Rock Falls Helmet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Falls Helmet Question

If you run slower than 13.99 or whatever their website says, how strict are they about older snell dated helmets. Say a snell2000. If I want to go there just a few times I don't really want to spend 250+ bucks on a certified one from this year.

-Aaron
    87 cutlass
    76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
    87 olds 442 - old mans ride
    355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Originally posted by smooth_358 View Post
    If you run slower than 13.99 or whatever their website says, how strict are they about older snell dated helmets. Say a snell2000. If I want to go there just a few times I don't really want to spend 250+ bucks on a certified one from this year.
    I am not sure, But I do know this. Go to any motorcycle place and you should be able to buy a snell 2000 or newer for dirt cheap as there are lots of closeouts. I got mine for 98 bucks at Delano sports center, I am sure in a year or two the snell 2000 will be dropped and then the next will be due. I cannot say that this a helmet is a place to be cheap. A helmet of any sort is better than no helmet at all, Look at all the idiots that do not wear one when riding a bike, or look at the all the people street racing with no helmet (inc. myself) 130mph flip your car the helmet could be the differance in being alive or dead in a crash.

Comment

Yeah--protect yer noggin with an approved helmet

Comment

ha, idk about 130.. anyhow, ended up getting a brand new helmet from my friend as he bought the wrong size and didn't like it after a couple weeks of use on his snowmobile. So, I'm covered for a while as this one is a snell2010

-Aaron
        87 cutlass
        76 olds 350/t56 3.73's
        87 olds 442 - old mans ride
        355 sbc, th200-4r, 3.73's

Comment

Working...
        X