Has anyone noticed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone noticed

That you can't sell shit lately (parts that is), Nobody is at the swaps, More people just looking and the worst of all People making such stupid offers I would like to punch them. I had a nice used 1050 dom. at the swaps and some guy said they are only worth $200!, WTF I told him. The guy said the older style dominator are not used much anymore that's why they go so cheap.

We had a set of really nice used tires, I asked $100 and would have taken $50 but people were wanting them for $10 to $20 because thay had to pay someone else to mount them, How the fuck is that my problem? so I told one guy I would just scrap them for $20 and that really pissed him off.

Everyone on line wants what the dealer sells their cars for but at least with buying from a dealer they have to take the car back if it takes a shit in so many days.

I think it's going to get worse.

I have noticed that different swap meets bring different types of buyers, good stuff will sell at some meets and then you won't sell any of that kind of stuff at the next?

And then you have that "GAY" State Tax ID Forms you have to fill out to sell stuff you already payed for once just to have to pay TAXES on it again? Whats up with that???

:smile tease: danc T5

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
      That you can't sell shit lately (parts that is), Nobody is at the swaps, More people just looking and the worst of all People making such stupid offers I would like to punch them. I had a nice used 1050 dom. at the swaps and some guy said they are only worth $200!, WTF I told him. The guy said the older style dominator are not used much anymore that's why they go so cheap.

We had a set of really nice used tires, I asked $100 and would have taken $50 but people were wanting them for $10 to $20 because thay had to pay someone else to mount them, How the fuck is that my problem? so I told one guy I would just scrap them for $20 and that really pissed him off.

Everyone on line wants what the dealer sells their cars for but at least with buying from a dealer they have to take the car back if it takes a shit in so many days.

I think it's going to get worse.
      Yeah, I guess you hear all types of ridiculous offers at swap meets. It's highly unlikely that people will pay what you're asking at a swap meet. But what do I know? You have a helluva lot more experience at doing well at one than I would though. Sounds like they not only gave you a stupid offer, they gave you a stupid reason as to how they arrived at the offer and that's why you're pissed.

But I'm kinda confused. It's ok for you to buy a part for $100 that has a value of $300-$400 or more, but if someone makes a low ball offer to you, that's not ok? lol

From what I've heard, going to a swap meet is an environment where people make offers--even stupid ones. They do it to try and see what you'll really take for the item. That's why I've really never had the urge to set up shop at one. For over 20 years I've made a living being part of a process where people made stupid offers. No desire to do it in my spare time.

Comment

Most people at swap meets are cheap fucks

Comment

lol most people on craigslist are cheap fucks too... I had a free mattress listed a few weeks ago, a come and get it kind of deal and someone wanted me to deliver it... I was like you gotta be fucking kidding me...

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz_Kill View Post
            lol most people on craigslist are cheap fucks too...
            I will agree with that.

Comment

I'd carry it a step or two further:

Most people in the country are cheap fucks. They bitch about a lack of quality, they bitch about the cheap crap from China. But when the paycheck shows up, they flock to Walmart in droves to buy a house-full of cheaply-made plastic & press-board crap from China. Hypocrites...

It's simple - a person can be part of the problem, or part of the solution. Pick one...

Joel
              There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
              X