no posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no posts

wow, no posts lately so here is one. The vikes are bums and lose today to the world champs 34 to 12...... You guys can always join the green and gold road to domination..... lol:lol2:

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
    wow, no posts lately so here is one. The vikes are bums and lose today to the world champs 34 to 12...... You guys can always join the green and gold road to domination..... lol:lol2:
    People are sometimes afraid to post when they know there might be retaliation on another site for posting here.:laughing smile: Most just come here to lurk and see what the latest gossip is. Sorry Joe we do not have the daily threads that have 20 pages of stupid in it everyday.

A lot of the members we have are hard core race type people that can back up their mouths with his or her car. I could always reinstate 87 blowme gt and put him in the dog house for you to play with if you like. Let me know if you would still like to have a nice puppy and I wil bring him back:rotfl::laughing smile::lol2:

Ahh, If you have not heard, The vikqueens suck big time this year.

Comment

hold the phone!!!!! Game on.

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
        hold the phone!!!!! Game on.
        GB up 33 to 27 The Vikes are playing better than I though they would.

Comment

great game.vikes played their best game of the year so far. I ponder that ponder looks like the real deal.

Comment

I would rather watch the vikes go 1-15 than be a slacker fan.
            Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

thats world champion slackers sir. lol

Comment

I don't watch football so I pulled my motor out today.
                5.55@126
                8.67@155
                www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by shagwag View Post
                  I don't watch football so I pulled my motor out today.
                  Taking out an engine is a better task than to waste a day watching football.

Comment

The proposed football site would be a great site for a drag strip if you ask me. A bunch of people enjoying a sport, not just watching someone else play.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddy View Post
                      The proposed football site would be a great site for a drag strip if you ask me. A bunch of people enjoying a sport, not just watching someone else play.
                      Agreed, Best idea I have heard all year. Fast Eddy for Gov.:laughing smile:

Comment

wow, no one likes football?? that's un american or somethin'.

Comment

Football? Would rather watch the lifetime network. Four wheels or a bikini? Is that not American? I just don't care to watch. My opinion. I'd like to see my tax dollars go for drag strip than a stadium but that will never happen.

Comment

This sorry state will never get a drag strip close to the cities. It sucks to have to drive an hour and a half to get to a track. Most of the time i listen to sports on the radio while i do chores or whatever. I can't sit still for 2 to 3 hrs.....lmfao

Comment

I have to agree with Joe. I can't see a race track in the future here either.

We had two, but in Minnesota Dragways case, people moved in close to the track then complained about the noise. Kinda like people who buy a house by an airport and then complain about noise.

In Northstar's case, I was out there every weekend supporting them while other friends sat on their rears and maybe came once or twice a season. People raced on the street instead of going a few miles to the track. Probably would be the same case if a track were built around here now.

There weren't enough racers out there supporting the track so it changed hands. I thought George Fluery bought it, but owning a track without enough racers to pay the bills probably caused him to throw in the towel.

I know Rock Falls isn't close by but it is the best option for me. They offer test day at maybe $65 or $75 bucks and people complain about the fee??? On the test days I've gone to, I could have made over 20 passes if I wanted to. Pretty cheap for $75. What does a ticket cost if caught racing on the street? Plus what your insurance rate increase would be?

I don't think people realize that running a track is a business and not a charity. There are expenses involved in keeping a track running. Payroll for employees, taxes, insurance, paying for ambulance to be on-hand just to name a few.

I used to be at BIR every meet but got tired of getting a run at 9 am then at 1PM then maybe at 5PM. When the Colonel came into the scene, I gave up. He was an arsehole.

Comment

Working...
                              X