Nephew bought a 2009 Shelby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nephew bought a 2009 Shelby

He was polling us earlier asking if he should buy a CTS-V or Denali but pulled the trigger on the '09. Has 12k miles. Already telling a guy with a 98 Trans Am they're gonna beat him. I told them I might have to come down there and make it a "business trip" to cover for the Trans Am guy.

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
    He was polling us earlier asking if he should buy a CTS-V or Denali but pulled the trigger on the '09. Has 12k miles. Already telling a guy with a 98 Trans Am they're gonna beat him. I told them I might have to come down there and make it a "business trip" to cover for the Trans Am guy.
    Have him come up here, I got a snack for him

Comment

He's never gonna come up here plus it wouldn't be worth your time. The 09 Shelby is a pig. 4100 lbs (avg with driver), 3.31 gear and 2.66 1st gear would be a hard car to get off the line without experience. So now...from that part of the family, one nephew has an Excursion diesel, the other nephew has a 95 Mustang convert 5.0 and F150 Eco-Boost and now this nephew has an F-250 Super Duty and this 09 Shelby. I guess every family has a "different" side to it. Lol

Comment

Yeah they are always gonna be Ford boys.

Looks pretty clean. Hopefully that will keep him off those death-trap crotchrockets. :laughing smile:

Comment

I agree about the crotch rockets. Those were hazardous to say the least. Also...not much room for error. Hopefully he'll not try to mod it to the point where it's not enjoyable to drive and broken all the time. If he wanted a drag car...that wasn't a good choice. I say he won't be even close to low 8s in the 1/8th.

Comment

Cobra> overpriced wantabe race car, end of story.

Comment

Yeah, he's got some decisions to make. Logic would say to keep the car as close to stock as possible since it's a Shelby. At least be able to put it back to stock if he wants to keep the value. A potential buyer prolly isn't gonna want a modified and pounded on Shelby.
              Or mod the shit out of it because the 2009 isn't really as sought after as the newer or really older ones. If he keeps it stock...he's gonna get embarrassed by a number of cars out there. I can think of one in particular.

Comment

i learned my lesson about these 32v pigs and pissed it took so long. why run one of these complicatd pigs when there are other options?
                the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

32 valves is a lot of valves.:lol:

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                    32 valves is a lot of valves.:lol:
                    And one long assed timing chain connecting the mass...or should I say mess. :laughing smile:

Comment

Here's a post on facebook from the dad bragging about the Shelby...

Hey Var, I hear while Max and Cuz John was taking a pleasure test ride in your Venemous Shelby Shake a pesty Z06 Vet acompanied by a Camaro who had some added Juice attacked your Snake with a passion! I understand the Z06 was swallowed quickly but the Camaro did'nt go down as quickly. The Camaro under stress popped and backfired several times began expelling dark smoke and continued expelling dark smoke before it ended also being digested in the Snakes Belly. What's up with that???

(I basically told them for every GM they beat they needed to realize there's one red SS Camaro they couldn't touch. The owner agreed).

Comment

Now I find out that it wasn't a Z06 but a C6 convert. Sounds like the guy backed off. Most Vette drivers don't take their cars to the max. The Camaro had a single pipe out the back which probably means it was an LT1. It was also popping and smoking...sounds like a real "winner" plus no proof he had nitrous.

Comment

He has 2.97 1st not 2.66.

Comment

I think they are trying to get your goat glen.

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                              I think they are trying to get your goat glen.

Sorry but he sold that goat a few years ago :rotfl:

Comment

Working...
                              X