Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Falls for 9-21-13 and 9-27-13

So the test day was complete sucess, Right off the trailer the Camaro went
    11.11@119 so I thought that was pretty good considering all the parts I changed from the last time I ran the 406. I fiddled around with the car most of the day and it was pretty consistant staying right in that ET range. The best was at the end of the day with a 11.08@120mph. Some nice fast cars there too. Joe was having some troubles so we did not match up, maybe next year. I had 2 races that I liked, one was with a Duster and we were door handle to door handle with him just getting me and he ran an 11.04 but my lane had a .000 and the timers screwed up and the next few cars were the same but all the times up to 1000ft. were the same. The last race was against a supercharged Monty Carlo and he ran low 11's all day so I thought it would be a good match up. We lined up, he red lit had me by a car and I put a car on him at the end. My 11.08 beat his 11.39, I will be going out for the next Muscle car race this coming Sunday. Hey bbcmalibu, come on out so we can line them up this weekend.

5th Gen Camaro ran high 11's@119
    A white mustang 5.0 was in the low 12's with mods
    A red 5.0 ran mid 12's with mods.
    The best was a bone stock new Z06 with drag radials only running low 11's@119 mph. Who says you need a bunch of cams and valves to run fast:laughing smile:

Goods showing yesterday. Pretty sure that Z06 was trapping 125 or so all day. Pretty avg mph for the newer ones. The old 405 HP LS6 versions trapped around 118. I saw him run an 11.38 @ 124.67. I texted that to typhoon yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
      Goods showing yesterday. Pretty sure that Z06 was trapping 125 or so all day. Pretty avg mph for the newer ones. The old 405 HP LS6 versions trapped around 118. I saw him run an 11.38 @ 124.67. I texted that to typhoon yesterday.
      That car was bad ass, he sure would have laid the smackdown on the two 5 slow mustangs yesterday for sure.

Comment

Nice et's.

Comment

Updat for todays races. I had a great time and there were a ton of cars. Alleyoop2 was there running strong in the 12's and he went pretty deep in the rounds. My first race was against a tcstanger and I smoked him for the win round 2 was against a 502 powered 72 Corvette and I cut an .033 light on the guy and cut him down with an 11.14 to his 11.04, the finals pitted me against a Mopar scamp car who I think was sand bagging the race so we both cut good lights and I pushed him out with an 10.998 to his 11.92, he was pissed. I did not think I won the 11.0 class but whe I saw the time slip I was sure happy.

There 2 ZL1 Camaro's there running mid to high 12's and I thought what pigs, but to top that there was a new shelby 500 running high 12's too, all pigs. I watched a guy run his 5th Gen V6 Camaro bone stock auto running mid 14's and V8's running mid to high 13's WTF, nobody can build a new car these days. There was a Talon that ran 142mph on one run in the mid 12's and that was a no no so he was shut down. One V6 supercharged Fiero that was running high 11's. One for Joel, a guy had a supercharged GP 4rd 40th car that was deep in the 13's too.

The weather was great, lots of nice cars and one long ass day. Good night.

Comment

It was nice talking to you again, MR.hp! It was a long ass day, didn't get home till 7:00 pm last night. Lots of cars, and a shit ton of spectators!
            ------------------------------------
            Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
              It was nice talking to you again, MR.hp! It was a long ass day, didn't get home till 7:00 pm last night. Lots of cars, and a shit ton of spectators!

Nice talking with you again too. I know what you mean I got home at 8 pm, I see you went pretty far into the rounds on Sunday. Maybe next year we can have a club drag day.

Comment

You didn't do so bad yourself! Congrats!

That would be cool to have a club drag day!
                ------------------------------------
                Let the hating begin!

Comment

Bob - congrats on winning the class & also your holeshot win!

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I haven't been to the rock for over a decade. Guess I should show up to watch even though I can't race the GN.

It appears that the guys with the new-school iron didn't know how to race their cars properly. Most reports say that the GT500 is good for mid-11s & the ZL1 is good for low 12s - when driven by competent drivers.

I wonder if the blown Fiero is the same one that used to show up at the pig, sounding like a NASCAR Cup car coming in for a pitstop. He was running a huge intercooled blower & said that it made 425 HP at the wheels on the dyno, if I remember correctly.

Running low 13s in a 40th Anny GTP is pretty good. Bone-stock, they're capable of running 14.7s on a good day. But the 4T65E-HD is the Achilles' heel of the blown 3800 package. The factory trans is only reliable into the mid-13s. I remember that a couple of guys in the local GTP/GS club managed to get into the high 11s. But they broke a lot of stuff & spent lots of money to get there, and they were pushing the nearly $4k beefed-up ZZP transaxles right to the limit.

Joel
                  There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
                    You didn't do so bad yourself! Congrats!

That would be cool to have a club drag day!
                    Thanks, I did have a good time on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                      Bob - congrats on winning the class & also your holeshot win!

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I haven't been to the rock for over a decade. Guess I should show up to watch even though I can't race the GN.

It appears that the guys with the new-school iron didn't know how to race their cars properly. Most reports say that the GT500 is good for mid-11s & the ZL1 is good for low 12s - when driven by competent drivers.

I wonder if the blown Fiero is the same one that used to show up at the pig, sounding like a NASCAR Cup car coming in for a pitstop. He was running a huge intercooled blower & said that it made 425 HP at the wheels on the dyno, if I remember correctly.

Running low 13s in a 40th Anny GTP is pretty good. Bone-stock, they're capable of running 14.7s on a good day. But the 4T65E-HD is the Achilles' heel of the blown 3800 package. The factory trans is only reliable into the mid-13s. I remember that a couple of guys in the local GTP/GS club managed to get into the high 11s. But they broke a lot of stuff & spent lots of money to get there, and they were pushing the nearly $4k beefed-up ZZP transaxles right to the limit.

Joel

The Fiero you are thinking of is owned my Matt and he has the caddy engine in but it is not very fast. I was thinking was back in the early 90's about doing a SB Chevy Fiero but gave up, I already have too many projects. I still think there is a few more tenths and mph in the Camaro and with a new cam and intake, the one in there is quite small. I will see how the 468 fairs before I do anything else other than the intake this year.

On a side note I was watching this guy who has a 70 Z/28 tubbed and all the race stuff. He has a 468, trans brake and a bunch of stuff done to that car and his best was 11 flat@121. Makes my little 9" tire 406 car look pretty good. Thanks for all the kind words on my win, been a long time since I snagged the top spot.

Comment

Yeah, good job guys. Good to see that you went a few rounds. Running that quick on 9" tire is impressive.

Comment

No racing this weekend, looks like rain all weekend.

Comment

Bob,

I remember the Caddy-powered Fiero. The one I'm thinking of was nicely done-up. It had a 3800 in it with a huge intercooled blower on top & it idled like a Cup car. If I remember correctly, it was light blue. The guy said it pulled 425 RWHP on the dyno.

Joel
                            There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Props to you on the win Bob.

Comment

Working...
                              X