This year sure has been dead for car stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This year sure has been dead for car stuff

Anyone else notice this? nobody is crusing much, no where to hang out and the internet scene is pretty quiet this year. I still say the economy is bad and everyone has cut out or cut back on car racing and car stuff.

The economy has sucked for years. It definitely is better than '08, but I know of at least a dozen people who are not working and that's about 10 more than pre-'08. Ya gotta remember...there are a lot of people who lost their life savings in the '08 crash. You can't recover lost life savings in 6 years--especially if you're either not working or took a job at a fraction of what was made before the crash.

On top of that--I think more and more people caught the TCS disease. That would be the disease of stupidity. lol

Comment

It is slow everywhere. Even up north here there is nothing to do much with cars. It's so slow that tcs even just had 2 post in one day.:jump smile:

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        The economy has sucked for years. It definitely is better than '08, but I know of at least a dozen people who are not working and that's about 10 more than pre-'08. Ya gotta remember...there are a lot of people who lost their life savings in the '08 crash. You can't recover lost life savings in 6 years--especially if you're either not working or took a job at a fraction of what was made before the crash.
        Yup. The banks recovered from the mess they made quite nicely - as did Wall Street. But most of the working-class is still swimming upstream through the deep river of shit they created in the process. But the media doesn't want to talk about that dirty little secret.

I got downsized in April of 2012, and still haven't been able to find any work. I helped invent the world's-first, second, and third MRI-safe pacemakers, but I still can't get hired. Out of the many hundreds of resumes I've sent out over past two years, I've only had a handful of in-person interviews. It's always the same story. I'm too overqualified, I made too much money at Medtronic, and I'm 58. Employers think I won't stick around because the work won't be challenging enough to hold my interest, and because they're paying less than half of what I used to make. Plus, they figure that I'll be retiring soon (yeah, right ), so they'll just be back to where they started again in a few years or so. I've even been told to my face that I'm too old. WTF???

I've burned up what savings I had recovered since the big dump of '08, trying to keep my place. I even had to sell my GN this spring. That was really, really tough. Makes me tear-up just thinking about it. When I paid cash for her nearly 20 years ago, I promised myself that I would not make the same mistake that I made with my '67 GS 400 4-speed ragtop - of which only 422 were made. Fuck. The only upside is that I sold her to my brother, with the understanding that I have the option to buy her back at any time. As if that wasn't bad enough - the nice place I bought out here in the country (first house I ever bought) is worth 30 fucking grand less than I owe, and now I'm getting foreclosed on tomorrow.

This really, really fucking sucks.

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Think I found a new spot actually. A buddy of mine just invited me to some extracurricular activities. A little bit of a drive but it sounds like a good spot. Now if the overcast/humidity would just take a hike.

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
            Think I found a new spot actually. A buddy of mine just invited me to some extracurricular activities. A little bit of a drive but it sounds like a good spot. Now if the overcast/humidity would just take a hike.
            Clear as a bell where I live, I plan on going down to Har Mar in a few min.

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to go out and play, but have to be in Milwaukee for a HS class mate's memorial tomorrow. Then when I get back Sunday have to go to another memorial.

It's been a tough year for losing old friends and acquaintances.

Geez

Comment

yup the car scene is dead, Mark my word. :rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                  Yup. The banks recovered from the mess they made quite nicely - as did Wall Street. But most of the working-class is still swimming upstream through the deep river of shit they created in the process. But the media doesn't want to talk about that dirty little secret.

I got downsized in April of 2012, and still haven't been able to find any work. I helped invent the world's-first, second, and third MRI-safe pacemakers, but I still can't get hired. Out of the many hundreds of resumes I've sent out over past two years, I've only had a handful of in-person interviews. It's always the same story. I'm too overqualified, I made too much money at Medtronic, and I'm 58. Employers think I won't stick around because the work won't be challenging enough to hold my interest, and because they're paying less than half of what I used to make. Plus, they figure that I'll be retiring soon (yeah, right ), so they'll just be back to where they started again in a few years or so. I've even been told to my face that I'm too old. WTF???

I've burned up what savings I had recovered since the big dump of '08, trying to keep my place. I even had to sell my GN this spring. That was really, really tough. Makes me tear-up just thinking about it. When I paid cash for her nearly 20 years ago, I promised myself that I would not make the same mistake that I made with my '67 GS 400 4-speed ragtop - of which only 422 were made. Fuck. The only upside is that I sold her to my brother, with the understanding that I have the option to buy her back at any time. As if that wasn't bad enough - the nice place I bought out here in the country (first house I ever bought) is worth 30 fucking grand less than I owe, and now I'm getting foreclosed on tomorrow.

This really, really fucking sucks.

Joel
                  That's does suck. The American dream turned into the American nightmare. Unfortunately the same (forceclosure) has happened to millions of Americans in the last 5-6 years.

I have a buddy who does maintenance in public housing complexes. Most people have subsidized rent and although most people drive modest vehicles, he knows of a few that drive $30,000 plus Escalades or fancy Lexus SUVs. How can this be? Oh yeah open welfare handouts and drug dealing. Get your welfare check in Hennepin County, deal some dope, travel to Chicago or Gary to collect your other check, deal some dope, repeat. Next time a politician comes door knocking, grill them on this stuff as they (legislators) are in control of the financial fleecing that is our welfare system.

So yeah when good law abiding hard working people can't make ends meet, it puts the car hobby on the back burner.

Comment

Well Jumpercables! It's good to get a post from you!

Comment

I just read yesterday that the tcs'ers got kicked out of Sonic on Wed. nights. Just like Porky's, they thought they owned the place and got the boot.

Comment

Working...
                      X