Cool Super Cobra Jet read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Super Cobra Jet read

I was talking to a NHRA tech director today and the topic of Super Cobra Jets came up. Pretty interesting that Ford would build a factory race car available to the public (at a generous price tag though) I still think it's a cool car. I think he said a local dentist owns two of em. lol

The Cobra Jet Story
    Ford Racing returned to NHRA@ Sportsman Racing with historic Mustang Cobra Jet Win!
    In 1968, Ford took the NHRA@ Winternationals by storm with the Cobra Jet Mustang. Only 50 units were built and released to Ford dealers and Ford racers and, in its first appearance, the Cobra jet won.
    To commemorate the 40th anniversary of the original Cobra jet, the 2008 model hit the drag strip - and like its predecessor, it won first time out! Owned by Hajek Motorsports and driven by John Calvert, the Cobra jet stormed to victory at the 2009 NHRA@ Winternationals - a fitting tribute to its heritage.
    Buoyed by its stunning performance and the demand for another NHRA@ - legal sportsman racecar, Ford Racing is proud to announce the new 2010 Mustang Cobra Jet.
    Like the highly successful 2008 model, this new entry from Ford Racing is a factory-built race car (serialized, but not street legal), ready for the drag strip with only minor additional prep required from the racer. Interntionally limited production makes this Cobra Jet both the fastest drag racing production Mustang ever and also a highly sought-after collectable.
    The 2010 Mustang Cobra jet (base number M-FR500-CJ10) is offered in five different engin/transmission combinations and joins Ford Racing's two successful road racing Mustangs, the FR500C and FR500S, as turn-key race cars available to racers of all levels. We encourage you to take advantage of this unique opportunity to help rewrite history by ordering and campaigning this new race car. Finally, while built to NHRA@ specs, this package will not be restricted to NHRA&64; competition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXz0ev7RiUU

Here's testing on a 2010 at GLD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDviHexewiQ

I guess I will go out and but me a new one right now.:rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
      I guess I will go out and but me a new one right now.:rotfl:
      I think you secretly like that big snake on the side of that stang

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
        I think you secretly like that big snake on the side of that stang
        I just want to chop it's head off. Where the hell is Dan when I need some fun.

Comment

I'm here, just ignoring you trolling. :)
          1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
          2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
          2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
          1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

Originally posted by DNeinstadt View Post
            I'm here, just ignoring you trolling. :)
            How do we troll our own site :rotfl:

Comment

You're trying to get me to E-fight. :P
              1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
              2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
              2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
              1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

This is a gm site, take this ford propaganda some where else. We hate fords here so get with the program.

Comment

Not a GM site--just a site run by two guys who own and race GM.
                  I like some Ford products--only have a difference of opinion with some Ford owners.

Comment

Working...
                  X