Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Hope everyone has a good time. Be sure to save some room for pie!

We're getting together at my sister's place in Mpls this afternoon. My 88 year-old mom drove 370 miles from Warroad by herself. First time she's driven that far since her hip surgery 3 years ago. Said that she spent most of the day in the left lane @ 75+ MPH! She may drive a LeSabre, but she's definitely not one of those stereotypical little old ladies who pokes along in the fast lane.

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

We should all be that lucky to live to be 88 and drive 75+

Comment

Yeah, she is a young 88. Mom still lives in her own house, does her own cooking & cleaning, works in the garden, goes for walks, bakes pies & other goodies all from scratch for church bake-sales, drives where she wants to, etc. Most of her friends quit driving years ago. The very few who still do, only drive locally. If I make it to that age, I hope that I'll still be up for a good stoplight race in whatever we'll be driving 30 years from now.

Had a good time at my sister's place. We always have tons of food because two of their sons live in the cities & their families bring all sorts of yummy homemade dishes to share. Their kids even make stuff to bring. Mom's made-from-scratch cherry & apple pies were the highlight, though.

Joel
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

I hope to be able to drive 100 mph at age 100. Good for your Mom

Comment

Working...
        X