"Old" new car dealerships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Old" new car dealerships

Drive down University Avenue and you won't find any of the new car dealers anymore. I think the last to pull out was either Midway Chev or Whitaker Buick. Both buildings have been empty for quite a while. Many years ago University Ave had several new car dealers. And way back Ford supposedly had an assembly plant on Uni also before its current location. Just like Detroit only the car ghosts remain here noworly

Originally posted by Jumpercables View Post
    Drive down University Avenue and you won't find any of the new car dealers anymore. I think the last to pull out was either Midway Chev or Whitaker Buick. Both buildings have been empty for quite a while. Many years ago University Ave had several new car dealers. And way back Ford supposedly had an assembly plant on Uni also before its current location. Just like Detroit only the car ghosts remain here noworly

You are right, Midway Chev was the last to close in '07. We had a couple of techs from there come to rosedale when I worked there. I am sure that the area had something to do with it too. Most people don't like to be hassled when going to buy a car even though some of those car salesmen can act just like criminals.

Nice to hear from you again too jumpercables

Comment

I used to go to Lindahl olds in bloomington to see the 442's on the show floor,that was a good time.Harold chev had some bad ass cars in its day also,dad almost bought a 427 impala,cant remember why He didnt. Those were the days!!!!!

Comment

I know there are some that unless you knew someone who worked there, you'd never know they even existed. My grandfather worked at Hayden Ford for a while in the 40s or 50s. They were located near Uni and Fairview then.

I had heard that the old owners of Midway Chev and Fury Motors (SSP) kept some pretty nice muscle stored in the basements of their old buildings for years. Tom K. supossedly sold one or more of his on Barrett-Jackson a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
        X