No announcement yet.

lambo guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u'r an idiot and so is this sloss guy. he spends probly 200K for a awd car and then worries about it might break? give me a break. if he has $200k to spend why worry about a transmission. he probly doesnt want to loose to a hotrod frum dig. people would be laffing--thats right laffing--at his ass and post it all over the internet that he got his ass handed to him with his $200k car.
    the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

Lambos come with a warmed over 700R4 tranny. Of course Lambo doesn't want you to know that so they made a couple small tweaks and called it something different. If your tranny blows you can just buy a used 700R4 (you can find a good one for less that $500) and just swap it in there. Blowing up a tranny is a poor excuse for shying away from a good dig race.

Comment

So if it uses a 700R4 would it be called a Lamaro instead:laughing smile:

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald View Post
          Lambos come with a warmed over 700R4 tranny. Of course Lambo doesn't want you to know that so they made a couple small tweaks and called it something different. If your tranny blows you can just buy a used 700R4 (you can find a good one for less that $500) and just swap it in there. Blowing up a tranny is a poor excuse for shying away from a good dig race.
          Hmmm....wonder why they don't use one of Ford's automatics? Ever heard of any major manufacturer or hot rod enthusiast using a Ford tranny? Also, don't remember seeing many rods and customs using Ford engines. Wonder why?

Sorry if I offended any of our Ford brothers. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
            Hmmm....wonder why they don't use one of Ford's automatics? Ever heard of any major manufacturer or hot rod enthusiast using a Ford tranny? Also, don't remember seeing many rods and customs using Ford engines. Wonder why?

Does Ford even make a good auto trans?. As I remember Larson had to use a GM P/G the blue turbo car as all he did was blow up the Ford stuff.

Comment

oh i would rather have a 390 ferd over a 396 chebb or a sbf over a sbc for drag racing. ferd is cheaper to build. NOT!
              the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

How's your 10 bolt rear end holding up? Ready to swap to a 9" yet?
                1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
                2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
                2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
                1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

Hmmm...I thought you'd defend the Ford trannies rather than divert to rear ends.

I think Bob runs 10s with his 10 bolt. My SS-454 has the factory 12 bolt with original axles, u-joints and plastic injected u-joint retainers. I still have my 10 bolt from the 2000. I upgraded to a 12 bolt since I obviously had such good durability experience with 12 bolts. People upgrade all kinds of parts on their cars. Not many leave them bone stock.

I never felt the need to install a 9" because> Like the 12-bolt, the 9-inch pinion gear is shimmed to achieve the proper pinion depth with a small pinion shaft diameter of 1.313 inches. Another difference between the two rearends is that the 9-inch locates its pinion gear lower on the ring gear to improve tooth contact. This strengthens the rearend assembly but at the cost of approximately 2 to 3 percent loss of power to drive the gears compared to a 12-bolt.

Comment

Originally posted by DNeinstadt View Post
                    How's your 10 bolt rear end holding up? Ready to swap to a 9" yet?

Just ran a 10.80 with my 10 bolt and going for a 9 with it this weekend.
                    My buddy put a 9" ford rear end in his nova with a 406, 3rd pass he broke an axle.

Comment

I'm sure most guys out there with 9" Ford rear ends will defend them and die hard Chevy guys will defend 12 bolts & 10bolts.. I don't care much for the Ford autos, so my Mustangs are manuals but the auto in my Chevelle is a TH400 not a Ford 4R70W or C4. :) I also have a 12 bolt in my Chevelle because I got it cheap.

I'll defend that each manufacturer did a few things better than the other. See, I can look past the Ford vs. Chevy BS and recognize when one guy makes a better trans or rear end..... Can you?

Dan

Comment

Nope. j/k. I didn't know they made F-150s with ecoboost and manual trans.

Comment

I'm sure most guys out there with 9" Ford rear ends will defend them and die hard Chevy guys will defend 12 bolts & 10bolts.. I don't care much for the Ford autos, so my Mustangs are manuals but the auto in my Chevelle is a TH400 not a Ford 4R70W or C4. :) I also have a 12 bolt in my Chevelle because I got it cheap.

I'll defend that each manufacturer did a few things better than the other. See, I can look past the Ford vs. Chevy BS and recognize when one guy makes a better trans or rear end..... Can you?

Dan

Do the T-56 conversion on your Chevelle and you will never want a t-400 again. As much as I used to like to drive the Bird with an auto, When I switched to a 6 speed the car is way more fun to drive and does not beat the shit out of the engine on the Hwy. anymore. The swap was easy.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                            Do the T-56 conversion on your Chevelle and you will never want a t-400 again. As much as I used to like to drive the Bird with an auto, When I switched to a 6 speed the car is way more fun to drive and does not beat the shit out of the engine on the Hwy. anymore. The swap was easy.
                            I fully agree!

Randy
                            www.NorthstarDetailSupply.com
                            Green four door Chevy

Comment

There is some fast ford autos.
                              http://www.dragzine.com/news/randy-s...-at-drag-week/

This lambo suppose to be fastest in the land.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Kb2CBRxnTyc#
                              90 5.0 GT New combo
                              11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

Nope. j/k. I didn't know they made F-150s with ecoboost and manual trans.
                                I don't care much for the Ford autos, so my Mustangs are manuals
                                Time to get your eyes checked? Gettin' old??

Dan

Comment

Working...
                                X