Sonic Bloomington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonic Bloomington

Typhoon says it's packed out there tonight.

Yeah I figured I'd swing through. I only live about 6 miles away and wasn't doing much so why not. HOTCIVIC was telling me people usually go up there on Wed/Fri...

Saw a couple decent cars. Quite a few imports. But a fair amount of muscle too.

There was a Maroon lowered Jeep SRT8 with black wheels and a big old front mount intercooler. Looked under the hood and saw a procharger...Pretty cool. Some dude with a '03 Cobra had his hood popped with a TT setup. Ran into your old pal Sloss and talked for a bit. He rode up there with a buddy in his newer Skyline GTR, white on black wheels. Not a bad crowd. I'm thinking I'll swing up there Friday.

If you're back from Watertown in time from that guys shop you should swing down. I'm waiting for a ride.

Comment

Was the guy with the gray cobra there ? I think he calls himself sadcobra on tcwangs:laughing smile:

Comment

Sadcobra?

Comment

Oh yeah I think he does go by badcobra. He disappeared for a bit but it looks like he's back. Apparently him and the GTR lined up last night for a couple runs. I'd assume from-roll ofcourse.

Sloss was saying that GTR pulls pretty good. Maybe Bellows will have to pull out the old 602 and spray away...

Comment

Originally posted by Typhoon View Post
            Oh yeah I think he does go by badcobra. He disappeared for a bit but it looks like he's back. Apparently him and the GTR lined up last night for a couple runs. I'd assume from-roll ofcourse.

Sloss was saying that GTR pulls pretty good. Maybe Bellows will have to pull out the old 602 and spray away...
            I am afraid they would be like AJ and fotoboy and shy away from the old camaro at the track. Not too many people want to tangle with a low 10 sec. street car at the track as most of them are pigs out of the hole. Sloss's car would desimate bad cobra's car. I do have a new engine in the works for the car, but 10.0 is still pretty good with a 9.8 compression small block with off the shelf parts and crummy elcheapo headers.

That is funny sadcobra:rotfl: just another guy who braggs how fast his cobra is and then goes to car shows.

Comment

Badcobra is not such a bad guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post
                Badcobra is not such a bad guy.
                Fat Tone...???
                www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

Originally posted by TwinTownTerror View Post
                  Fat Tone...???
                  I think that's him.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                    I think that's him.
                    Put anyone. Anyone, even my mom, in that car and its probably a second faster... Don't bash the car...
                    www.twintownterrors.com

Comment

Originally posted by TwinTownTerror View Post
                      Put anyone. Anyone, even my mom, in that car and its probably a second faster... Don't bash the car...
                      he was braging about his 10 sec time slip from cfr years a go on a ford svt web site and they said his numbers didnt add up to running a 10. said the timers had to be wrong.
                      the guy is a bag of wind
                      the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

What I meant to finish with was... Bash his inability to drive...

I was there. There was also video of 'the' run. It did run a high 10.80-something once. Once. That was with the blower setup back in 2005 or 6. This is the first I have heard of it actually running for more than just a few minutes with the turbo setup...

... And yes, he is a 'bag of wind'...
                        www.twintownterrors.com

Comment

Yeah, I was there too. I saw the run and the 10.80 ish time did flash on the board. It was weird though because as we were sitting in the stands, we were guesstimating each run to see how close we were to the actual times each car ran. As we watched the runs, we were within a couple tenths and were laughing about it. We were WAY off on his run and were puzzled because I know what a 10 sec run looks like and it didn't match what we saw. We did go over and congratulate him though.

Quadro is right about the SVT guys questioning him about his 60 ft, 1/8 mi and mph. I read the thread and they pretty much said the numbers couldn't relate to his time slip. I was kinda surprised that his Ford brethren would dispute his slip. It pretty much confirmed what I saw and what he ran didn't match. Coincidence?

Either way, Tony? has never bashed me and I have no ill feelings toward him. He's a competitor and I hope he gets the results out of his Cobra he's looking for.

Comment

Here is the deal with his 10.90 run, I was there and have the Video some place in my vast tape collection. I know that he ran 10.90 something but then on the next run the car was only able to muster an 11.90. So tell me this, how in the hell can you run a second slower and change nothing? Answer, the clocks were off. When he posted his time on another ford website the guys over there were questioning his time slip as none of the short times matched his ET.

I used to beat up on his fox body car all the time at BIR in the past but he only had a small amout of mods and his car ran 13. sec. It was not until he became a tcs'er that he has fallen into the "my car makes a shit load of power syndrome" that most of those guys on that site have about thier cars. JR's car was there too and he also thought he had a 10 sec. car, turns out he has an 11. sec car with the MPH of a 10 sec. car.

Joe is getting there little by little, but at least he is realistic about what his car will run with the power that he has now.

Comment

Used to be pretty good friends with Tony. Not trying to beat up on him over the net too much, as someday we might work out the 'stuff' and go back to the ol' days... That being said he does run his mouth too much, always has and he knows it. Thats just Tony. I busted his balls when we were 'good' about his driving so I don't think he would get too worked up about it now...

That car was all over the place that day due to his inconsistent driving and also launching it different everytime. He was trying different 1st and 2nd gear launches... If I remember I think he rolled the beams on the 10 run...

Pete
                              Last edited by TwinTownTerror; 08-18-2013, 06:10 PM.
                              www.twintownterrors.com

Comment

Working...
                              X