No announcement yet.

Car Craft or Powercruise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While driving up to BIR saw 6 cars on the side of the road with the mustang on the trailer brole down. I think they were heading to powercruise.

Comment

Lots of nice cars at CC today

Comment

Only went for a couple hours yesterday because I had tons of stuff going on, but I saw more eye catching stuff in that short period of time than I did at Back to the 50s in half a day.

Here are just a few:

1. A friend had his rare L78 '68 Camaro SS/RS in there.
        2. A rare '70 SS-454 LS5 4-Speed with fact A/C, Fiber Optics, PW, Cowl Induction.
        3. '66 4-4-2 Tri-Power.
        4. '70 SS-454 El Camino Cowl Induction 4-Speed
        5. '69 Z28 Cross Ram
        6. '65 Impala SS 396 4-Speed super nice.

Also GM had a full engine display including specs and history with everything from 225 hp 265 (2 4bbl) to L88's to 409's to LS6 454 of course with the red w/ black stripe Chevelle ad in the background.

So-what if there weren't 11,000 cars there? I relate more to this era than the other stuff.

Comment

For the first time in years, I decided not to bring the GN to CC. Given the weather & that I've been quite busy with non-car-related stuff, I decided to pass this year.

Regarding BTT 50s vs. CC - although I do appreciate the older iron, I relate much better to early 60s & newer iron. I do have a soft spot for '48 Merc V8 5-window coupes, though - as I learned to drive in one. And being a Buick guy, I like pretty much anything that's nailhead-powered.

I wonder what a show like CC will look like in 20 years. Will people actually be drooling over pristine or immaculately restored front-drive performance cars from the 80s & 90s - or will we see a generation gap when it comes to desirable cars?

Joel
          There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
          X