Anybody been to Bonneville Salt Flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody been to Bonneville Salt Flats

Wonder if anyone been to the Bonneville salt flats? Thinking about going and just seeing if anybodys been there.
    90 5.0 GT New combo
    11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

I haven't been and don't know of anyone who's been there.

Would be interesting to go though.

Wonder if you'd have to do a thorough washing underneath to get the salt residue off after playing out there.

Comment

I have read salt gets everywhere and you do have to wash right away or it will rust. This 62 Ford pickup on jalopyjournal.com is pertty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0uvM...ayer_embedded#!
      90 5.0 GT New combo

Comment

Suppost to be the best land on earth to race all out.

Comment

Yup. Was there last August... It is very different, kinda weird, but very cool. I didn't like it as much as drag racing but that is just me. I did like it a lot and am very glad I went. Don't bring anything you care a lot about or is rare on the salt at all, unless being able to have pictures of or saying you had your car out there is more important to you then the car itself. Almost everyone I asked that was out there with nice stuff said "I don't care." They said they would either rebuild it or "just get another one". No matter how much you wash the car you will never get it all out! No matter how slow you drive it will get everywhere! I mean everywhere!!! It is in the air so even if you don't go on the lake you will have to wash your car. They make protective sprays (think Pam) that you can put on before you go out on the salt that do help, but my dad is still finding bits here and there on his Toyota FJ Cruiser.

You will see some pretty cool stuff out there. Some really neat combinations. It isn't the greatest spectator sport as the closest you can get to the racing is 1/4 mile away, unless you are part of a participating team. Still, it is a must see event to attend!!! Bring your Camera (preferably one with plenty of zoom), a pair of binoculars, plenty of SPF 30 to 45 sunscreen, a couple of hats, sunglasses, a shade provider (EZ-UP, umbrella, etc.), lawn chairs, a bicycle or motorized scooter, and a cooler with plenty of drinks and food.

You can see my pictures and even a couple videos of Bonneville from this year at my site. See link below and click on the MORE button.
          www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

Thanks for the info!
            90 5.0 GT New combo

Comment

Working...
            X