Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Adam 12 lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InLP...r_embedded#t=0

325hp @ 4800 RPM 0-60 in 7 seconds. wtf?

That's the 10:1 383, with 325 gross HP @ 4800 RPM & 425 lb-ft @ 2800 RPM. I think 0-60 in ~7 sec is in the ballpark for one of those cars, when geared for a 120 MPH top-end.

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

A 4-door Roadrunner!

Comment

1969 was the year of the ultimate squad; for a quarter century afterwards, nothing could match its performance capability - the 1969 Polara Pursuit. This was the apex of the high-power era, the last year before lower compression engines and tightening emisions requirements.

The 1969 Polara Pursuit, with its 375 bhp 440, sleek new "fuselage" bodystyle, and standard 3.23 axle, could do 0-60 in 6.3 seconds, the quarter mile in 14.3 seconds (at over 99 mph), and run out to a top speed of (or, by some accounts, above) 147 mph.
        ------------------------------------
        Let the hating begin!

Comment

Yeah, I remember the '69 Polara 440 very well. A state trooper in my hometown drove one of those bad boys. The local shop had to pull the motor mount bolts & jack each side of the engine up to change the plugs.

I outran his Polara on a 20-mile run with my dad's 1970 Buick Lesabre Custom 445 4-door HT, equipped with the 2.73:1 'plains axle'. It did 0-60 in 6 sec flat (in 1st gear), ran the 1/4-mile in 14.7 sec @ 100 MPH (crossed the line in 2nd gear), and it was crazy-fast on the top end. When the windows blew out of their sockets, the big Buick quit accelerating. He got me on radar @ 157 MPH as I went out of range. Fortunately, he didn't get the plate number so he couldn't prove it was dad's car.

That was the only time I ever attempted to outrun a cop.

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
          X