No announcement yet.

Porrky's to close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The place will be missed. Too bad it could not wait untill this coming weekend, Suppost to be a lot nicer.

Comment

http://www.auctionmasters.com/cgi-bi....cgi?amasters7

-Aaron
      87 cutlass
      76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
      87 olds 442 - old mans ride
      355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

So the building is moving and may re-open as...

http://www.twincities.com/ci_17822705?nclick_check=1

Comment

I was at my former favorite site today, sure is a lot of blubbering over there about porky's being closed, like where is the new spot or this place is interesting. Boo Hoo Hoo, the little tots need to find something new to do. Most of them are the ones who caused the place to go downhill in the first place.

Comment

The owner caused it to go downhill,He hasnt stuck a dime into upkeep for years and the place was falling apart literally. I'm sure He had discussed selling long before this came about. Thug rail just put a nail in the coffin since it was a major pain in the ass to get there.

Comment

Kelly is right. I compare Tryg Truelson to the clown who moved the Northstars to Texas. He wasnt a hockey guy, nor was Tryg a car guy. May Tryg's future businesses bring him the disappointment he bestowed on the car people he betrayed.

Comment

There will be more places to hang out. It always happens. Anyone remember the Sun Drive-in? that closed and the scene was dead for a while then everyone hung out on Central ave. after that everyone headed to Anoka. This will be no differnt.

Comment

Ahh, The old Sun drive in, Was present at many a race down there back in the late '70s.

Comment

Originally posted by Z28SSMAN View Post
                    Kelly is right. I compare Tryg Truelson to the clown who moved the Northstars to Texas. He wasnt a hockey guy, nor was Tryg a car guy. May Tryg's future businesses bring him the disappointment he bestowed on the car people he betrayed.
                    Some friends went to him to see if they wanted to contribute anything to the porkys shootout (hamburger certificates ect.) and he wouldnt give anything, nothing like supporting the guy who support you.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly andersen View Post
                      Some friends went to him to see if they wanted to contribute anything to the porkys shootout (hamburger certificates ect.) and he wouldnt give anything, nothing like supporting the guy who support you.
                      I saw how much he cared about his customers when he brought in that fat bitch a couple of years ago. Now she and tryg can find something new to do.
                      I know one thing, If they decide to sell those shakes at the Fair they should have the health dept. there as lots of people will be getting the squirts.:rlol:

Comment

Tryg probably hasn't given a damn about Porky's since he opened his upscale restaurant. Despite the economy & all, Porky's on Uni always turned a profit. From the Star Trib article:

While Porky's, at 1890 University Av. in St. Paul, "has always been doing OK [and] was not losing money, it's just a business decision," said Nora Truelson, who began at Porky's as a carhop in 1957.
                        There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life. - Frank Zappa

Comment

Read post #39 Its all about the money. Stick a fork in it,its done and gone.
                          Drag Racing,just you,me,and the tree!!

Comment

Working...
                          X