Raceway Park closes today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raceway Park closes today

Even though I am not a roundy round guy it is sadd to see another track cose here in MN. I hate all the cry babies who ball thier eyes out that it's too noisy or some other excuse to close down a place for guys to race at.

I will never support and sports team in MN untill we get more places to race at. Makes me want to go out and run open headers all the time to piss those cry baby asshats off.

They didnt close due to noise they sold out to a shingle recycling company,they must have got some good money,or they wouldnt have done it.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen View Post
      They didnt close due to noise they sold out to a shingle recycling company,they must have got some good money,or they wouldnt have done it.
      That's interesting as some of the guys I know that race there said it was due to noise. One report said they are going to open another track someplace around the metro, but just like the drag race tracks trying to open I don't think they have a chance.

Comment

There's some info on their FB page, from some of the comments it sounded like a management issue maybe?
        Not sure how to link it directly but what I saw is on the April 2nd post. >here
        Otherwise >here, and then scroll down.

I was going to go but haven't for years. With what I read from that I guess I'm happy keeping the memories I got and not sitting there wondering if they could have tried harder to save it or sell it to someone that would.
        I guess when they title the site "Go Raceway Park," they really meant it. :laughing smile:

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
          That's interesting as some of the guys I know that race there said it was due to noise. One report said they are going to open another track someplace around the metro, but just like the drag race tracks trying to open I don't think they have a chance.
          I dont think they;ll find anywhere that will have them either,there have been multiple owners or operators over the years,I think the actual owner got tired of the crap and dumped it.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen View Post
            I dont think they;ll find anywhere that will have them either,there have been multiple owners or operators over the years,I think the actual owner got tired of the crap and dumped it.

Watched the news on 9 last night and the owner said that he got an offer he could not turn down.

Comment

Another place in Minnesota to race gone.

Comment

Working...
              X