what is with this new car logic..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is with this new car logic..

so today, was working on my new daily... put the axles back on, hooked up some crap, put seats in it aside from the drivers. hooked up the stereo, and got a new battery terminal connection to fix the crappy one that was on there. and drove it home with no problems aside from the wheel bearing I knew was going out. I mean, I had some clutch problems last fall.. so i got that fixed like a week ago..

then proceeded to have some b.s. argument with the neighbors that are in the buy new, because its reliable and a car payment is fun.

went like this
    They defined it as having a car payment and "reliable"... Ha, I drove my crapbox for three years that had an initial investment of 500, and less than 600 in maintainance over three years while getting 35 average mpg.. It stranded me one time.... then said old things are "crappy".. really, working on something yourself, and building it from a shell means its crappy because they saw all of me driving past them with a humming wheel bearing so it was kind of loud.. so ya, buying new, and having a sensor alone that could cripple the car is better because of what? they then proceeded to say i should buy a kia if i wanted cheap and reliable.. I laughed, and had to walk away before I lost myself in how arrogant some people are. I don't get the logic of people sometimes

-Aaron
    87 cutlass
    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Yeah, buy a Kia? That's a joke.

Comment

Working...
    X