No announcement yet.

Sonic Bloomington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I recall...he had a 1.60ish 60 ft and trapped 120 but ran a 10.80???

He mentioned having belt slippage based on a lot of belt dust.

We all know that generally a 10 sec run requires a hellacious 60ft to get a 10 sec timeslip. If you only get a 1.60ish 60 ft, you're not gonna offset that with a mere 120 trap speed. Trapping 140 might help offset it, but not 120.

I've seen 10 sec cars do it with 5.13 gears which would limit the mph. Again...they get a hellacious 60ft though. I don't think '03 cobras use more than 3.55s.

I have seen rare occasions where the timers were just plain wrong. I lost a bracket race at BIR and couldn't figure out what happened. I sat on my trailer and reviewed the numbers and they didn't add up, so I went to the tower to voice my concern. Bob VanHouten (BIR's track manager at that time) said I had won and put me back in. The other driver laughed and said he realized the timers were screwed up and said he had hoped I would have just loaded up my stuff and headed home without looking at the numbers.

It also happened at RF. That experience was not as favorable to me. Al gave the other guy the win. The other racers that saw what happened said I got shafted due to the timers being wrong.

[QUOTE by Mr.Hp]
    I know that he ran 10.90 something but then on the next run the car was only able to muster an 11.90. So tell me this, how in the hell can you run a second slower and change nothing? Answer, the clocks were off.
    [/quote]

But he claimed he backed the run up with a 10.90!!! You and I were there and saw him run a high 11 along side Larson who also ran a high 11. I was licking my chops thinking I would loved to have matched up with either one because they ran high 11s and their reaction times were horrible. I love racing people at the track with so called fast cars and horrible reaction times.

Comment

Here are more comments from SVT Performance I dug up about his 10 sec runs at CFR...
      Question: 10.70's are a serious ET for any street car, but what's with the 120mph trap? You'd have to have a top fuel 60ft for that ET with that trap.
      After he posted that his 1/8 mi mph was 96, they posted...

And im not buying the 10.7x at 120 mph unless you posted 107mph in the 1/8th and took a shit at the 1000' mark.
      Well dude, like I said, I have gotten a 1.62 60' on nitto drag radials in this car. Do you know anyone who has done that on Nittos? I know how to slip the clutch properly and stay out of wheelspin, so if you think anyone can do that with 550 ft/lbs TQ you are nuts. It's much easier to do that with a heavy car like mine compared to your fox notchback too.
      Still doesn't justify 10.7 @ 120. I have hit a 1.63 60' on my all seasons. Even if I coupled that with a perfect 2nd gear shift I would be looking at an 11.4-11.5 at best @ 120-121 mph. I would say your car just loses power on the top end? Or your running out of gear?

Comment

Is this the Sonic that's on American Blvd, a couple blocks SW of 494 & 35W? Damn, that's over 80 miles round-trip from my place. Are things hopping enough to be worth nearly an hour drive each way? Do any TRs or GNs show up?

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
          Is this the Sonic that's on American Blvd, a couple blocks SW of 494 & 35W? Damn, that's over 80 miles round-trip from my place. Are things hopping enough to be worth nearly an hour drive each way? Do any TRs or GNs show up?

Joel
          That's the place Joel, but I think now that the Z is fix't I will go to Har Mar tonght then head down to the other lot when they give us the boot.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
            I am afraid they would be like AJ and fotoboy and shy away from the old camaro at the track. Not too many people want to tangle with a low 10 sec. street car at the track as most of them are pigs out of the hole. Sloss's car would desimate bad cobra's car. I do have a new engine in the works for the car, but 10.0 is still pretty good with a 9.8 compression small block with off the shelf parts and crummy elcheapo headers.

That is funny sadcobra:rotfl: just another guy who braggs how fast his cobra is and then goes to car shows.
            I love to tangle with low 10 sec cars at the track(and on the street) Especially if money in involved...
            5.55@126
            8.67@155
            www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by shagwag View Post
              I love to tangle with low 10 sec cars at the track(and on the street) Especially if money in involved...
              I bet you do. lol

Comment

Working...
              X