Paducah track gaining racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paducah track gaining racers

Just found out the new Beacon Dragways in Paducah KY drew a crowd of about 7,000 last weekend. He brought in nostalgia funny cars from Chicago. Concessions and ticket sales were obviously booming. Later that Sat night, the place was so packed, there was hardly a place to stand and watch.

They realize they won't get that kind of crowd each week, but a draw of 7,000 is a good indicator that people from that area are gonna give Keith Murt the support he deserves.

Keith is having a grudge match on the 22nd of June where he will match his COPO Camaro against a new Cobra Jet Mustang. (EDIT>>>not a Cobra Jet. It is a GT500) Keith is going to wager $10,000.

I like success stories like Keith's.

Here are some grand opening pics..

https://picasaweb.google.com/1124007...eat=directlink#

Wow, 7K that's something.

Comment

Bwahahahaha...

This just in...results from the $10,000 race last night COPO vs. GT500. Keith bitchslapped the GT500.

The Camaro went 5.86 @ 116 Mustang 6.39 112mph.

In the second race, Keith broke the planetary in the burnout box and sent the Mustang on a single, so it's 1-1. They will re-schedule the remaining 3 races at a later date.

I just talked to my brother about more details.

I guess it's a best of 5 series and the winner donates the $10k to charity.

Keith Murt said he's not used to driving a car that slow. His Top Fuel's G forces are obviously quite different.

He paid just over $90k for the car (1 of 69 built) and only got it due to his NHRA connections. Has already been offered $300k for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        ........He paid just over $90k for the car (1 of 69 built) and only got it due to his NHRA connections. Has already been offered $300k for it.
        My friend up in Warroad with the car museum is waiting for his 2013 COPO, to compliment his '69 ZL-1. Hope I get a ride in it next time I'm up there.

Joel
        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

When it comes in, can I be you for a day?

Comment

My nephew said the guy with the GT500 claims to have 1200 rwhp and drives it on the street.

Comment

When it comes in, can I be you for a day?
              LOL! Well, if I do get a ride, I'll be sure to have my camcorder rolling! He also has a few other additions to the collection since I posted the pics last fall. One of 'em is a mid-30s Auburn 851 Boattail Speedster with the 280-cube blown straight-eight, 3-speed syncromesh, and 2-speed rear end. They went over 100 MPH, which was pretty fast back then.

My nephew said the guy with the GT500 claims to have 1200 rwhp and drives it on the street.
              That's a lot of RWHP to drive around town on a regular basis, unless a large share of the added power is from running a crapload of boost on 100 octane unleaded or E85. What mods has he supposedly done?

Joel
              There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Bwahahahaha...

This just in...results from the $10,000 race last night COPO vs. GT500. Keith bitchslapped the GT500.

The Camaro went 5.86 @ 116 Mustang 6.39 112mph.

In the second race, Keith broke the planetary in the burnout box and sent the Mustang on a single, so it's 1-1. They will re-schedule the remaining 3 races at a later date.

I just talked to my brother about more details.

I guess it's a best of 5 series and the winner donates the $10k to charity.

Keith Murt said he's not used to driving a car that slow. His Top Fuel's G forces are obviously quite different.

He paid just over $90k for the car (1 of 69 built) and only got it due to his NHRA connections. Has already been offered $300k for it.
                There is another one in Forest Lake... It has made some passes up at BIR already this year...
                www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

That's a lot of RWHP to drive around town on a regular basis, unless a large share of the added power is from running a crapload of boost on 100 octane unleaded or E85. What mods has he supposedly done?
                  I don't know. My nephew says he got it from the fast Ford circuit that runs at all the NHRA events. Traded a Shelby KR and a lot of cash for it. He owns two body shops in the area. Been in business for over 20 years. Is now making some suspension mods.

I saw a post he made on facebook where he sounded mad they couldn't keep racing after Keith broke. Keith did the right thing by giving him the single pass, because once you line up and break, the other car gets the single. Not sure why he's mad about that.

The guy claims he has ran 5.77 at Beacon. 6.38 to 5.77 is quite a difference.

There is another one in Forest Lake... It has made some passes up at BIR already this year...
                  Do you remember what he ran?

Comment

I don't know. My nephew says he got it from the fast Ford circuit that runs at all the NHRA events. Traded a Shelby KR and a lot of cash for it. He owns two body shops in the area. Been in business for over 20 years. Is now making some suspension mods.

I saw a post he made on facebook where he sounded mad they couldn't keep racing after Keith broke. Keith did the right thing by giving him the single pass, because once you line up and break, the other car gets the single. Not sure why he's mad about that.

The guy claims he has ran 5.77 at Beacon. 6.38 to 5.77 is quite a difference.

Do you remember what he ran?
                    Kip has only made 1 full pass I believe so far with it and it was a mid 9. Can't remember the exact ET & MPH... Heck, I can't remember which engine combo he has either! My brain has gone to mush today!!!
                    www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

Working...
                    X