ZL1 vs GT 500 bone stock/bone stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZL1 vs GT 500 bone stock/bone stock

Glenn this looks like a classic TCO/tcs battle thread, you gotta read it.:rotfl:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e6f_1401199220

Then read the multi page thread from Yellow Bullet.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=883290

Yeah, I read about half of the yellow bullet. Typical Ford vs. Chevy arguing. I just don't get it...the two cars ran and the Camaro won. ETs were about the same and the GT500 trapped higher. Although mph is nice to have than not, you and I know it doesn't get you to the finish line first.

Afterwards, the Ford guys come in and start talking about "if this and if that". The almighty GT500 which the mags imply ALL run mid 11s are butt hurt. Then the Ford guys modify their cars with pulley swap, etc and that's ok, but if you modify a Chev, then that's not fair. Like Dan says..."the seal was never broken" (heads never removed) which in his mind makes the Ford superior.

Then the other Ford guys throw in the old "government motors bailout" line to try and make the GM guy feel inferior. Or...a Corvette is more expensive which makes the Ford superior. But when the guy with the Malibu wagon challenges them, they say that's not fair. Hmmm...let's see...a Corvette is more expensive than the GT500, so it's about $$$, but the wagon's cost is a fraction of the GT500 and would blow his doors off and then the $$$ part isn't as significant???? That's what drives me crazy about those type of Ford clowns.

When all is said and done...I'll never get back the time I wasted reading the Ford lunacy. Glad I'm a GM guy.

Comment

The ford guy with the gt5.00 was funny ass tool. All you had to do was replace the tcs people (who we all know) with the ones from the bullet and out come is the same GM's suck. If this is the case how can a guy with 662hp only run mid 11's? seems GM is getting the job done with less hp but more tq. look at the new vette, guys are running mid 11's bone stock with 200 less hp than the stupidcharged gt 5.00, hell I bet one of the 5slow cars could beat a smellbee 500, It is the same old same old, mph is king on the street but it ain't worth a crap at the track. Sloss would fit right in over on the Bullet, only thing is that he would get put in his place by some of those hard core guy over there.

Comment

haha 'stupidcharged'.

Yeah my nephew is sure cocky with his GT500. Blew his clutch out and had to take it in to get it replaced. I thought either the clutch or rear end would break and I was right. The frum roll is quite different than a sticky racetrack. The sticky surface finds weaknesses in the drivetrain pretty fast.

Now the rear end or driveshaft will be next. Oh well...he has to find out like we did when we started racing.

The track he's been running at is only 315 elevation.

Comment

Yawn. :)
          1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
          2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
          2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
          1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

I would yawn to if I owned a ford. Lol

Comment

I yawned 4 times since we own 4 Fords. Then I farted.

Dan
              1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
              2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
              2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
              1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

Originally posted by DNeinstadt View Post
                I yawned 4 times since we own 4 Fords. Then I farted.

Dan
                I know, I could smell it at my house.:rotfl:

Comment

Normal ford owners, cry cry cry.

Comment

Who cares what others think,I don't. You put it on the track, you run it. it is what it is and that's that!!!! If you can't do it like that then stfu....the end!

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                      Who cares what others think,I don't. You put it on the track, you run it. it is what it is and that's that!!!! If you can't do it like that then stfu....the end!
                      WOW! get the car running good did we?:rotfl:

Comment

It runs fine... my short little message was for bench racers.

Comment

Joe's finally speakin up for a change. I think I like it.

Comment

Hi glen, We all have to get together sometime soon. Just added my 2 cents. That Bob and his bench racin' sometimes get carried away. I also want to say, that the cobra is not a stock car and I will not go to power cruise! lmfao

Comment

BWW potatoes topped with cheese sound good

Comment

Working...
                              X