• Show
Clear All

• First ZL1 in the 9s

http://youtu.be/fx-Rxh2BlPs

Originally posted by HOTCIVIC View Post
    Camaro's are not fast.

Comment

That's a cool video.

Let's hear the Terminator boys chime in.

Comment

That is not a normal new camaro. But very nice run and awesome.

Comment

Pretty good @ 4200 lbs. Just think if the car was 3500 lbs. 9.30 ish.
          Lots of things done to that engine too but it still ran the number. I will have to step up the spray on the red machine to match that.

Comment

Hmmm...I only see two things done to the motor alone. From what I read from the list was CNC heads and cam.

Plus the car isn't 4200 but 4295 and probably without driver. On average, that would put the car at around 4500 raceweight. Calculating that math makes this car really impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
              That's a cool video.

Let's hear the Terminator boys chime in.
              LOL, why are you still obsessed with comparing with Terminators (2003-2004 cars) when this is clearly a 8 year newer car? It should be a comparison between this car and a 2012 GT500 if you ask me?

The new Camaro's are fast, yes, are they as fast as GT500's? Depends on the driver I think. Either way, this is like comparing a '79 Camaro to a '87 Mustang, WAY different cars..

LOL...

Dan
              1966 Mustang Fastback 2+2
              2012 Ford Mustang GT convertible
              2013 Ford F-150 FX4 ECOBOOST
              1971 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 Clone

and others. :)

Comment

Cobra, Shelby, it's all the same. Cahnging decals don't count.

Comment

Originally posted by DNeinstadt View Post
                  LOL, why are you still obsessed with comparing with Terminators (2003-2004 cars) when this is clearly a 8 year newer car? It should be a comparison between this car and a 2012 GT500 if you ask me?

The new Camaro's are fast, yes, are they as fast as GT500's? Depends on the driver I think. Either way, this is like comparing a '79 Camaro to a '87 Mustang, WAY different cars..

LOL...

Dan
                  I dunno...the "terminator boys" have been obsessed and arrogant since the 2003 Cobra was introduced about how superior they are. They've constantly compared and made fun of Fbodies for not being made when the '03 came out. In fact MM/FF magazine put a comparison test on their front cover pitting a 390 hp 2003 Cobra against a 330 hp 2002 Camaro.

I distinctly remember the Fbody guys saying it was a drivers race against a '03 Cobra and the terminator guys laughed. But now you are quick to say it's a drivers race against the GT500? Maybe---maybe not.

Plus we've posted up the video of the ZL1 at Nurburgring and Ford still hasn't put their results up. Wonder why? They were quick to brag about it making more horsepower than the ZL1. Where are the track and Nurburgring times?

Sounds similar to how GM said the Duramax made the most power, then Ford tweaked their Powerstroke to "one up" GM. Pretty funny when they did the head to head test and the Duramax blew the Powerstroke's doors off. Same old Ford stunts.

If you'd like to show us videos of your beloved GT500 running comparable times, then post em up for our enjoyment or lack thereof. lol

Comment

Come on now... First of all I'm not "one of the terminator guys" that says your Fbody is a POS, so please don't treat me like one. I don't own a GT500 either... (I never did care much for Carroll S.) From what I can tell you're the only one still butthurt after 10 years since nobody that I know of is still bragging about whether or not their stock 2003 Cobra beats your modded 2002 Camaro. With all due respect and I mean this in the nicest & most pleasant way - Get over it already and love your car for what it is! Of COURSE MM&FF put a cover page on comparing to the 2002 Camaro. Duh! #1, it's a Ford mag and "Ford rules" articles help sell, and #2. The Ford guys have always been underpowered and we finally won a round in 2003 becuase there wasn't a level of Camaro to compare the Terminator to. You should be proud that Ford had to work so hard to keep up with your car! Personally, I'm GLAD the Camaro is back. It keeps Ford one upping Chevy and vice versa and helps both fo them to make better cars for ALL brand enthusiasts. We all win in the end...

If you want videos of GT500's and even Mustang GT's in the 8's, I didn't have to look very far to get you one, there's one from Livernois on the same Youtube page as the ZL1 video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yxek...eature=related

Now are we talking about stock blocks? Stock superchargers? From the factory? You know better than I do that you can't compare a well built ZL1 to a stock GT500. Tell me what you want to see and I can do a Youtube & Streetfire search too.

Also as for Nururgring, Ford has never published their times officially. Here's more info on a Camaro forum even:
                    http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189782
                    My favorite quote:
                    Here we go with the ring time again. Is it really that important to a US car buyer, especially the buyers of $60k cars? I don't think so. Do you really base your car purchase on a ring time? You can have the fastest ring time but if your A$$ is getting handed to you in "real world" 1/4 mile and road course racing, your ring time don't mean $hit. I love the ZL1 but I won't get butthurt when the GT500 spanks it....and it will.
                    http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f...rgring-103635/

etc. etc. etc.

On the truck world, I can't comment as I don't follow the HD or diesel world but truck comparisons have run as wild as the pony cars so I'm sure someone out there in Ford Truck land would love to bench argue with you like I'm doing here. I can tell you about the truck I own, a 2011 Ecoboost and how much I love that little Vsux with turbos though!

All in all, I am a multi-Mustang and current Terminator owner that has ALSO owned a LS1 Fbody and I'll admit that even with the auto trans in the one I had, the LS1 was way more powerful than my '01 Cobra ever was, but the Terminator changed the game for Ford which is why some guys love 'em and couldn't wait to rub salt in the Fbody guy's wounds.

At the end of the day, you love Chevy's, I love Ford's but the difference here is that I seem to do a better job showing some respect to the other manufacturer's products.

Comment

So let me understand your comments: If I state my opinion on MY site about a Cobra, you reply by saying that I'm butthurt? In case you aren't aware, my SS has outrun terminators with as much as 200 more horsepower. Based on those results, I'd think the owners of the higher powered Cobras would actually be the ones butthurt. Lol You are the one who should "get over it" that I am not intimidated by a Cobra of any type. Does that bother you? By the way...what the hell does a video of a 2011 have to do with this thread about a 2012 ZL1 which has just been introduced???

Now are we talking about stock blocks? Stock superchargers? From the factory? You know better than I do that you can't compare a well built ZL1 to a stock GT500. Tell me what you want to see and I can do a Youtube & Streetfire search too.
                      A well built ZL1? Anyone that knows anything about engines would say upgrading the cam and adding a set of ported heads is definitely not "well built".

So what can we expect as far as 1/4 mile times from the 2013 Shelby GT500? MM&FF estimates that “the 650hp GT500 will be CAPABLE of running 11.70s to 11.60s at well above 120 mph in bone-stock trim. In optimal conditions, perhaps quicker and faster. And with 4.30s and sticky tires, low 11s or even 10s could be possible.”
                      [Source: Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords]

I guess it will depend on driver air track conditions etc. Until we see actual track times capable doesn't mean much of anything.

Comment

Oh come on Glenn, Now that GM has a Supercharger on their cars and leveled the playing field the ferd owners cry foul. Besides, Dan wanted to argue anyway. I think he picked on the wrong guy.

Remember Glenn when you raced the black cobra vert? as I remember sitting on the pass side he got his ass handed to him. What did the plate say thurobread or was it loafobread :rotfl:.

Dan, This ain't tcs :rotfl: and as always

Comment

I hate to add to this thread cuz it always ends the same. I think dan just meant that he was not the guys who dissed your car. I think the other guys were sloss and larsen and some of the others. Also for dan, this is a chevy lovers site, as you prolly already know. But to some this up quick, ford sucks, cobra's suck, and anything that ford does is a big fail. If you own a mustang no matter what you ever do with it, or times you get ,it sucks. So you might as well give up. Just say ok, chevs rule. and talk about the weather. lol

Comment

I have no problem with anyone who likes Fords. I prefer GM. Always have and probably always will. No one is gonna have much luck telling me I should like '03 '04 Cobras and shouldn't be offended if I don't. Dan is cool and a good guy so it's nothing personal. Now this Joe guy....that's another story. j/k

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                              I have no problem with anyone who likes Fords. I prefer GM. Always have and probably always will. No one is gonna have much luck telling me I should like '03 '04 Cobras and shouldn't be offended if I don't. Dan is cool and a good guy so it's nothing personal. Now this Joe guy....that's another story. j/k
                              LOL, just thought it was funny that you started yet another thread about Terminator guys razzing you about your Fbody. When was the last time that ACTUALLY happened? 2003?

As far as I can see on this site, I am constantly being harassed by Fbody guys that start threads about us awesome Terminator guys!!:funny shit:

You are welcome to your opinion and I'm not trying to make you love Fords. :)

According to the video itself, your ZL1 in this video with only "upgrading the cam and adding a set of ported heads" also includes:
                              CNC Heads, high lift cam, a smaller pulley for the SC, bigger injectors, new fuel pumps, a custom converter built to this car's spec, larger crank pulley, headers, slicks & skinny's. So tell me again how that is a "heads & cam" ZL1? Come on now! :P

I just thought it was funny how you lumped all us "Terminator" guys together to be assholes. And you started another thread complaining about how all the Ford guys were harassing you Fbody owners back in 2003.

I love you all though and !
                              Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X