Power cruise update for all 3 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power cruise update for all 3 days

Friday update, was a good day a little windy but the racing was great. Was size by side with a trailblazerSS and I am sure he was surprised. I picked on 2fox body cars, beat them both on the long straights. Eddy is here along with his boy who has the white Honda hatch. Cars are hauling ass and the track is newly paved so it is a touch greasy out there in spots. Glenn I hope you can make it in Sat. It will be a lot of fun.

Yeah, to plan to head up there even though the weather channel says 50% chance of scattered showers. Geez

Comment

Sat. Update: Today was great, no rain, nice and cool, then Glenn showed up to maake a few passes around the track. I stayed side by side with a ton more cars today and got beat by a lot also. I did notice that the higher I wound the car the better it went 'till I hit the rev limiter. They did say today that powercruise will be back for 2014. I wll be posing some vids if they turn out.

Comment

Glad I went and plan on making it to the next one. Was good to clean the cobwebs out. Bob's LT1 runs like a totally different car than when I rode in it last year. What's with all the GO cameras? How much are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
          Glad I went and plan on making it to the next one. Was good to clean the cobwebs out. Bob's LT1 runs like a totally different car than when I rode in it last year. What's with all the GO cameras? How much are they?

Thanks, the car had a little more power than last year and it's nice to hang with the crowd instead of a 10 car length ass kicking, this year it like 2-3 by some of the same cars as last year. I have a GO Pro II and it was like $200.
          On a side note someone did scuff the rh side of the camaro, I got it out by buffing it with Diamond cutter No. 9 but I burned the moulding. It was ok as there was not one on the drivers side and I think the cars look better without it IMO. I f-ing hate people that pull that crap. Next year I will park in some other area away from all the dumbass fucktards with thier shitboxes.

Sunday looks like it was a rain out, but I had a very good time both days regardless of the weather.

Comment

Sounds like for the most part you had a good time!
            ------------------------------------
            Let the hating begin!

Comment

Originally posted by Alleyoop2 View Post
              Sounds like for the most part you had a good time!
              I did, it sucks I did not get a ride in Fast Eddy's car due to rain.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                On a side note someone did scuff the rh side of the camaro, I got it out by buffing it with Diamond cutter No. 9 but I burned the moulding. It was ok as there was not one on the drivers side and I think the cars look better without it IMO. I f-ing hate people that pull that crap. Next year I will park in some other area away from all the dumbass fucktards with thier shitboxes.
                Maybe you got the scuff by tapping a competitor out on the road course? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                  Maybe you got the scuff by tapping a competitor out on the road course? lol

Oh I am sure someone would have chased me down on that one :harrel smile:

Comment

Sounds like you guys had a good time! Hope I can bring the GN next year. Bob - that sucks about the scuff mark. I've gotten to the point with the GN that I park as far away from shitboxes as possible wherever I go. Too many inconsiderate assholes on the loose.

BTW - how fast do they let people drive on the track? Bob - how fast did you go with the Camaro?

Joel
                    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
                      Sounds like you guys had a good time! Hope I can bring the GN next year. Bob - that sucks about the scuff mark. I've gotten to the point with the GN that I park as far away from shitboxes as possible wherever I go. Too many inconsiderate assholes on the loose.

BTW - how fast do they let people drive on the track? Bob - how fast did you go with the Camaro?

Joel
                      I hear you on that point Joel, I got mine up to 130mph but they set the speed limit at 100mph but they are very relaxed on it unless you do something stupid going around the track. I did see one guy in a Volvo wagon get pulled off the track as he went through the middle of 2 cars in the corners, that was a no no. There was a GN like yours up there, he was pretty much stock, I beat him on the big stright the first time as he was taking it easy on the corners so I passed him on the corners. A car like that is too valuable to get wrecked.

Comment

130, 'eh? That would be fun. How long did you keep it up there? Regarding the GN - yeah, I'd be pretty nervous with others on the track, too. I suppose I'd probably have more fun with the GTP out there. Did you see any W-bodies on the track? We did reprogram mine a few years ago at one of the GP club meetings. We got rid of the 130 MPH speed limiter & the torque-limiting crap, and we tweaked the trans a bit. I've always wondered how fast it is with the speed limiter & torque-management out of the way. Also, I just had a set of factory reman heads installed last winter. They've been shaved & the compression is up enough that I can now feel a seat-of-the-pants difference between 91 & 93 octane premium.

How long of a straight you get for accelerating up to speed? Also, how fast can the average car enter the straight?

Joel
                        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

I went by there sunday on the way home and it was raining so I passed on going in.

Comment

Yep, I had a lot of fun. The icing on the cake was when I was leaving--two guys stopped and asked if I remembered them. I didn't, but he reminded me of his tubbed red Nova at Rock Falls a few years back. Then I remembered. He topped it off by saying--and remember---TC Stangs sucks!!!. I almost fell out of the truck. :laughing smile:

Comment

My trailer was there. I was not.
                              I am a total tool here and do not care about anyone but myself

Comment

Working...
                              X