Powercruise today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powercruise today

301hp and I were up at BIR today and it was a blast. Fotoboy, Fast Eddy and others were there. Who ever made the decided to go to car caraft over this made a huge mistake. Anyone can frumroll at anytime on the track and I watched many locals go at it today.

I sure whished the new axle for the camaro had not taken so long to get in, but we had a great time just being there. Will attend next yearand I hope CC will be on another weekend.

sounds like a good time

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
      301hp and I were up at BIR today and it was a blast. Fotoboy, Fast Eddy and others were there. Who ever made the decided to go to car caraft over this made a huge mistake. Anyone can frumroll at anytime on the track and I watched many locals go at it today.

I sure whished the new axle for the camaro had not taken so long to get in, but we had a great time just being there. Will attend next yearand I hope CC will be on another weekend.
      How many people are / were there??? I didn't see much traffic going up 10 on Friday... I hope it's big!
      www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

Originally posted by TwinTownTerror View Post
        How many people are / were there??? I didn't see much traffic going up 10 on Friday... I hope it's big!
        There were only a few hundered cars there, But what a great time watching everyone flying aroung the track and drag racing. People doing burnouts and just plain going nuckin futs.:rotfl:

Drive how you want and not get a ticket.

Comment

Hopefully there was enough for them to come back again. I'll make plans to go next year if they come back. Got any pics???
          www.twintownterrors.com

The Twin Town Terrors are now on Facebook. Like us!

Comment

Originally posted by TwinTownTerror View Post
            Hopefully there was enough for them to come back again. I'll make plans to go next year if they come back. Got any pics???
            If they do not make this conflict with CC nex year then I think it will be a better turnout, That being said it still seem like all the little crap talkers on line are trashing these guys, Why? who knows, they are idiots. Most of them do not even own a car or if they do it's a shitbox. I am sure that Dan Davis or Eddy will have something to say about the show. I thought it was fun and waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Car Crap which is the same cars year after year. Some guy with a Silver 4th gen put his car in the wall drag racing, Sounds like one of his rear calipers locked on him and that suck as it was a nice car. I got pics of the car and some others too, The weather was great abd the best was Sunday. I will not trash anyone who went to this as it was something different and looked like a great time for all. I will try to post up some pics later.

Comment

Here is the Smashed Camaro,

That will buff right out:rlol:
              Last edited by MR.hp; 07-24-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Had a awesome time at the Powercruise, put about 100 miles out on the road course, did 3 power skids, did the off street racing 2 times, took the announcer out on the road course for a few laps at his request and took home a nice trophy and $100 dollars.
                Put a regular set of 295/50/15's on the car thinking I could do some drifting,
                no trouble getting sideways but I guess I will need some more practice.
                Had the S rated tires turning about 190 mph in the powerskid, but there was so much smoke in the cockpit I couldn't really see where I was going but I could tell it wasn't straight so I decided to lift.
                The road course had plenty of space to put down some power, didn't even think to bring my Hawk brake pads, WOW turn 10 seems tight after a high speed blast from under the bridge.
                Gup and the whole Aussie crew made the Event a pleasure, very nice friendly folks.
                The guy that won the burnout contest in a Roadrunner would have made most Mopar nuts cry, he spun, he looped, he went straight and yanked the car into a 360, and don't tell Tim how close he came to the wall. LOL
                By far the coolest car event I have ever attended, people out driving their cars about as hard as they wanted.

Comment

Glad you had a good time Eddy.

Too bad about this guy's car. Maybe it was "just an unfortunate accident". It would be interesting to see exactly what happened. Hopefully the guy or people who saw it will post up.

From what I read about the event, I personally wasn't going to put my car out into a kaotic set up as they advertised. Any time you imply that you can put your car on a track where "just about anything goes" is asking for trouble. I know what works for me doesn't work for others.

I personally enjoyed Car Craft and hope they continue having the event here in Minnesota. As long as they do--I will continue to support them. I saw cars and people I hadn't seen for years. There's obviously no comparison as to what each event brings in revenue to the state. If the Powercruise event organizer were smart, they wouldn't have scheduled the event on the same weekend.

Bob obviously has a dislike for Car Craft but gets excited when BTT 50's comes to town. On the other hand-- I like car Craft where you're not limited to '64 and older. For example, I saw everything from a cool old Henry J to a new ZR1 and a new Camaro with a Pro Charger at Car Craft.

That's what makes our country so great. If you don't like something, you don't have to support it. I doubt Car Craft will close up shop if a few in the minority decide not to attend. lol

Both events at the fairgrounds bring a ton of needed revenue to our state.

Comment

I believe Car Craft moved their date after the Powercruise date was set.
                    The smashed Camaro happened during the off street drag racing portion of the event, the drag strip was very slick at times, no traction compound was used. They did drag and sweep the track but it was interesting.
                    Out on the road course people seemed to be driving with a lot of respect for the other cars, at least where I was, but I do believe a few people had their driving skill out done by their car's performance.

Comment

Well that makes sense about why they were on the same weekend. Hopefully they'll have it again and won't have the same conflicting scheduling. I can see why you'd like the road course. No place on the street like that to let it all hang out.

Comment

Talked to Gup who runs the show and he said he had a 3 year deal at BIR, this will be great until so many people show up you have to wait in line and the track is so crowded you can't just let it ripe.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddy View Post
                          Talked to Gup who runs the show and he said he had a 3 year deal at BIR, this will be great until so many people show up you have to wait in line and the track is so crowded you can't just let it ripe.
                          Saw you there on Sat. Eddy you and that Henery J were having a good side by side frum roll.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                            Saw you there on Sat. Eddy you and that Henery J were having a good side by side frum roll.
                            The little bump near the starting line and the regular rubber 295/50/15's owned me. LOL
                            I could have gone by him but the S speed rating on the tires had me a little worried.
                            The pump gas 13 psi tune didn't help either.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Eddy View Post
                              The little bump near the starting line and the regular rubber 295/50/15's owned me. LOL
                              I could have gone by him but the S speed rating on the tires had me a little worried.
                              The pump gas 13 psi tune didn't help either.
                              Still had to be fun. Looked like you were having a good time.

Comment

Working...
                              X