New Hangout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hangout

As I drive by wangners in BP everyday, I think I will stop in and ask the owner to see if he would be willing to stay open untill midnight on fri and say this summer. Now this is only going to happen if people are willing to go there and buy food from him.

So I would like to know if you's racers :rotfl: are willing to hang there this summer late. I know of some race spots up here too, But I am unwilling to say anything other than in a secure place on this forum where the po po cannot see.

Wagners is fun. Not to far away. I can almost see my garage from the parking lot. The food is great. I'm in.

Comment

We hold our monthly GN club meeting at Wagner's a couple times each summer. The food is great, and the owner is also great. I'm also in.

Joel
      There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Always in for a new hangout

Comment

Well...if Joel is in, I'm in.

Comment

where is it located???

Comment

Just off 694/94 and Cr 81. North West Burbs.

7000 W Broadway Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55428

Comment

Wagner's website:

http://www.wagnersdrivein.com/

Car club called Wag-Niters that gets together there on Mon nights:

http://wagniters.webs.com/apps/photo...bumid=10301920

Joel
                There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Glad to see some interest, So I will stop by one day and see what the say.

Comment

Sounds like a great idea

Comment

That's close to home for me. I'd probably stop by once in awhile, but my regular Fri-Sat nights are generally North St. Paul, Hastings, and a little gathering in North Hudson every other Saturday in the summer.

Unfortunately, I discovered I need a head gasket replacement in the car I bought in Oct, so unless I suddenly find time to do that....I'm incapacitated for awhile this year.
                      Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

I'd go to N St. Paul & some of the others, but most of them have age limits, and my GN is too new. What a bunch of shit. No point in showing up if I can't bring my car.

Joel

Comment

You can go to the North Saint Paul show.There is a lot across from the VFW,Go down the alley on First street and park it,no prob. Just get there early (5:00 ish). Don't hit it on June 3rd. That's the first show,or should I say zoo.That's the the only day to leave your ride at home. The crowd is so thick,you can hardly walk down main street. There have been cars that I haven't seen since the 70s at Minnesota and Twincity.
                          Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

I've never been to that show, but from what Eric N says, I think I would definitely enjoy it.

A good friend who has an old classic Caddy with the little duck tail fins said he has tried going, but people start bringing their cars in a 1Pm on Fri for the good spots. He's had to park 2-3 blocks away and doesn't trust leaving his car that far away.

Must be quite the spectacle.

Comment

Eric,

Regarding N St Paul - it's a great show, but I'm looking for a new weekend hangout where I can show my car. Hanging out on the weekends as a spectator doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Glenn,

I've been there a number of times. Since our MGNTA chapter is affiliated with the MN Buick club, our TR's are allowed in once per year - on Buick night.

Every time I've attended, there were hot-rods lined up for blocks, plenty of food vendors, and lots & lots of spectators. I think you'd enjoy it.

Joel

Comment

Working...
                              X