First ZL1 in the 9s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DNeinstadt View Post
    LOL, just thought it was funny that you started yet another thread about Terminator guys razzing you about your Fbody. When was the last time that ACTUALLY happened? 2003?

As far as I can see on this site, I am constantly being harassed by Fbody guys that start threads about us awesome Terminator guys!!:funny shit:

You are welcome to your opinion and I'm not trying to make you love Fords. :)

According to the video itself, your ZL1 in this video with only "upgrading the cam and adding a set of ported heads" also includes:
    CNC Heads, high lift cam, a smaller pulley for the SC, bigger injectors, new fuel pumps, a custom converter built to this car's spec, larger crank pulley, headers, slicks & skinny's. So tell me again how that is a "heads & cam" ZL1? Come on now! :P

I just thought it was funny how you lumped all us "Terminator" guys together to be assholes. And you started another thread complaining about how all the Ford guys were harassing you Fbody owners back in 2003.

I love you all though and !
    Dan

We still like you Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
      I hate to add to this thread cuz it always ends the same. I think dan just meant that he was not the guys who dissed your car. I think the other guys were sloss and larsen and some of the others. Also for dan, this is a chevy lovers site, as you prolly already know. But to some this up quick, ford sucks, cobra's suck, and anything that ford does is a big fail. If you own a mustang no matter what you ever do with it, or times you get ,it sucks. So you might as well give up. Just say ok, chevs rule. and talk about the weather. lol
      It's going to rain Sat. and you are not going racing. Happy.:lol2:

Comment

Ha Ha, This thread makes me LOL, as for lumping all cobra owners together, all I see was a statement that the Zman made was "let's see what the terminator boy's say". WTF was wrong with that and how did hell he call you an asshole?

Comment

It's a combination of all the "look at the shiny fast Camaro, wonder if the TERMINATOR boys will cry?" threads. :)
          1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
          2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
          2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
          1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

I say we get together the old fashioned way and RESOLVE THIS!

Who's up for BS & benchracing over dinner some night? I have a little one on the way very soon so my time will be scarce but would love to catch up with some of you guys instead of E-arguing!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DNeinstadt View Post
              According to the video itself, your ZL1 in this video with only "upgrading the cam and adding a set of ported heads" also includes:
              CNC Heads, high lift cam, a smaller pulley for the SC, bigger injectors, new fuel pumps, a custom converter built to this car's spec, larger crank pulley, headers, slicks & skinny's. So tell me again how that is a "heads & cam" ZL1? Come on now! :P
              Yeah, after I hear that the car had "all kinds of engine work" I simply acknowledged the car had a cam upgrade and ported heads. That's extensive engine mods? I've assembled many engines and have never heard anybody say a cam upgrade and ported heads would be considered a ""well built" engine. We're talking ENGINE and you throw in slicks skinnies and all the other items that would never fit into an ENGINE. lol

Your logic is similar to the time I beat a new Z06 vette and the guy came over and asked what was done to my car. I said it was basically the old 405hp Z06 engine. He immediately said "well...it HAS to have more than that done to it!!" I said yeah it had 4.11 gears. He said well that's the reason you won! The gears multiply torque! I pointed out that his car had easily over 100 more hp and his car weighed easily 400 lbs less and he's using my gears as an excuse for losing?

Comment

LOL, fair enough, you did say "engine work". I guess the engine is the only thing that crossed the finish line?

:)

Dan

Comment

Are we all freinds now girls?. Ya, Dan we can get together. Glenn and I were at wagner's last Sat. night and there were some cars there, we talked to the always "NICE" Kris R.
                  Later we went to St. Paul and drove through Sears, a few cars then I cruched an Integra on the freeway ramp going home. It is good beating ricers. Spread the word they are letting people hang out in the Sears parking lot as long as there is no mess or burnouts.

Comment

I think glen should buy me one of these z-xlt's. It would look good behind my f-150 xlt. lmfao

Comment

Joe if I had the money I'd buy you a mint low-mile '03 Cobra, but I'd have a bodyshop change the "Cobra" on the rear bumper to "Slowbra" and just hope you didn't notice.

Comment

There is a ZL1 here that runs in the high 10's with some work. Those cars are pretty fast.

Comment

Working...
                        X