What type of combo impresses you more?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1moretoy View Post
    Alright, here's a question for everyone. What do you consider to be a budget vs non budget build?
    I would say getting parts you really don't want due to funds for the build. For example, I just bought some TSP 5.3s becuase I can't afford the lsx Trickflows. I would call that budget.

Comment

I know that I haven't done much without either paying for it or having a definite "guiding hand" while doing the work.
      Nothing wrong for either so long as you WANT to learn what is/was done and eventually be able to do the same thing yourself some day when you feel you are ready. We all have to start somewhere. It gets me when someone thats not as versed in automotive mechanics asks a question and the response from a more seasoned guy is that of arrogance and attitude that "you didn't know that?" Think of the know it all prick in Two Lane Blacktop that drove the Model A? Ford and got spanked in the street race and then later got dumped by his lady. What goes around comes around.

Comment

I guess it kind've goes both ways.Some have the money to spend and yet still do all or most of the work besides. Not many can do it all so there will always be someone else's help or input in the project, and thats allright! Like Tork said, it all comes down to respect. Hell we all don't like every car but we can all respect what that vehicle is and all the sweat and blood someones poured into it?! Everybody has there niche and it's just an all around great hobby for everyone to enjoy!Traver
        2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

I bought a blower kit last x mas and teh ecu to drive it this x mas, thats budget for me.

Comment

I like to do all of the work on my own things, as much as possible, with out having to go buy expensive tooling, that is what machine shops are for.

I agree with the majority here, the "Shade Tree" mechanics that are getting more from less are my favorites, nothing against the big dollar guys, I just don't have that kind of CASH...

Their are some who are Book Smart and some who are Do Smart and some who are fortunate enough to be both, all of whom deserve respect, none of us have all of the answers, that is why we "Shade Tree" guys enjoy the car talk so much, it makes us think??????

Comment

If you consider motorsports I think the budget racer would be the independant. These guys usually don't have a huge amount money to spend over the course of a year to race. Like the drag strip you see John Force show up yeah you like the guy but if a no sponsor indepentant beats him for a you you David and Golilath which is pretty cool.

When it comes to cars I like the budget guy does alot of work on his own to save money. Does a portion of the car at a time. Like me my budget for this year is only allowing me to do 4 or 5 things to car. The one thing that drives me abosolutley nuts is someone who goes and buys a turn key and knows next nothing about the car. Like fotoboy. I guy my wife work with bought a 63 vette. I was talking to him at back tothe 50's and he didn't know crap about his car. Hell I knew more about his vette than he did and I don't know squat about vettes. He's a guy who buys and doesn't work on anything.

Comment

Budget.

Comment

Speedo, I hear what your saying when you talk about "budget" and "big money" guys. You also have to take into account the car that was started with. You always call me "BIG MONEY". I look at it this way, what did your maro cost when you bought it? You have to take that into consideration. I started with a relativly cheap $3000 car. This allowed me more money to spend on mods. Sure what I have into it now I could have just bought a car done and it would be faster. But I have built the car over 4 years every year improving. This year I will be on the sidelines because I need a tranny and dont have the cash to buy it. I buy alot of used parts. Good quality Used parts. I have learned more in the last two years then I had in 10 years previous.

Comment

What kind of tranny are you looking for les???? Maybe someone might be able to help somehow???

Comment

Originally posted by LES View Post
                      Speedo, I hear what your saying when you talk about "budget" and "big money" guys. You also have to take into account the car that was started with. You always call me "BIG MONEY". I look at it this way, what did your maro cost when you bought it? You have to take that into consideration. I started with a relativly cheap $3000 car. This allowed me more money to spend on mods. Sure what I have into it now I could have just bought a car done and it would be faster. But I have built the car over 4 years every year improving. This year I will be on the sidelines because I need a tranny and dont have the cash to buy it. I buy alot of used parts. Good quality Used parts. I have learned more in the last two years then I had in 10 years previous.

That's exactly what I mean yeah you put alot of money into it but it took you time to do it. Verses spending 25-30k or more for a turnkey.

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                        What kind of tranny are you looking for les???? Maybe someone might be able to help somehow???
                        I know what tranny it will take to work well with my combo. And I will buy it when I have the money saved. I jsut wont go into debt to do it.

TKO 600 (PROMOTION PRO SHIFTED)

Thanks for asking it is appreciated.

Comment

Budget combo that runs good, I concider my car budget I have about 8000$ into it and run close to others with twice that into their combo but thats with some luck and alot of work.
                          90 5.0 GT New combo
                          11.84 @ 113 1.64 60' Dynoed 428hp 419tq Dyno Vid Dyno sheet

Comment

I know what tranny it will take to work well with my combo. And I will buy it when I have the money saved. I jsut wont go into debt to do it.

TKO 600 (PROMOTION PRO SHIFTED)

Thanks for asking it is appreciated.
                            I have one of those, 1800.00 or so i paid, not cheap and also had to have the key's and such changed, it didn't want to shift into 3rd over 5k rpm, but has been fine since. But if I ever hear of one for cheap I'll let ya know, maybe throw in something else just to cruise this summer. It suck's to miss a whole summer...... I've missed 3-5 month's before and it ate me alive and the next winter was even worse than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by 98 cobra s/c View Post
                              I have one of those, 1800.00 or so i paid, not cheap and also had to have the key's and such changed, it didn't want to shift into 3rd over 5k rpm, but has been fine since. But if I ever hear of one for cheap I'll let ya know, maybe throw in something else just to cruise this summer. It suck's to miss a whole summer...... I've missed 3-5 month's before and it ate me alive and the next winter was even worse than usual.
                              Its ok.. I figure if I put a stock T5 in , it wouldn't last long . And my car isnt much of a cruiser anymore with a solid roller and 700+ lift. I always find a way to get things done, even if it means sacrificing otehr things.

With that said , anyone want to buy a slightly used wife? Great ass and killer boobs? Comes with master degree and very good income. :lol:

Comment

Its ok.. I figure if I put a stock T5 in , it wouldn't last long . And my car isnt much of a cruiser anymore with a solid roller and 700+ lift. I always find a way to get things done, even if it means sacrificing otehr things.

With that said , anyone want to buy a slightly used wife? Great ass and killer boobs? Comes with master degree and very good income. :lol:
                                Pics of wife please

Comment

Working...
                                X