Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
    So...could the driver be 25 and was packing a 44? lol

But seriously...that's a shame to ruin a '67 clowning around. And like Bob says, no seat belt or harness? Wow, that's too risky. The whole thing was too risky.
    Glenn,

Yeah, I don't get why he would risk it. Hell - when I was a kid, we even wore our belts when we were driving fast - and seatbelts weren't even required back then. We also did our hot-rodding on a deserted township road with gradual ditches, no driveways & no major intersections. Plus, we made sure that any spectators remained behind the starting line.

Regarding a solution - wasn't it LA that set up a spot for the night-racing crowd to do it legally & safely? From what I've read, a number of large cities have done something similar, with very positive results.

Duluth now has annual street-racing on Garfield Avenue, which has been an after-hours favorite of the local street-racing scene in Duluth since the 50s. It's the only sanctioned drag-racing event in the US that runs on public streets. Not sure how they addressed the weekend & nightly racing scene.

Unfortunately, it appears that the collective 'twin cities bureaucracy' will remain hostile to auto-enthusiasts, as it has been for decades.

Joel
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Fast One View Post
      Glenn,

Yeah, I don't get why he would risk it. Hell - when I was a kid, we even wore our belts when we were driving fast - and seatbelts weren't even required back then. We also did our hot-rodding on a deserted township road with gradual ditches, no driveways & no major intersections. Plus, we made sure that any spectators remained behind the starting line.

Regarding a solution - wasn't it LA that set up a spot for the night-racing crowd to do it legally & safely? From what I've read, a number of large cities have done something similar, with very positive results.

Duluth now has annual street-racing on Garfield Avenue, which has been an after-hours favorite of the local street-racing scene in Duluth since the 50s. It's the only sanctioned drag-racing event in the US that runs on public streets. Not sure how they addressed the weekend & nightly racing scene.

Unfortunately, it appears that the collective 'twin cities bureaucracy' will remain hostile to auto-enthusiasts, as it has been for decades.

Joel
      Here is the other deal Joel, I am going to powercruise this year but I did notice last year when I was there that people were nor required to wear helmets. Fast forward to 2012, I will be wearing mine, Having the windows up and wearing my seat belt. Anyone else that wants a ride who does not want to waer one can sit on the side lines. Going over 100mph no mater if it's at spring street, BIR or the Rock can get out of contol real quick just as this guy found out over the weekend.

Comment

Also sounds like Gerald put dirty in his place on tcs too.:lol:

Comment

I truly hope the guy makes a quick and healthy recovery. He made a bad decision and hopefully has learned a lesson from it. Also, to have his young son witness that whole deal is pretty horrible.

I don't get it. I won't even drive down the block without a seat belt. When my brother bought the Chevelle in '71, he would look over and make sure to tell me to buckle up, and that's when we were just cruising around.

What changed our minds? We were cruising back from Metropolis one night in the SS-454 when we saw a VW beetle in the road, mangled. There was a young couple standing on the other side of the road but no car. The lady was pointing down the embankment and said her kids were down there. I walked over to the VW and the guy looked like a meat cleaver cut him up. There wasn't much left of his face and he wreaked of booze and was dead. I walked back to the young couple and could see a '62 Pontiac Catalina 2dr post down the embankment and could hear a kid whimpering. A friend went down there and found her. He brought her up and the mom asked where her son was. The friend looked as us and shook his head, indicating the boy (about 6 yrs old) was dead but didn't want the mom to freak out. Apparently, the drunk crossed the center line, she hit him and swerved, over corrected and went down the embankment. The kid was standing up and the force broke his neck.

People make decisions everyday and have to live with the consequences. The laws of physics will tell any sane person that it makes sense to buckle up. Even so, many won't and the results are usually not very good if involved in an accident.

Comment

If my little brother had been wearing his belt, he would be alive today.

Comment

I'm sad to hear this happen. I don't like street racing and don't like to hear about it. I love going fast, racing cars and the rush that comes with it but it will be on a race track. My prayers to the family.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                Also sounds like Gerald put dirty in his place on tcs too.:lol:
                They think I'm a troll account that CAMSS is using, so basically everyone thinks that me arguing with CAMSS is just him talking to himself :rotfl: So I'm calling myself a big pussy and talkin about my 10F900.

Comment

That's pretty funny. :laughing smile:
                  Playing with him like that is hilarious.
                  Yep, CAMSS30 is quite the character.

And as always...

Comment

Originally posted by Trailerguy View Post
                    If my little brother had been wearing his belt, he would be alive today.
                    Sorry to hear about the loss of your little brother.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVXFRR68Xss

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                        Sorry to hear about the loss of your little brother.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald View Post
                          They think I'm a troll account that CAMSS is using, so basically everyone thinks that me arguing with CAMSS is just him talking to himself :rotfl: So I'm calling myself a big pussy and talkin about my 10F900.

:laughing smile:

Comment

2nd stage of nitrous on a sandy/bumpy road will get you loose real quick, hard to make anything out from any of the public videos.

Fuck no thats why I never raced at any of the in town spots like spring and alike just dumb really dumb with a car that makes real power.

I love how Dirty talks about racing at the "local" spots when his shit doesn't even run and he is a master of the spray now too. As far as anyone knows he has never raced anyone fast, just mopeds and little kids on their BMX bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post
                              I love how Dirty talks about racing at the "local" spots when his shit doesn't even run and he is a master of the spray now too. As far as anyone knows he has never raced anyone fast, just mopeds and little kids on their BMX bikes.

:rotfl:

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post

You have to remember dirty is an expert at everything, the one thing he is the best at is running his mouth. There is a reason why he has had the shit knocked out of him a few times and it is his big mouth. I cannot imagine how much better tcs would be without him, he got kick out of MN F-body years ago and the big mistake they made was letting him and the other loosers like him back on there that destroyed the place. We booted him here as all he wants to do is fight and argue. I guess Dan thinks that 40 pages of non stop crap from guys like him is ok, but them with revenue down over there one needs every nickel he can find.:rotfl:

Comment

Working...
                                X