Way to go, Dale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to go, Dale!

I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but was glad to see Earnhardt win.

Was kind of cool last week, His Dad's old number 3 won the pole, then the Jr. wins the race. Who says dad ain't watching out for his kid.

Comment

I am a NASCAR fan. I was an Earnhardt Sr fan before he became famous. Jr is my favorite today, along with Smoke & Rowdy. We saw a different side of Jr last Sunday. He drove the living crap out of that Chevy. During the last 30 laps or so, it looked like the Intimidator himself was behind the wheel.

Restrictor-plate racing has sucked for a number of years. Three & four-wide racing at Daytona?? Hell, we haven't seen that in decades. I've watched every Daytona 500 since the first one was broadcast in its entirety back in '79. This was hands-down, the best of 'em all - regardless of who won. It's been decades since I've been on the edge of my seat for hours at a time while watching a Daytona race. They finally got it right with the new car.

Joel
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
        I am a NASCAR fan. I was an Earnhardt Sr fan before he became famous. Jr is my favorite today, along with Smoke & Rowdy. We saw a different side of Jr last Sunday. He drove the living crap out of that Chevy. During the last 30 laps or so, it looked like the Intimidator himself was behind the wheel.

Restrictor-plate racing has sucked for a number of years. Three & four-wide racing at Daytona?? Hell, we haven't seen that in decades. I've watched every Daytona 500 since the first one was broadcast in its entirety back in '79. This was hands-down, the best of 'em all - regardless of who won. It's been decades since I've been on the edge of my seat for hours at a time while watching a Daytona race. They finally got it right with the new car.

Joel

57 300 gave me a ton of tapes with drag racing on them a few years ago, In there is a bunch of old NASCAR races on tape with the early races inc. Dale Sr. when I get them recorded down you can have the tapes if you want them.

Comment

That would be very cool! Let me know when you're done with 'em.

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
          X