Porrky's to close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porrky's to close

Rumor on the street that the pig will close soon. Any truth to this?

probably lose alot of business to the light rail construction that is going to likely destroy any activity on university. I say its plausable

-Aaron
    87 cutlass
    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Yeah, that's not much of a surprise.

Sad though.

Where will everybody go? Especially with BTT50's and Car Craft coming up.

Comment

That dump was closed for at least a decade (1980's) and people found other places to go. No loss.
        Life is too short to waste time and energy on hate.

Comment

theres people talking about hwy 10 up by blaine for cruising. no idea what will happen, just not amused with it shifting north. I prefer the central location personally.

-Aaron
          87 cutlass
          76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
          87 olds 442 - old mans ride
          355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

No great loss

Comment

You should read all the blubbery shit on the other sites about this topic, the punk idiots with all their shitbox riced out mustangs, honhas and trucks with the shitass loud music killed porky's. Fucking kids have been ruining the car sence for years. The cops should have busted
              all the careless drivers and made an example out of them for all to see. I am glad to see it close.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post
                You should read all the blubbery shit on the other sites about this topic, the punk idiots with all their shitbox riced out mustangs, honhas and trucks with the shitass loud music killed porky's. Fucking kids have been ruining the car sence for years. The cops should have busted
                all the careless drivers and made an example out of them for all to see. I am glad to see it close.
                Hey Blue, You are right a lot of those idiots that get on line and shoot their e-mouths off are most of the reason Porky's is closing. Doing burnouts and cranking up the tunes does not do much for the places image, Don't forget the stupid bile owners that do the same crap.

From what Bob and Glenn have told me the late night stuff was pretty tame and those guys try to stay out of the limelight. Punk ass kids ruined Anoka and now ruined Porky's.

Comment

People say the car scene is dead and those are are the one who never go to anything.
                  We used to cruise up in the north metro and race around here all the time untill everyone started hanging out in St. Paul. This year I will go back to hanging out up here and we will call some key people to go race late again, No names but I know we will have a good time just like the old days. I don't need to have a late night car show like all the tools at porky's do, Go to the race spot and sit for hours on end tring to figure out how or who to race, What a bunch of tools.

Without Porky's we will see some better hangouts IMO.

Comment

WTF is a Porkys?

Comment

Actually, if Porky's is closing, I see it as nothing more than a sound business decision. With the light rail in there business will drop dramatically and it seems as though a developer wants the land. Why operate for a year or several at a loss when they could just get out while the getting is good? Lightrail is going to turn Uni into a ghost town.
                      I am a total tool here and do not care about anyone but myself

Comment

Originally posted by Bluetcster View Post
                        Fucking kids have been ruining the car sence for years. The cops should have busted

I agree but don't you think you sound like some parents from back in the 80's :rotfl:
                        I can't have nothin nice. Been there wrecked that.

Comment

Aw c'mon guys! Didn't you know we NEED light rail to connect the cities???

All I know is that I wouldn't want to be a small business owner anywhere on Uni.

The transit connecting the Mall Of America/Airport area to downtown makes more sense. Looks like it's been successful.

When they built the Northstar rail, it was supposed to be the real deal to connect the outlying north suburbs to downtown--it was going to have BIG ridership. It has fallen over 20% below expectations. The officials blame high unemployment for the low volume. They seem to shift the lack of success to touting how many fans they shuttle to the Twins games.

Oh well..the government knows what's best for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudtrux View Post
                            I agree but don't you think you sound like some parents from back in the 80's :rotfl:
                            Someone has to look out for the stupid people

Comment

With the light rail coming through in a couple of years,it would have left us anyway.I worked with a guy who's aunt and uncle started it.He was a street rodder and a pretty cool guy.To bigtimeracer..........Porkys is a drive-in turned to dive-in.St.Paul Mn.

Comment

Working...
                              X