Dyno today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyno today

I dyno'd my 476 bbc pump gas motor taday. It made 716 hp and 636tq with only 2 inch headers and a pretty rough carb. Its a gm block, gm steel crank, and gm 7/16 steel rods, with heavily ported brodix heads ported by rr. Average power was 659hp and 600tq.
    5.55@126
    8.67@155
    www.tntraceshop.com

Originally posted by shagwag View Post
    I dyno'd my 476 bbc pump gas motor taday. It made 716 hp and 636tq with only 2 inch headers and a pretty rough carb. Its a gm block, gm steel crank, and gm 7/16 steel rods, with heavily ported brodix heads ported by rr. Average power was 659hp and 600tq.
    Very impressive, What carb did you use?

Comment

Just an oldschool 1050 dominator
      5.55@126
      8.67@155
      www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

Just an oldschool 1050 dominator
        Should let you try my BLP 1050 dominator. The last guy who tried it said his engine dyno'd with 38 more hp with it on a 540. rr is that Ron Quanstrums place where you dyno'd?

Comment

Seems your car was quick before, that much power should be a blast. Good luck !

Comment

Great numbers shagwag!

Comment

Originally posted by MR.hp View Post
              Should let you try my BLP 1050 dominator. The last guy who tried it said his engine dyno'd with 38 more hp with it on a 540. rr is that Ron Quanstrums place where you dyno'd?
              I wish I would have had something I could have tried changing the air bleeds. The dyno carb was the same as mine and it had no power valves and made the most power and the a/f was right with 93 jets all around. My carb has power valves and was super lean at first, ended up being right with 96 jets in the front and 98s in the back. The motor made more power with my carb, which was surprising.
              5.55@126
              8.67@155
              www.tntraceshop.com

Comment

I wish I would have had something I could have tried changing the air bleeds. The dyno carb was the same as mine and it had no power valves and made the most power and the a/f was right with 93 jets all around. My carb has power valves and was super lean at first, ended up being right with 96 jets in the front and 98s in the back. The motor made more power with my carb, which was surprising.
                That's good that it was your casb that made the most power, I have also read that converting 3 curcuit Dominators to 2 curcuit is the way to go. I have no experience in this but it sounds like using 850 metering blocks is the thing one changes on the 4500. The BLP carb has like a ton of screw in air bleeds with A/D boosters. When I called BLP they asked for the P/N on the carb the confirmed that indeed it was one of theirs. It was like $1250 new.

Will be interesting to see what your wagon go like with that power combo.

Comment

Nice sick powa'.......
                  2001 Trans Am All Motor 9.75 @139mph

Comment

700+ that's a lot. props dude.

Comment

Working...
                    X