Not happy with Chevrolet Dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not happy with Chevrolet Dealer

So today since we had it off we went to the dealer to have them look at the wheels that are starting to corrode along the edges on all 4 wheels and after they looked at them the guy said they are not bad enough to fix. I was not happy so we will try another and then go to the zone, if they tell us no then we will never buy a Chevrolet again. It seem like many hve said that most GM dealers are not repairing cars and trucks when people come in with problems. So also today I told the wife to buy GMPP so that if anything happens I will shove it up the dealers ass. As far as I am concerned the will be no new Vette and I think my son is going to get an Import.

Too bad about your wheels.

If you won't buy another Chev, what are your options? Dodge? Ford? Toyota? lol

Dan would like it if you came over to the Ford side. Then you would have more serious issues than wheel cosmetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      Too bad about your wheels.

If you won't buy another Chev, what are your options? Dodge? Ford? Toyota? lol

Dan would like it if you came over to the Ford side. Then you would have more serious issues than wheel cosmetics.
      This is not the first time I have had bad dealings with GM, back in the 80's I had a new T/A that the shifter kept going bad and locked from 2nd to 3rd. The always said there was nothing wrong. The rear axle howled and was rebuilt 3 times, after that I got rid of it. The S-10 4 wheeler I had was a POS and I dumped that and I have not bought a new GM car or truck since nor will I ever again. I can see what a lot of the guys on Yellow Bullet have been saing is true about GM not caring about customers. Most of the good service guys are gone and the service managers are just upper managment stooges. Maybe I will get an import and while maybe not a vette will stil be fun to drive. Just look at what Suburban Chev did to my brothers vette, cracking the fiber glass on his new car and the dealer tried to hush hush the whole thing, glad he cought it as it was some punk kid and my brother was right there as he used 2X4's instead of the rubber pucks that they are suppost to use.

Comment

Yeah, I hear ya.

GM isn't the only company that has issues. There's no such car company.

My mother in law had a '75 Honda CVCC. The biggest hunk of junk I've ever seen. Just a horrible car. People who bought those cars are still loyal to Honda. What happened back then doesn't appear to affect sales today one bit.

When Toyota's warranty ends--that's it. No good wills there. You are SOL. Doesn't seem to affect their sales either. People go right back and do business with em. How many old Toyotas do you see on the road? They had flaws just like all the other cars.

Unfortunately as long as there are humans working on the cars, there's always a chance of a screw up. Hell, we work on our own cars and we screw up. You and I are not immune to that and we've wrenched on cars since we were kids. That's why I don't let anyone touch my Camaro. Seems to have worked pretty well for me over the past 14 years.

I like it that the pot needs stirring in here. It's been pretty dead.

Comment

How would you like to be in this guy's shoes with his warranty?

http://www.seedebtrun.com/2012/10/am...-hyundai.html/

or Toyotas never have issues and their customers are always satisfied. mmmkay...sure...

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...yota-rav4.html

Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. discriminating against Toyota owner due to vehicle safety issues; NOT offering compensation/replacement for families 2011 Highlander that is proven unreliable and unsafe with a number of service records for engine malfunction issues.
          "After 10 years as a loyal, proud repeat buyer of Toyota model cars, it appears the quality of your vehicles has gone down significantly, or my 9 months of research, test driving every comparable SUV possible and competitive pricing lead us to make the wrong vehicle purchase and we got a lemon. The vehicle purchased (2011 Toyota Highlander) has defects or problems that cause it to repeatedly malfunction, and interferes with our ability to operate the vehicle safely. I am seeking remediation relief under s. 218.0171, Wisconsin Statutes lemon law; as defect was reported twice within the first 3 weeks after delivery date and continues to reoccur. I communicated my grave concerns over this condition repeatedly to three dealerships that failed to properly repair and escalate the problems, or take action after a series of repeated malfunctions."
          Bottom Line:Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. will do anything to sell you a new vehicle; but, when you notify them of a major safety issue with your vehicle that is not getting fixed or resolved, they want you to die and go away. They are NOT dedicated to customer satisfaction, safety or reliability. Dealers continually claim that they can't find anything wrong with vehicle to get through the warranty period. Then, they will try and rip you off with a smile on their face!
          Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. has no concern that its authorized dealers discriminate against me for my concerns and get in your face with anger when they don't like what you are telling them. They trample you down like a rag doll when you send a letter (including service records) to corporate indicating vehicle safety concerns and demand replacement/buy back under Lemon Law. Arbitration process is a feel good opportunity for the manufacture thinking they are taking your issue seriously and providing a fair review on the consumers behalf. From my experience, they pay these people to protect the company and not the consumer. This is just a way for the manufacture to get you to ‘Shut Up’!
          Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. has put fear in our young kids; when we take this vehicle they ask if we’re going to get in an accident. What am I supposed to tell them? There is no answer to this question. They are neglecting the safety of our family and others. Should an accident happen due to engine malfunction, Toyota's fault will be evident.

Comment

Here's another morsel for your reading pleasure...

Our 2006 Toyota Highlander suddenly overheated after driving only half mile at a speed of 35 mph. We had our vehicle towed to Crown Toyota to have it diagnosed. They kept the vehicle for 15 days. They tore down the engine and told us we would have to replace the engine due to a warped block leaking water pump and leaking head gasket. Our car had 68970 miles and was no longer under warranty. They wanted $5400 to replace it with a used engine. We paid $654 just for the diagnosis and our car was returned without them reassembling the engine.
            We had the car towed to a private mechanic and we were informed the block was not warped just the threads on the bolts of the engine were defective. They did not have to disassemble our engine the way they did and if we wanted them to reassemble it, we would have to pay more money. I have found numerous complaints about the same thing happening to the 2003 Highlander. I am very upset with Toyota for not accepting fault on a manufacturer defect and with Crown Toyota for misdiagnosing the problem and the fact we have to pay to reassemble the engine they did not even have to tear down. I have filed a complaint with the NTSB and hope they look into this and Toyota recalls the vehicle and pays for the repairs.

Comment

How about a Honda "Kwality" story?

I can state from experience that you should not assume that because it is a Honda it will be reliable. My 2001 Odyssey transmission failed at around 70,000 miles and had to be replaced and the replacement transmission just failed on me at 130,000 miles. My 2003 Accord also has had its share of problems: I had to resurface the rotors and replace the rear pads at only around 15,000 miles (I have many cars over 30 years and I have never had replace the pads so early), the headliner came loose and had to be completely replaced a few years ago, as well as the sun visor, and I had to spend $2,000 to fix the air conditioner last year, the traction control warning light keeps coming on, and the steering is starting to make a groaning sound, and I’m worried that the automatic transmission may fail so as the 2003 accord transmissions have a reputation for premature failure. As I no longer consider Honda’s reliable I think my next car will be a Sonata or Optima as both are better looking and offer more features than the Accord and I get a superior warranty (if Honda had any confidence in the reliability of its products it would offer a longer warranty).

Comment

How about a Honda "Kwality" story?

I can state from experience that you should not assume that because it is a Honda it will be reliable. My 2001 Odyssey transmission failed at around 70,000 miles and had to be replaced and the replacement transmission just failed on me at 130,000 miles. My 2003 Accord also has had its share of problems: I had to resurface the rotors and replace the rear pads at only around 15,000 miles (I have many cars over 30 years and I have never had replace the pads so early), the headliner came loose and had to be completely replaced a few years ago, as well as the sun visor, and I had to spend $2,000 to fix the air conditioner last year, the traction control warning light keeps coming on, and the steering is starting to make a groaning sound, and I’m worried that the automatic transmission may fail so as the 2003 accord transmissions have a reputation for premature failure. As I no longer consider Honda’s reliable I think my next car will be a Sonata or Optima as both are better looking and offer more features than the Accord and I get a superior warranty (if Honda had any confidence in the reliability of its products it would offer a longer warranty).

Wifey used to have a honduh and the dealers were terrible. That car was big POS, will not buy another beer can rust bucket honduh again either.

Comment

You should just sell me that red truck. That way you don't have to deal with warranty issues. I'd love to have that truck. If only I had extra $$$ layin around....

Comment

You should just sell me that red truck. That way you don't have to deal with warranty issues. I'd love to have that truck. If only I had extra $$$ layin around....

With all of that money you saved beating up on slobras and not having to buy new shortblocks every week you must have like 5Mill sitting around.:rotfl:

Comment

As already hinted, this is an industry problem to recruit, hire and retain good quality people. When the pay and ever dwindling benefits are crap, these places will attract mainly crap talent. And for the few really good people they get, they eventually move on to greener pastures.

As for Chevy, Its been well over 20 years since they made a car I got excited about. I could say the same about most other makes out there. I like the old stuff for dd use as well as well as my "fun" vehicle. Therefore I get to bypass even having to deal with dealership service departments.

As long as you bring up dealerships, etc, it amazes me how many people carry a large monthly payment for the vehicles they drive. I met a guy who works for a credit union and he says $500/ month vehicle payments are not uncommon The largest monthly vehicle payment he knew of was $1200/ month.

Comment

Working...
                      X