks great. All the big 3's pony cars are overweight but that's the result of safety. Glenn just likes to rib the other manufacturers that's all. Hell if we all like the same cars car sites would be boring.

Comment

people getting butthurt over another member picking on a different band of car? WTF! we had better shut down the site, LOL When I grew up rather than getting mad we settled it at the track. I hope someone here in town gets a Hellcat goes to Rock Falls bone stock (including tires) and we will see if it runs low 11's. Some one bring some of the other cars too. The best bang for the buck so far is the 5.0 GT, a few mods and low 11's. I have not seen too many Challengers lately at the track but a lot of 5th gen Camaro's. The V8 Camaro's are pigs our of the box with most of them running 13's. The little V6 cars can almost get into the high 13's, in my opinion is pretty good. I just cannot see how people get so upset on a car forum, hell most of the local sites are just about done anyway.

Comment

I dunno--I don't think the Camaro is 'ugly'. She's pretty heavy, but definitely not 'ugly'. The top is chopped a little lower than I'd prefer, but ugly? In my opinion, that's about the same logic as a guy with a Fox Body calling an older Camaro ugly.

When I see one coming down the road with hints of a sculpted '69, with the right color/stripes, the car is gorgeous. I don't recall people saying a '69 Camaro is 'ugly'. It's the most sought after year for collectors of any Camaro or any F-Body for that matter.

If you look at the sales numbers, the majority of people agree with me. That would be people who express their opinion with their wallets---not the ones making opinions on the internet.

Through November 2014--these are the FACTS>

Camaro 79,669
                      Mustang 73,124
                      Challenger 46,673

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/03/f...-camaro-sales/

(Mustang out sold the Camaro in Nov for the first time in quite a while with their new 2015 Fusion looking Mustang)

Comment

I'm not butthurt at all. I guess the haters are just gonna hate!

Here's some good vid's. Hey Z28SSBOY, you must cruise right by all the good vid's to get to the bad one's. I think I found these in about 4 minuets!

11.4 with wheelspin
                        http://youtu.be/syXAqvzWZhM

10.4 drag radials & race gas
                        http://youtu.be/sXmMamdWKr0

BOOM goes the dynamite! it's a good thing all you chevy guys aint crybabies!
                        Let the hating begin!

Comment

Thanks for posting vids Alleyoop2 rather than being a whiney little biotch. Nice try, but you miss my whole point. Dodge ADVERTISES the car as a 10 sec car from the FACTORY. Neither are apparently factory stock. Z28SSBOY? I dont recall me using any name calling towards you. All I can say is don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Comment

Oh Oh looks like a little yellow bullet going on here.

Comment

Thanks for posting vids Alleyoop2 rather than being a whiney little biotch. Nice try, but you miss my whole point. Dodge ADVERTISES the car as a 10 sec car from the FACTORY. Neither are apparently factory stock. Z28SSBOY? I dont recall me using any name calling towards you. All I can say is don't dish it out if you can't take it.
                              I think your missing the point. The factory claims the car will do a 11's bone stock, and it does! Did u miss a video I posted or are you just in denial?

11.4 with wheelspin
                              http://youtu.be/syXAqvzWZhM

The factory also claims you can get into the 10's with drag radials>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>10.4 drag radials & race gas
                              http://youtu.be/sXmMamdWKr0

Which one don't you understand??

I apologize for the name calling, that was uncalled for.

I also apologize for you not being able to understand that this is without a doubt the ultimate muscle car ever made from the factory! I'm sorry that GM didn't come through for you.

I understand that this is in all good fun, but you have to take it like a man. MOPAR came up with the ultimate muscle car! I know it's hard for you chebby guys to understand.
                              Attached Files
                              Let the hating begin!

Comment

No problem Alleyoop2. We're big boys here and can take a few jabs without whining.

It's all in good fun.

I would be happy to line up against a stock one with drag radials at Rock Falls . If it runs 10s, I'll be the first to post on here and admit it.

Why would you need race gas unless you've cranked the boost up or are spraying? Race gas generally slows a stock tuned car down because it burns slower. 109 race gas with 02 sensors?

Here are a few comments about it from a few loyal Mopar people...

Just like they left out that this Hellcat has nitrous on it and sprayed it the second day.
                                So you really think it picked up 5mph to the 1/8th and 7mph to the 1/4 by switching out tires?

I honestly believe that it ran what it did too! I just don't believe that it did it without nitrous, which has been confirmed that it did have!
                                The Challenger Hellcat weighs 4,439#s dry, + 165# driver and 35#s of fuel puts it at 4,639#s min. race weight for a stock car. That fucker aint running 133.58 in the 1/4 with 707 crank hp. It's as simple as that.

It would have to have north of 850 at the wheels.
                                I've seen the timeslip so this info means nothing other than the Hellcat was squeezing the NOS..
                                The stupidity involving mopar people in this thread makes me want to sell my mopar.
                                The 133mph trap speed for the cat on slicks suggests there's a little more going on than just fuel and slicks. Compared to the cat on stock tires running 11 flat, the faster time with just slicks and fuel changed could be plausible... but i wouldn't expect such a huge increase in trap speed. In any case... That's a badass time!
                                "Usually" when you add a better tire and get traction the MPH goes down with the ET.
                                So thats what nitrous does to a driveshaft,,,, hmmmm.... Tim Haines as you tune my car please dont spray and create a bigger problem for me...

MS 109 does not add HP unless you throw timing at the car which I don't think you can do that yet. So it means nothing unless the car is knocking with 93 and taking time out. then the 109 could stop the knock and keep the timing in it which would help it run a better number. Personally I don't see the car knocking with 93 in it.
                                I won't disagree with this or agree with it till I run my own car the same way. Looks to me like it probably had a small N2O shot less than 100
                                And finally....

Here it is the world record Hellcat pass at Edinburg Raceway. They claim NO NITROUS!! Because no sudden RPM increase or Pop! Looks to me like someone doesn't know how nitrous works. You don't have to hit it off the line. The nitrous was introduced once the car was in motion. Which explains the ridiculous mph increase. I'm sorry guys but this is total bull shit. Not only has the driver confirmed the car was sprayed but people in the shop have also confirmed the car was sprayed. Stop the bullshit!!! We have enough of that already with all the crooked politicians in the RGV.

Comment

Working...
                                X