Blue Chevelle with turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Chevelle with turbo

Saw a early 70s Chevelle with a giant turbo this weekend. Idles like a stocker.
    Wonder how quick that car is? Should be good on the dyno.

Blow thru,or EFI? Ya better know what you are doing with those things,or your pistons will be changing holes. Kind of like NOS early on.
    Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

Thats bluchev. He is a member on here.
      5.55@126
      8.67@155
      www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Big block or small block?

Comment

It's a small block. Don't know what size.
          I saw a big ass turbo though. Either way it's a Chevelle so it's cool.

Comment

I predict it blows up soon. It's a stock 350.
            I am a total tool here and do not care about anyone but myself

Comment

Originally posted by 56Holiday88 View Post

:lol2:

Comment

ok mr expert
                the victim had semen on his trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Quadroflux View Post
                  ok mr expert
                  kthx.
                  I am a total tool here and do not care about anyone but myself

Comment

Oh, How would you know:funny shit: Nice to see you again Marky.danc

Comment

If the one you saw had blue painted bumpers, i would say you probably saw my chevelle.

Thanks for the compliments.

it initially started out with a decent 355 with dart heads, forged rods/pistons, it ran

excellent, the tune was close to being perfect (the plugs read great) but i was only

running a stock volume oil pump and what i think happened was after taking it out and

pounding on it for an hour the oil was really hot and the oil volume went down due to

the oil being so thin and it spun the #1 rod bearing and the first 3 main bearings

showed signs of oil starvation. Another possible fuck up was that i was running 5w30

oil, come to find out i shouldve been running a HV oil pump with 15w40. The only other

thing that would be a possibility is that i freshened the engine this last winter and

maybe a scuffed a bearing while assembling it all and it slowly got trashed? Doubtful,

considering that i put quite a few miles on it with 0 problems. Right now im gathering

the funds to buy another engine, but for right now i threw a stock 350 from my father

in laws 71 monte which had 70k original miles on it and bolted my turbo setup onto it.:rotfl: Which would explain why it sounds so tame. this thing is absolutely bone stock other than the Hv oil pump and my vic jr intake.:rotfl:

Comment

i have a build thread on Tcstangs if you wanna see where it all started and lots of pics

http://tcstangs.com/forum/showthread.php?107058-BUMP.

Basic rundown of the car is a 350 sbc, vic jr intake with NOS Cheater kit,CSU E85 blow thru Carb,75mm turbo,Twin 38mm Turbonetics Wastegates, turbo 350 trans 3800 stall converter, Moser Fab 9" rear end with 35 spline axles 3.70 gears 295/65/15 MT Et Drag radials.

the turbo headers are Ebay stainless headers with vbands welded on, i fabbed up the crossover and wastegate piping- its kinda ugly but it works. 5" downpipe

Thanks again for all the compliments, its been my first turbo setup and its been a big learning experience. I cant wait to get my "good" engine operational again. It was amazing. Only ran 12 psi and it felt like a damn rocketship

Comment

Originally posted by bluchev View Post
                          If the one you saw had blue painted bumpers, i would say you probably saw my chevelle.

Thanks for the compliments.

it initially started out with a decent 355 with dart heads, forged rods/pistons, it ran

excellent, the tune was close to being perfect (the plugs read great) but i was only

running a stock volume oil pump and what i think happened was after taking it out and

pounding on it for an hour the oil was really hot and the oil volume went down due to

the oil being so thin and it spun the #1 rod bearing and the first 3 main bearings

showed signs of oil starvation. Another possible fuck up was that i was running 5w30

oil, come to find out i shouldve been running a HV oil pump with 15w40. The only other

thing that would be a possibility is that i freshened the engine this last winter and

maybe a scuffed a bearing while assembling it all and it slowly got trashed? Doubtful,

considering that i put quite a few miles on it with 0 problems. Right now im gathering

the funds to buy another engine, but for right now i threw a stock 350 from my father

in laws 71 monte which had 70k original miles on it and bolted my turbo setup onto it.:rotfl: Which would explain why it sounds so tame. this thing is absolutely bone stock other than the Hv oil pump and my vic jr intake.:rotfl:
                          Car was pretty cool and that turbo was BIG. I know one thing about thin oil, Hi-po engines and that stuff does not mix. Every time I run thin oil in an engine I have bearings that look like shit. i ow use 20-50 again and everything is a ok. Going to run her at the track sometime this year?

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
                            Car was pretty cool and that turbo was BIG. I know one thing about thin oil, Hi-po engines and that stuff does not mix. Every time I run thin oil in an engine I have bearings that look like shit. i ow use 20-50 again and everything is a ok. Going to run her at the track sometime this year?
                            Hopefully, but money's kinda tight right now. i might bring it to Car craft this year

Comment

How did the car do at CC this year?

Comment

Working...
                              X