• I'd say this is a sleeper (Turbo LSX)

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...269858438.html

80' Olds Cutlass,
    Rebuilt 6.0l ls engine with truck accessories
    Tick custom cam
    Borgwarner s480/96/132 Turbo
    #317 heads w. fresh valve job and Brian Tooley Dual springs
    1:76 Powerglide built by Master Transmission with PTC Converter
    Rear end is an 8.8 ford with 3.08 gears and ford racing 31 spline axles and a rebuilt trac lok.

The body was taken off the frame. The frame was blasted, boxed and notched to accommodate the mickey pro 275/60/15 tires . Every part of the suspension and front end is new. All of the trim on the body has been deleted, holes filled and painted jet black (EXTREMELY STRAIGHT BODY). The turbo kit is constructed of 2 1/2" mandrel bent 304 stainless the downpipe is 4" to dual 3'' full length over the axle exhaust with mufflers, all purge tig welded stainless. 31x12x4 Air to Air intercooler 3'' plumbing from the turbo to the throttle body.The fuel system utilizes a factory Grand National fuel tank with a custom stainless sender to accommodate three Walbro 255lph fuel pumps, -10 feed / return Teflon fuel lines, Aeromotive boost reference regulator and 80lb Siemens injectors. The car uses a factory pcm tuned for e85 with HP Tuners and a custom wiring harness. I am currently running a built powerglide but the harness and pcm have provisions for a 4l80e. The radiator is a 31X19 Northern with dual electric fans, pcm controlled, tempature has never gotten over 175 even on the hottest day in stop and go traffic.The interior is completely original with only the addition of the Autometer sport comp electric gauges, Wideband, Tach, boost pressure, fuel pressure,water,voltage and oil pressure. The car can be driven anywhere, starts, runs, drives very well, I drove it to work and back every day last summer 50 miles round trip. It is currently tuned for 16 lbs of boost and have run it on 13-14lbs all summer long without incident. I did get the car to Rockfalls raceway where it went a best of 11.22 @ 138. which equates to about 700 rwhp on 13-14lbs. More pictures to come. I also have build pics.KEYWORDS, TURBO, LS1,LS, 6.0, 5.3

Can't imagine he gets anywhere with those skinny ass tires though

It's not set up for drag racing though. It's set up for AUTOX

Comment

Now that is an interesting build. But I'm thinking that it wouldn't be much of a sleeper once that big-ass turbo starts spooling-up. Bet it screams like a jet fighter at full-burner. The look on the other guy's face when that thing spools-up for a stoplight race would be priceless!

Joel
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
        Yeah, the sticky corner-carving tires & low center of gravity are giveaways. :lol2:

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
          Now that is an interesting build. But I'm thinking that it wouldn't be much of a sleeper once that big-ass turbo starts spooling-up. Bet it screams like a jet fighter at full-burner. The look on the other guy's face when that thing spools-up for a stoplight race would be priceless!

Joel
          :lol: Werd

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
            Cruisin at 80 mph - give it half throttle and roast the tires

Comment

Bet those tires handle great in the twisty's

Comment

Working...
              X