Race Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Gas

Can't find any melonfarming race gas. What's this world coming to?

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
    Can't find any melonfarming race gas. What's this world coming to?
    What kind is that?

Comment

Melon farming = MF

Comment

Lake Elmo, North St. Paul, racetrack, them are the only places I know of
        ------------------------------------
        Let the hating begin!

Comment

There's too many melonfarming snakes on this melonfarming plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
            Lake Elmo, North St. Paul, racetrack, them are the only places I know of
            Where is the N St Paul spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
              Where is the N St Paul spot?
              Little gas station right on the corner of Century Ave. & 7th St. :dragster:
              ------------------------------------
              Let the hating begin!

Comment

Plymouth VIP Car Wash on the corner of 169 & Rockford Road (Co 9) still sells 102 octane unleaded.

Joel
                There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                  Plymouth VIP Car Wash on the corner of 169 & Rockford Road (Co 9) still sells 102 octane unleaded.

Joel
                  I stopped going there, they are big buck. I have been going Bobby and Steves on Central lately and the prices are much better. Doc was saying that off Co. Rd. 81 there is a little pump spot that Kish oil owns that sells race gas for cost.

Comment

Unfortunately, the Bobby & Steve's on Central only sells leaded race gas, so that wasn't an option for the GN. The Holiday on the corner of Hamline & Marshall that used to sell 100 octane unleaded was the most convenient for me at the time, given that I usually hung out on Uni every weekend anyway. I started looking for other spots when they quit selling race gas. It's been a few years since I bought any 102 unleaded from the VIP in Plymouth. I do remember that it was pricey, even back then. I just called & the current price is a whopping $7.79/gal. Holy crap! That's over 20% higher than Kisch Oil.

Once I discovered the Kisch Oil place out on 81, that became my favorite spot. At the time, their 102 octane unleaded was the cheapest in the area. Didn't know they sold it for cost. Guess that explains the low price. It was pretty convenient when I lived in Coon Rapids. Not so much after I moved to East Bethel. They don't have a retail store, so you have to use a card. But you can fill up 24/7. They were bought by Western Petroleum in 2006. However, they're still doing business as Kisch Oil. Here's their info.

Kisch Oil
                    17470 113th Ave North
                    Maple Grove, MN 55369
                    (763) 428-2887

Prices as of today:

102 octane unleaded: $6.45/gal
                    110 octane leaded: $6.95/gal

On a related topic - for those who prefer to run non-oxy, but don't need the high octane - here's MSRA's current list of non-oxy premium stations in MN: http://msra.com/wp-content/uploads/2...xySept2014.pdf

Joel
                    Last edited by Fast One; 09-09-2014, 11:06 AM.
                    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

To Kicsh oil we will go from now on. Thanks for the price info Joel.

Comment

Working...
                      X