Paul Walker crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Walker crash

Sounds like a tragic but senseless wreck. From what I've read the Porsche Carrera GT is a hard car to manage.

http://www.heavy.com/news/2013/12/ro...ash-dead-dies/

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEWS/131209998

Despite the fact that its a pain to drive in traffic and just plain dangerous when driven hard, we have always loved the Porsche Carrera GT.

Looks like the same stuff that happens from time to time when one street races. That's the change you take. R.I.P. Paul.

Comment

Definitely a sad story. I read this today:

Walker’s generosity

Tales of the actor’s philanthropy are not new. CNN confirmed one story from a decade ago when Walker noticed a young U.S. military veteran shopping with his fiance for a wedding ring in a Santa Barbara jewelry store.

“The groom was just back from duty in Iraq, and he was going to be deployed again soon and wanted to buy a wedding ring, but he said he just could not afford it,” saleswoman Irene King told CNN. “I don’t think the soldier realized how expensive those rings are, about $10,000.”

Although Walker noticed them, the couple apparently did not know who he was, King said.

“Walker called the manger over and said, ‘Put that girl’s ring on my tab,’ ” she said. “Walker left all his billing info, and it was a done deal. The couple was stunned. She was thrilled and could not believe someone did this.”

King called it “the most generous thing I have ever seen.”
      Sounds like he had a good heart. Always sad when someone dies young.

Comment

Also - those Carrera GTs are pretty wicked - I believe they are capable of trapping 130s out of the box so they are not somethin to take lightly.

Comment

Very sad news. Rumor has it that they were racing some car, a fire started in the car and they crashed.

Comment

Roger Rodas was a customer of mine (as was Paul as they were partners in their business and collection) and will be GREATLY missed. Two of the most gracious and respectable men I have ever met in many ways. I visited their shop over a year ago and inspected a few cars for them, one being an LS6 convertible (turned out to be a fake) and their collection was like none I had ever seen. Roger sent me an email on Friday inviting us to the benefit but I did not get a chance to read it until Sunday after I learned of his death. According to two other customers of mine as well as friends of Roger's, they say there was a red liquid on the road preceding the crash and appeared to be power steering fluid, possibly from a blown line. We may never know. The crash site was less than a block from their shop and they drove it hundreds of times a year. I think it more likely a mechanical failure than a human one but it won't change the outcome.
            www.musclecarrestorationanddesign.com

Comment

That's too bad Rick. From what I've read, they were good men. When a tragedy like this happens, we're curious to find out what the cause was. I mean...these weren't inexperienced kids out joy riding in a hi HP car. Rodas was an experienced driver. The leaking power steering kinda makes sense. I just don't understand why if the steering felt not quite right, why he would get that aggressive. A real sad deal.

Comment

Just read today that they are closing the doors on Always Evolving, the business that he and Paul owned together and are auctioning off all the cars. What a terrible shame. Bunch of good guys that worked there and a prenominal collection of cars.
                www.musclecarrestorationanddesign.com

Comment

Working...
                X