Friday Powercruise report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Powercruise report

Well after all the rain this AM we got up to the track around 2pm. We got checked in and I went on the track and the car runs great. The green 5.0 went pretty good and I held my own against several cars. There is a ZL1 here that is no faster than the 5.0 mustangs, sad is it not? There is a GT-R there and while he does get by the cars on the top end it takes him a very long time to do it. I raced 2 other lt1 cars, one I got by a couple of cars and the other one beat me by a fender. Fast Eddy is here and I did get to talk with Titan5 today. Still time to come up this weekend and have a good time.

Sounds interesting and a lot of fun. Had brother in laws help with clutch install. Not going to finish breaking it in up there so I plan to come up and spectate Sat.

Comment

Sat. Was fun, Glenn came up and we took a cruise around the track and we killed a couple of cars and got killed by a couple cars. I honestly don't know why people who brag on line don't come up to run at this event. I do hate reading that "my car is the fastest" crap and then when something like this comes along they stay home. On a side note the rear axle is making a little noise again, F body stock rear axles suck, did I say they suck, LOL. I think one of those high buck rear covers might help.

Bluetcster was there with his new 5.0 but I will let him tell you guys about his car. Will take it easy on the car Sunday.

Comment

Yeah, Bob took me for a ride around the track a few times. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time. Car runs totally different than last year. Whatever you did...good job!

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          Yeah, Bob took me for a ride around the track a few times. I haven't laughed that hard for a long time. Car runs totally different than last year. Whatever you did...good job!
          It was entertaining wasn't it:rotfl: I got to follow that SS we saw at the entrance, it hauls ass. I did ruin some guys day with a 300ZX twin turbo car as I went by him at WOT. He was not happy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
            I honestly don't know why people who brag on line don't come up to run at this event. I do hate reading that "my car is the fastest" crap and then when something like this comes along they stay home.
            Who was talking on the internets?

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
              Who was talking on the internets?

:rotfl:

Comment

Sunday: We only stuck around 'till 10:30am and then split to get home early. I love racing the ricers, some little RSX thought he could take me in the twistys but he was wrong. I got out in front of him then after going around turn 10 I put th hammer down on him and it got ugly. I raced a nive WS6 car he got me by 2 cars so all in all I held my own. Raced another SRT8 jeep and put some cars on him too. Will have to miss next year due to our roads being torn up next summer so Glenn it's up to you for 2015.

Comment

Bob,

You guys passed a 300ZX TT @ WOT? My brother has a '91. I've driven it quite a few times. With the speed limiter out of the way & a few tweaks, they can hustle along pretty well. How fast did you guys go out there?

Joel
                  There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                    Bob,

You guys passed a 300ZX TT @ WOT? My brother has a '91. I've driven it quite a few times. With the speed limiter out of the way & a few tweaks, they can hustle along pretty well. How fast did you guys go out there?

Joel
                    Too fast, It was like a blur :rotfl:

Comment

LOL! According to C&D, R&T, MT, and SCI, a bone-stock 300ZX TT tops-out at 147-159 MPH - depending upon the year of the car & which mag did the testing. So I take it that either you guys were really cooking out there, or the ZX was uncharacteristically slow.

Just trying to get an idea of how fast people drive to see if it would be worth taking the GN or GTP for a run one of these years, or if I'd just be in the way out there.
                      Joel
                      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                        LOL! According to C&D, R&T, MT, and SCI, a bone-stock 300ZX TT tops-out at 147-159 MPH - depending upon the year of the car & which mag did the testing. So I take it that either you guys were really cooking out there, or the ZX was uncharacteristically slow.

Just trying to get an idea of how fast people drive to see if it would be worth taking the GN or GTP for a run one of these years, or if I'd just be in the way out there.
                        Joel
                        Went by him on Sat. Joel you would have fun there you are not the slowest and not the fastest, just like everyone else. There were 2 GN's there this year.

Comment

I cruised around the corners on slicks, and spun the slicks at 80 just need to use your head.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                            Sat. Was fun, Glenn came up and we took a cruise around the track and we killed a couple of cars and got killed by a couple cars. I honestly don't know why people who brag on line don't come up to run at this event. I do hate reading that "my car is the fastest" crap and then when something like this comes along they stay home. On a side note the rear axle is making a little noise again, F body stock rear axles suck, did I say they suck, LOL. I think one of those high buck rear covers might help.

Bluetcster was there with his new 5.0 but I will let him tell you guys about his car. Will take it easy on the car Sunday.
                            Was nice chatting with you again also MR.hp, my car is nothing special just a 2014 5.0 while it goes very well it does not knock the socks off like my old car did. Stock they are not much to brag about. Might have to put a charger on this one to get some power out of it.

Comment

I'm glad you made it up there and it was good to chat with ya for a few minutes. Didn't you know the new 5.0s ran mid 11s "stock"? Or is that the typical bs we hear from most of you Ford guys? Because if a new 5.0 runs mid 11s "stock" then the Cobras and GT500s have ta run at least a half second quicker "stock", right?

Comment

Working...
                              X