Clear All

a bad one.
    1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
    2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
    2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

I'm a big fan of boosted engines, but MPG is moot if the truck needs a slow-moving vehicle sign on the way up the hill.

Besides - turbocharging, per se, doesn't appreciably increase gas mileage under high throttle/high load conditions. It takes x amount of energy to move x amount of weight up a hill in x amount of time. Which means that moving the load up the hill at the posted speed limit would require a similar amount of fuel in either case, given that the difference in engine efficiency at high throttle/high load is likely only a few percent, at most.

Joel
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Yeah Joel, the eco-boost owners try to imply they get over 20 mpg regardless of their driving habits. Anyone who understands physics would realize that it takes a certain amount of energy to do a particular job. You cant get 22 mpg towing 9000 lbs. You also won't get 22 mpg when the engine is operated under moderate to extreme boost conditions. Driveability: The next time you drive in everyday traffic, make note of how much pressure you're actually applying to the gas pedal. You'll realize that owning a truck is more than full throttle acceleration.

Comment

Exactly, Glenn. Take my GN for example. It gets 24-26 MPG on the highway @ 60 MPH in steady-state conditions, while hot-rodding around Uni on a weekend usually netted 15-17 MPG. Still better around town than my old big-blocks with similar power. However - it gets less than 2 MPG at the strip - pretty much the same as any other car of similar weight that runs similar times.

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Yeah and Ford sure has confidence in their powertrains. 60,000 miles vs 100,000 on a GM. They spew ads about how durable the engine is with all the 24 hour endurance tests. Why not 1 up GM and put a 150,000 mile warranty on it? I think we all know why. lol

Comment

glad to get ford people mad and to stir the pot
              the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

You'll get that around here sometimes...:smile tease:

Comment

Working...
                X