dodge guys help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dodge guys help...

I had a 92 dakota that i sold to a friend its an auto with the 318..so last week he calls me and asks if i want it back stating that it was running like crap and he was other wise going to take it to the scrap yard ..

so needless to say shes back in my shop.. so after find group of vacuum lines that had melted and the egr vacuum controller was melted .. I replaced the lines and the control valve and now im stuck on were to go from there .. the truck starts right up and idles great but boggs and chokes when the throttle is applied .. I made a vid to better show what was happening ..

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Too...05f9b.mp4.html

any help that you guys have would be great.

Yeah that's a hard one to diagnose by listening on line. Ya gotta check the basics first. The first thing I'd do is put a fuel pressure gauge on it.

Comment

plugged cat converter

Comment

Originally posted by Toomanycars View Post
        I had a 92 dakota that i sold to a friend its an auto with the 318..so last week he calls me and asks if i want it back stating that it was running like crap and he was other wise going to take it to the scrap yard ..

so needless to say shes back in my shop.. so after find group of vacuum lines that had melted and the egr vacuum controller was melted .. I replaced the lines and the control valve and now im stuck on were to go from there .. the truck starts right up and idles great but boggs and chokes when the throttle is applied .. I made a vid to better show what was happening ..

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Too...05f9b.mp4.html

any help that you guys have would be great.
        If it's fuel injected you can perform a fuel pressure test, not sure what the specs are, check the fuel fileter too. If you need to test to see if the catalytic converter pull the 02 sensor before the converter and if it's plugged the turck will run much better. Check your ign. also as a weak coil can cause all kinds of trouble. Hope this helps.

Comment

Dirty fuel sock?

Comment

did a fuel pressure test .. book says 31 at idle and 39 at idle with the vacuum off the pressure regulator .. well i got 35 and 45..so im going to get a new pressure regulator and hope that helps

Comment

I had a '90 d150 with the 3.9 v6 that did the same exact thing. When approaching a stop sign or light, it would want to die. Basically had to lightly power-brake it to stay running.

Maybe it was a Dodge thing from that era?

It was my wood/scrap hauler and I sold it that way. The buyer didn't care luckily for me lol.

Comment

The electronic throttle position censor on the throttle body could be bad. It could be is a blocked catalytic converter, or a 02 censor?
                ------------------------------------
                Let the hating begin!

Comment

today i installed a new fpr, cleaned the throttle body installed used form a good running motor the tps map and idle air sensors and no change..

Comment

Working...
                  X