• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But they run 10s!:rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      But they run 10s!:rotfl:
      I would buy a new Challenger running 15's before I bought a new Camaro running 9's!

Chevy really missed the mark when they came out with the newer junkwagons!
      Attached Files
      ------------------------------------
      Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
        I would buy a new Challenger running 15's before I bought a new Camaro running 9's!

Chevy really missed the mark when they came out with the newer junkwagons!
        I will agree with that, the new Camaro is not very good looking and it looks like the 2016 will be more of the same style, if that's the case I will keep my '94. 4th gen Camaros are so much better than the big whale 5th gens that are big heavy turds.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
          I will agree with that, the new Camaro is not very good looking and it looks like the 2016 will be more of the same style, if that's the case I will keep my '94. 4th gen Camaros are so much better than the big whale 5th gens that are big heavy turds.
          But the upcoming 6th gen will be based on GM's excellent Alpha platform, and will reportedly weigh around 3400-3500 pounds. That should make a big difference.

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

I dunno...we were just talking about the ZL1 at RF driven by an older guy that was running 11.50s. Sounded pretty docile.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
              But the upcoming 6th gen will be based on GM's excellent Alpha platform, and will reportedly weigh around 3400-3500 pounds. That should make a big difference.

Joel
              From the renderings I have seen it still will look pretty close to the 5th gen. and I am not a big fan of the looks on this one, neither was I when the 1970 camaro came out, I thought it was ugly as hell.

Comment

Yeah Bob but you ended up owning a 2nd gen. Not a '70 1/2 but still a 2nd gen. I think you are a closet 3rd gen guy. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                  Yeah Bob but you ended up owning a 2nd gen. Not a '70 1/2 but still a 2nd gen. I think you are a closet 3rd gen guy. lol.
                  I liked third gens ok but the wife thinks the 82 to92 Camaro is butt ugly or is it fugly? any way I never built one with a good engine due to the wimpy rear axle.
                  I know my 4th gen has the same rear axle but I would never put on of my BB Chevy engines in there. The engine in the bird would be nice in there though.

Comment

From the renderings I have seen it still will look pretty close to the 5th gen. and I am not a big fan of the looks on this one, neither was I when the 1970 camaro came out, I thought it was ugly as hell.
                    Yeah, I'm not fond of the 5th gen's looks either. But it lays down some impressive numbers in the corners & also on the strip. I think the 6th gen is going to put a serious scare into Porsche & others on the circuit tracks, and if it ends up being as light as some are saying, it ought to rip through the quarter, too. But the one I'm waiting for is the new GN. Buick's styling dept is light-years ahead of Chevy's. I'm betting it will be a looker as well as a screamer on the track. Especially the GNX.

Joel
                    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                      Yeah, I'm not fond of the 5th gen's looks either. But it lays down some impressive numbers in the corners & also on the strip. I think the 6th gen is going to put a serious scare into Porsche & others on the circuit tracks, and if it ends up being as light as some are saying, it ought to rip through the quarter, too. But the one I'm waiting for is the new GN. Buick's styling dept is light-years ahead of Chevy's. I'm betting it will be a looker as well as a screamer on the track. Especially the GNX.

Joel
                      Ya Joel, it's too bad GM has to make the GN, GNX and the Impala SS 4 door cars, if they were 2 door versions I might grab one.

Comment

I liked third gens ok but the wife thinks the 82 to92 Camaro is butt ugly or is it fugly? any way I never built one with a good engine due to the wimpy rear axle.
                        I know my 4th gen has the same rear axle but I would never put on of my BB Chevy engines in there. The engine in the bird would be nice in there though.
                        The fugly part might hurt 1 bad z's feelings.

Comment

Here's another article from Car & Driver documenting no 10 sec times. And their published times are usually quicker than NHRA drag strip times.

Like I said before--the numbers (hp vs race weight) don't match with the 10 sec claims Dodge made and advertised. There's gonna be some ticked off people who buy the car and think they're gonna go right out to the track and run 10s. Now I see they are claiming 11.2 on a tacky track surface??? At what track? What elevation, temp and density altitude? That's how moronic Dodge is. What happened to the 10s?

Rubber-Pellet Gun

Well, maybe. A powered front axle would help, but you’ll want more rubber out back, too. The Hellcat’s 275/40R-20s are all too easy to reduce to the rubber pellets now thickly coating the wheelwells of our test car. It takes feet as light as a ballerina’s to get the Hellcat to 60 mph in 3.6 seconds—0.1 behind the GT500and through the quarter-mile in 11.7 at 126 mph—0.1-second ahead and 1-mph faster than the GT500. Dodge quotes an 11.2-second quarter-mile on the tacky surface of an NHRA-certified drag strip, but the Pirellis feel so overstressed that hitting that low ET would also require dropping tire pressures to about 10 psi. (We always conduct our acceleration tests at the manufacturer’s recommended tire pressures.) At higher speeds, though, the Hellcat runs away from everything in its price range. It hits 150 mph in 17 seconds flat, 0.8-second ahead of the Viper and the same time as we recorded from the quickest C6 Corvette Z06 we ever tested. Indeed, it out-accelerates just about every front-engine, rear-drive car we’ve ever hooked our test gear to. Improving on this car’s acceleration would require moving the engine behind the driver—and preferably sending power to the front wheels, too.

Comment

Ya Joel, it's too bad GM has to make the GN, GNX and the Impala SS 4 door cars, if they were 2 door versions I might grab one.
                            Good news, Bob! It appears that the new GN & GNX will most likely be 2-door coupes, while the new Regal will be a 4-door. All three will be Alpha-based, with a cab-rearward design. Engine choices are reported to be a 250 HP 2.0L turbo 4-banger, 300+ HP n/a 3.6L V6, and the 400+ HP twin-turbo 3.6L V6: http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/buick...rand-national/

I've been waiting a long time for Buick to return to its 'go fast, with class' roots. Hope GM doesn't screw this one up.

Joel

Comment

Ford has a few snacks for all the GM and Dodge boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post
                                Ford has a few snacks for all the GM and Dodge boys.

5 cent snacks are not a very good way to beat a hellcat or a Z/28:harrel smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X